[cncf-toc] [RESULT] Kubernetes Vote by TOC

Alexis Richardson alexis at weave.works
Tue Mar 8 21:35:08 UTC 2016

Here are the results from this week's vote re accepting Kubernetes project
proposal into the CNCF, towards supporting the statement below.  The
Kubernetes proposal is here:

TOC votes:
+1 Ben Hindman
+1 Bryan Cantrill
+1 Camille Fournier
+1 Jonathan Boulle
+1 Kenneth Owens
+1 Alexis Richardson

The motion to accept Kubernetes into CNCF was carried unanimously by the
binding votes of the TOC.  In addition several members of the CNCF
community emailed to support the motion.

Target: CNCF announcement on Thursday 10th March at Kubecon

“On behalf of the CNCF TOC:

We have accepted Kubernetes into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
While Kubernetes is the first project to be accepted, our intention is to
welcome many open source projects into the foundation. Our remit is broad
and we encourage applicants across the spectrum of cloud native, containers
and microservices technology.

We now invite the Kubernetes community to work with the TOC to help
shepherd the project through a formal transition to the foundation.  All
CNCF projects will pass through the same process of Incubation(**).

The first step is that Google transfer copyright and trademarks(*)
associated with Kubernetes to the Linux Foundation. When this is complete,
the TOC will work with the Kubernetes community to finalise the project
governance model.

In summary: we are pleased to announce that Kubernetes is now an Incubated
Project(**) at the CNCF.”

(*) Sarah Novotny will provide a complete list of assets.  Our
understanding is that a "yes" vote will lead to Google initiating the IP
transfers to LF for the CNCF.
(**) A full and formal definition of "Incubation” and “Incubated Project”
will be published by the CNCF TOC.