Date   

Re: Harbor 2.5.2 is out!

Orlin Vasilev
 

 Sent too soon: (fat fingers)

and:
zyyw 
YangJiao0817

Thank you folks!

Orlix

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 11:53 AM Orlin Vasilev via lists.cncf.io <orlin=orlix.org@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Well, we know Friday is not the best day for updates but we have some fixes that need your attention :)

Release 2.5.2 is out and you can check all changes and updates here:


Thank you for all Issues/PR/Slack messages and contributions in general!

Especially to :
wy65701436
chlins
stonezdj

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Happy upgrading!
...or maybe on Monday


Harbor 2.5.2 is out!

Orlin Vasilev
 

Hi all,

Well, we know Friday is not the best day for updates but we have some fixes that need your attention :)

Release 2.5.2 is out and you can check all changes and updates here:


Thank you for all Issues/PR/Slack messages and contributions in general!

Especially to :
wy65701436
chlins
stonezdj

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Happy upgrading!
...or maybe on Monday


[CNCF] Greetings from Singapore

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
 

Subject: [CNCF] Greetings from Singapore

Hi!

My name is Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming.

I am a Targeted Individual (TI) living in Singapore.

I am also an IT Consultant with a Systems Integrator (SI) in Singapore.

Just a short intro :)


Re: KubeCon NA 22 -CfP is closing soon!

Orlin Vasilev
 

Hi all good news here :) CNCF extended the deadline until 3th of June :) 


On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 10:21 AM Orlin Vasilev <orlin@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Reminder that CfP is closing on 27th of May:

Please submit your talks before that!
If you need any help with submitting or you need a stage buddy I'm here to help!

I'll be super happy to join everyone on stage or support you in your talk in any way!

The benefits of having a talk:
- free ticket for KubeCon
- recognized as Speaker - special swag/media/parties
- make yourself more recognizable
- meet one of the best in the field
etc..

I think we have a LOT to show at such a conference so please think about it and drop a line!
If nobody files a talk I'll do one! We must be there as a community! :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager


KubeCon NA 22 -CfP is closing soon!

Orlin Vasilev
 

Hi All,
Reminder that CfP is closing on 27th of May:

Please submit your talks before that!
If you need any help with submitting or you need a stage buddy I'm here to help!

I'll be super happy to join everyone on stage or support you in your talk in any way!

The benefits of having a talk:
- free ticket for KubeCon
- recognized as Speaker - special swag/media/parties
- make yourself more recognizable
- meet one of the best in the field
etc..

I think we have a LOT to show at such a conference so please think about it and drop a line!
If nobody files a talk I'll do one! We must be there as a community! :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager


Labels for new PRs

Orlin Vasilev
 

Hi All, as of today we have new labelling requirements for new PRs which you can see they were added into the PR template a few weeks ago! Keep in mind that if you do not add any of : “release-note/ignore-for-release, release-note/new-feature, release-note/update, release-note/enhancement, release-note/community, release-note/breaking-change, release-note/docs, release-note/infra, release-note/deprecation” your PR will fail on that check! We need these labels for the release note creation process! 

Thank you so much! 
Any feedback is more than welcome! 

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager


Re: Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

Marton, Gabor (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
 

Hi Orlix,

 

the issue is also opened here: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues/16718.

 

Greetings,

 

Gábor

 

 

From: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...> On Behalf Of Orlin Vasilev via lists.cncf.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 10:04
To: harbor-users@...
Subject: Re: [harbor-users] Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

 

Szia Gábor,

can you open issue here: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues 
as well :)
so others can participate and we can have a bit more readable conversation :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager


Re: Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

Orlin Vasilev
 

Szia Gábor,

can you open issue here: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues 
as well :)
so others can participate and we can have a bit more readable conversation :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager


Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

Marton, Gabor (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
 

Dear Community,

 

pushing an OCI image index similar to the below one fails:

 

cat oci-image-index.json

{

    "schemaVersion": 2,

    "mediaType": "application/vnd.oci.image.index.v1+json",

    "manifests": [ {

        "mediaType": "application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json",

        "digest": "sha256:368fdd22c21f62f93c3d9bdbb0f26f8bf13dd984f423b174dc1ec1967e1b8a58",

        "size": 583,

        "annotations": {

            "org.opencontainers.image.ref.name": "project/a/b/c/kubectl:v1.23.1"

        }

    },{

        "mediaType": "application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json",

        "digest": "sha256:368fdd22c21f62f93c3d9bdbb0f26f8bf13dd984f423b174dc1ec1967e1b8a58",

        "size": 583,

        "annotations": {

            "org.opencontainers.image.ref.name": "project/c/d/e/kubectl:v1.23.1"

        }

    }],

    "annotations": {

        "org.opencontainers.image.created": "2022-04-14T09:14:00.000000Z"

    }

}

 

curl -k -u ... -X PUT -H ... -d @oci-image-index.json https://$HARBOR_REGISTRY/v2/$PROJECT/$REPOSITORY/manifests/$TAG

{

  "errors": [

    {

      "code": "NOT_FOUND",

      "message": "artifact .../.../...@sha256:ef52a37a715e1fc601a3488e42a08a48e9c16e9e001cd5cecf70b5bf01f04501 not found"

    }

  ]

}

 

The error is caused by the two manifests referring to the the same image manifest.

 

To me, this seems like a bug. Rationale: image index (“fat manifest”) is originally meant for multi-platform support. With this in mind, it seems valid to have the same image for two different platforms, say only differing in their name.

 

The root cause of the error seems to be this database constraint (postgresql/0030_2.0.0_schema.up.sql):

 

CREATE TABLE artifact_reference

(

  id          SERIAL PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,

  parent_id   int NOT NULL,

  child_id    int NOT NULL,

  child_digest varchar(255) NOT NULL ,

  platform    varchar(255),

  urls        varchar(1024),

  annotations jsonb,

  FOREIGN KEY (parent_id) REFERENCES artifact(id),

  FOREIGN KEY (child_id) REFERENCES artifact(id),

  CONSTRAINT  unique_reference UNIQUE (parent_id, child_id)

);

 

A possible fix could be to add platform and annotations to the uniquness set:

 

CREATE TABLE artifact_reference

(

  ...

  CONSTRAINT  unique_reference UNIQUE (parent_id, child_id, platform, annotations)

);

 

What do you think about the issue?

 

KInd regards,

 

Gábor

 


🎉Harbor 2.5.0 is OUT🎉

Orlin Vasilev
 

Community,
We are SUPER happy to share the link to the newest release https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/releases/tag/v2.5.0
Full release notes inside!

2.5 includes cosign from @projectsigstore for signing your artefacts here is a link to the blog post:

Happy Harbor Release Day! 🎉

Thanks to all contributors, maintainers and everyone who helped shipping v2.5.0 !!!

Harbor team


📣 📣 Harbor Operator 1.2.0 is released!📣 📣

Orlin Vasilev
 

Hello Harbor Community!!!

We are SUPER happy to announce that Harbor Operator 1.2.0 was just released!!!


To save you some time clicking around, here are the main lines.

Changes

  • support harbor v2.4.x
  • put registry and registryctl into one pod
  • support Azure backend storage driver
  • support Google Cloud backend storage driver
  • make the deployment of Portal optional
  • export ingress class name annotation
  • support k8s 1.23
  • bump up minio-operator v4.4.9
  • bump up redis-operator v1.1.1
  • bump up postgres-operator v1.6.3
  • bump up control-runtime v0.11.0
  • bump up client-go v0.23.0
  • refine s3 redirect spec
  • enhance support for strict k8s like openshift

Changelog

6c53deb release v1.2.0
also refer v1.2.0-rc1, v1.2.0-rc2, v1.2.0-rc3


Docker images

Deployment manifests

known issues

  • #833 minio-operator upgrade fail, need to increase worker nodes or delete old statefulset
  • #829 change secret and configmap doesn't trigger owner reconcile
  • #825 Trivy scanner not removed after remove trivy component.
  • #743 apply failed after changing internal tls from false to true
  • #641 ncp ingress not accessable when internal tls enabled
Happy upgrading!
Harbor team!


Updated Event: Harbor SIG Docs Meeting #cal-invite

harbor-users@lists.cncf.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Harbor SIG Docs Meeting

When:
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(UTC+08:00) Asia/Shanghai
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93754881831

Organizer: Abigail McCarthy

View Event

Description:

Hello Everyone,
 
This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor SIG Docs meeting. 
 
In this meeting we'll be chatting about all things docs and will be available to answer your questions about contributing. You can view the meeting's agenda at https://github.com/goharbor/community/wiki/SIG-Docs-meeting-agenda
 
We hope to see you there!
 
To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93754881831
 
Thanks,

Abigail
Harbor Sig Docs Lead


"Internal server error" with vulnerability scans and replication

Camellia
 

Hi everyone! I'm a newer Harbor user and would love to hear if others have experienced this issue. I am unable to run security scans on images, and the logs only show an error that says "internal server error." This same error occurs when I attempt replication from a Docker registry. There are a few Stack Overflow issues related to this, but their fixes were adding storage space or re-configuring a scanner, both of which are fine in my case. Previously, scanning and replication were both working fine, so something must have changed in my configuration but I can't figure out what or where I should start with debugging. I am running Harbor V2.0. Thanks in advance for any help!


Event: Harbor SIG Docs Meeting #cal-invite

harbor-users@lists.cncf.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Harbor SIG Docs Meeting

When:
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93754881831

Organizer: Abigail McCarthy

View Event

Description:

Hello Everyone,
 
This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor SIG Docs meeting. 
 
In this meeting we'll be chatting about all things docs and will be available to answer your questions about contributing. You can view the meeting's agenda at https://github.com/goharbor/community/wiki/SIG-Docs-meeting-agenda
 
We hope to see you there!
 
To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93754881831
 
Thanks,

Abigail
Harbor Sig Docs Lead


Re: Application not accessible after deploying SSL certificates.

Yan Wang
 

Hi, please file github issue with logs, and please also provide harbor version, your configuration, and how did you install harbor.

 

Thanks,

Yan

 

From: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...> on behalf of sujan.n via lists.cncf.io <sujan.n=cybermak.net@...>
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 14:39
To: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...>
Subject: [harbor-users] Application not accessible after deploying SSL certificates.

Hi Team,

I am getting below error after deploying the certificates signed by Digicert CA.

Error occurred during a connection to ilharbor.xxxx.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG.

All harbor containers are running healthy

Please assist to solve this issues.

Best Regards,

Sujan


Application not accessible after deploying SSL certificates.

sujan.n@...
 

Hi Team,

I am getting below error after deploying the certificates signed by Digicert CA.

Error occurred during a connection to ilharbor.xxxx.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG.

All harbor containers are running healthy

Please assist to solve this issues.

Best Regards,

Sujan


Announcing the launch of Harbor SIG Docs!

Abigail McCarthy
 

Hello everyone,

The Harbor team is launching a new SIG Docs group focused on helping to write and maintain the Harbor docs. We are having a kick-off meeting during the Harbor community meeting next Wednesday, February 23rd at 8am Eastern Daylight Time (Timezone converter). At the meeting, we’ll go over more details about participating in the group, covering the following topics

  • The Harbor docs tools and how to set up your environment
  • How to preview the documentation locally before submitting a pull request
  • Anything else you’d like to know about helping with Harbor documentation

One of our first goals is to verify and update our Harbor interface localizations. Over the years, we’ve had several community members contribute localizations to the project but have not had a way to make sure each localization was updated each release. If you are familiar with one of the localized languages, or would like to contribute a new localization, please join us! For more information, see the localization issue or our interface localization instructions.


We hope you can join us as we start up this new initiative. As a part of this effort, you will be enriching the community for everyone by providing new and experienced users with access to the docs they need to be successful.

If you have any questions, please reach out to Orlin or I in the harbor-dev Slack.

Thanks!
Abigail & Orlin



Abigail McCarthy
Harbor SIG Docs Lead
Github: @a-mccarthy

Orlin Vasilev
Harbor Community Manager
Github: @OrlinVasilev




Updated Event: Harbor Community Meeting - China/Europe Time zone #cal-invite

harbor-users@lists.cncf.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Harbor Community Meeting - China/Europe Time zone

When:
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(UTC+08:00) Asia/Shanghai
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday, through Tuesday, 8 February 2022

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/734959521

Organizer: Jonas Rosland jrosland@...

View Event

Description:
Hello everyone,

This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor community meetings.
There will be two meetings, one for China/Europe time zone, and one for Americas time zone
Please pick the one that fits your schedule best.

To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/734959521

Meeting notes, agenda, and recordings of past meetings and other details are located at https://github.com/goharbor/community/blob/master/MEETING_SCHEDULE.md
and
https://github.com/goharbor/community/tree/master/conf-calls


Harbor Community meeting recording 26 Jan 2022

Orlin Vasilev
 

Hi Community,

in case you missed our Community meeting on 26th of January here is the recording:

image.pngRecording: Community Meeting - 26th Jan 2022

In this epizode:)
* [Yan Wang] - Cosign integration demo
* [Orlix] - Harbor 2.5 release - date and announcement - Feb 11th - feature completion, March 11th - Release date!
* [Yan Wang] - Maintainers track KubeConEU'22
* [Abbie] - Announcement of the Technical Writing Working Group - After Chinese New Year celebrations 

Happy day everyone!

Orlix
Community Manager!


Harbor - Collecting requirements for v2.6

Orlin Vasilev
 

Community,

We are close to the release of v2.5 so it's time to start collecting the requirements and features needed in v2.6.

Please enter your topics/wishes/requirements here:

Feel free to add for discussion anything your use case or organization needs and will try to address it!

Thank you for being an active member of the community and making Harbor better!

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

1 - 20 of 264