From: cncf-virtual-kubelet-maintainers@... <cncf-virtual-kubelet-maintainers@...> on behalf of via Lists.Cncf.Io <sargun=sargun.me@...>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 1:22 PM
To: virtualkubelet-dev@... <virtualkubelet-dev@...>
Cc: cncf-virtual-kubelet-maintainers@... <cncf-virtual-kubelet-maintainers@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-virtual-kubelet-maintainers] [virtualkubelet-dev] nominating a new core maintainer

Thank you Ria,
I accept this nomination, and appreciate recognition of my contributions to the project.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 10:40 AM Ria Bhatia via Lists.Cncf.Io <ria.bhatia=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
Hi Maintainers for VK,

I'd like to nominate Sargun Dhillon to become our 5th core maintainer for VK. He's jumped to contributor #3 on our VK stats, and he's been significantly involved with progressing the virtual kubelet project.

If Sargun accepts his nomination, we will vote, and I'll send out a voting form to all maintainers of VK, per our governance documentation:

When the nominated individual agrees to be a candidate, the project maintainers and the current core maintainers may vote.
  • The voting period will be a minimum of 7 days and will close when a majority of project maintainers have voted.
  • Each maintainer will get 1 vote, yes or no, and depending on the majority the candidate will either become a core maintainer or not. Maintainers will vote through a election form (Office forms or Google forms).
  • After a maximum of 2 weeks after the voting period started, the votes will be counted up and the status of the vote will be sent out to the project and core maintainershttps://github.com/virtual-kubelet/community/blob/master/governance.md

This is our first time going through this official nomination process, so bear with us! I expect to make a couple edits to our governance, with approval from core maintainers.

Thanks,

Ria

Paulo Pires

My vote has been cast.
Thanks for all your contributions, Sargun!

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, 15:44 Ria Bhatia via Lists.Cncf.Io <ria.bhatia=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
Great! Thanks for the acceptance Sargun.

Core maintainers and project maintainers,

If your name is listed in this owners document https://github.com/virtual-kubelet/community/blob/master/OWNERS.md, then you have one vote to make Sargun a core maintainer for Virtual Kubelet.
The voting form is here:

Voting will end next Monday, October 7th at 2pm PST.
If you haven't voted by this Thursday, I will personally reach out to you asking you to vote. Also, if you have any questions please reach out to any of the core maintainers privately.

[...]

Ria Bhatia

Thanks for all the votes! Sargun has been unanimously elected to become a core maintainer of Virtual Kubelet!!  Congrats Sargun! We are so happy to have you be part of our team :)

I'll be sending out a PR to add you to our OWNERS.md file shortly!

Thanks,
Ria

[...]

Sargun Dhillon

Thank you so much! I am glad to join the ranks of the core maintainers.