Date

Re: LDAP and no functional accouts

philippbolle@...

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for the quick response. Unfortunately my problem is not really solved because I have to create a new token for all systems after the expiration of the token.

For my use cases, it would be great if there where tokens/functional accouts that did not expire.

Regards Philipp

Re: LDAP and no functional accouts

Steven Zou

Check robot account doc here: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/docs/user_guide.md#robot-account

thanks&regards

--

Steven Zou(邹佳)

Engineer, CNA, VMware R&D | Harbor Core Maintainer

Mail: szou@...

Cell: +8618600021252

Addr: 9F Tower C, Raycom Info Tech Park, No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District, Beijing 100738 China

From: <harbor-users@...> on behalf of "philippbolle via Lists.Cncf.Io" <philippbolle=gmail.com@...>
Date: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 14:22
To: "harbor-users@..." <harbor-users@...>
Subject: [harbor-users] LDAP and no functional accouts

Hi All,

i have the same problem as described in https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues/6002 is. We have our harbor (1.8.1) connected via ldap but have no functional accouts.

For jenkins I need something like this.

According to ticket "robot account feature" is the solution.  Unfortunately I didn't find anything in the documentation. Any idea?

regards Philipp

LDAP and no functional accouts

philippbolle@...

Hi All,
i have the same problem as described in https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues/6002 is. We have our harbor (1.8.1) connected via ldap but have no functional accouts.
For jenkins I need something like this.
According to ticket "robot account feature" is the solution.  Unfortunately I didn't find anything in the documentation. Any idea?
regards Philipp

Re: Looking for Harbor Users #survey

Michael Michael <michmike@...>

this is awesome info. thanks  ltnguyen88. How many end users/developers are those 35k containers serving?
which company/organization do you work for and can we publicly name you in our github repo?

Re: Looking for Harbor Users #survey

ltnguyen88

we will upgrade our 3 Harbor 1.15 to the latest 1.19.0 this weekend.
we are currently have approximate 35,000 containers.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:52 PM Michael Michael <michmike@...> wrote:
hi everyone,

We are doing a Harbor survey to identify Harbor users. If you are using Harbor today in production or pre-production/sandbox/dev-test we would love to know about you.
This will also give us an opportunity to create a feedback loop with you.

please reply privately to me with the state of Harbor in your environment, how many containers you are hosting, how many developers/end-users are using it, etc.

thank you in advance!
Michael Michael
Harbor Core Maintainer

Looking for Harbor Users #survey

Michael Michael <michmike@...>

hi everyone,

We are doing a Harbor survey to identify Harbor users. If you are using Harbor today in production or pre-production/sandbox/dev-test we would love to know about you.
This will also give us an opportunity to create a feedback loop with you.

please reply privately to me with the state of Harbor in your environment, how many containers you are hosting, how many developers/end-users are using it, etc.

thank you in advance!
Michael Michael
Harbor Core Maintainer

Critical severity vulnerability in Harbor (CVE-2019-16919) #security

ray_wu@...

Return Receipt

Your [harbor-users] Critical severity vulnerability in Harbor
document: (CVE-2019-16919) #security

was ray_wu@...
received
by:

at: 10/17/2019 10:38:20 AM

Critical severity vulnerability in Harbor (CVE-2019-16919) #security

Michael Michael <michmike@...>

Attention Harbor users.

A new Harbor security advisory has been published at https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/security/advisories/GHSA-x2r2-w9c7-h624

Impact

The internal Harbor team has identified a Broken Access Control critical vulnerability. The vulnerability allows project administrators to use the Harbor API to create a robot account with unauthorized push and/or pull access permissions to a project they don't have access or control for. The Harbor API did not enforce the proper project permissions and project scope on the API request to create a new robot account. The vulnerability was immediately fixed by the Harbor team and all supported versions were patched.

Known Attack Vectors

A malicious actor with administrative access to a project may be able to create a robot account inside of an adjacent project via the Harbor API. Successful exploitation of this issue may lead to unauthorized access to push/pull/modify images in the target adjacent project.

Patches

If your product uses the affected releases of Harbor, update to version 1.8.4 and 1.9.1 to patch this issue immediately.

Workarounds

There is no workaround for this issue

For more information

If you have any questions or comments about this advisory, contact cncf-harbor-security@...

Critical severity vulnerability in Harbor (CVE-2019-16097) #security

michmike@...

Attention Harbor Users,

A new Harbor security advisory has been published at https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/security/advisories?state=published for CVE https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-16097.

The internal testing team of Harbor has identified a critical vulnerability. The vulnerability allows non-admin users to create Harbor admin accounts by sending Harbor a malicious request. The vulnerability was quickly fixed by the Harbor team and backported to all supported versions.

Details: core/api/user.go in Harbor 1.7.0 through 1.8.2 allows non-admin users to create admin accounts via the POST /api/users API.

How to tell if your deployment is affected:

* You use database authentication.

AND

* You have self-registration enabled.

If your deployment uses Harbor, updates to 1.7.6/1.8.3 should be taken immediately.

Affected Harbor versions are:

* 1.7.x prior to 1.7.6 (CVE is fixed in 1.7.6)

* 1.8.x prior to 1.8.3 (CVE is fixed in 1.8.3)

Please update to the latest release of Harbor that includes a fix for this CVE.

  1. 1.9 [https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/releases/tag/v1.9.0]
  2. 1.8.3 [https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/releases/tag/v1.8.3]
  3. 1.7.6 [https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/releases/tag/v1.7.6]

Michael Michael

Core Maintainer, Harbor

M2TM

Event: Harbor Community Meeting - Americas Time zone #cal-invite

harbor-users@lists.cncf.io Calendar <harbor-users@...>

Harbor Community Meeting - Americas Time zone

When:
Wednesday, 31 July 2019
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/734959521

Hello everyone,

This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor community meetings.
There will be two meetings, one for China/Europe time zone, and one for Americas time zone
Please pick the one that fits your schedule best.

To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/734959521

Meeting notes, agenda, and recordings of past meetings and other details are located at https://github.com/goharbor/community/blob/master/MEETING_SCHEDULE.md
and

Updated Event: Harbor Community Meeting - China/Europe Time zone #cal-invite

harbor-users@lists.cncf.io Calendar <harbor-users@...>

Harbor Community Meeting - China/Europe Time zone

When:
Wednesday, 31 July 2019
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(UTC+08:00) Asia/Chongqing
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/734959521

Hello everyone,

This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor community meetings.
There will be two meetings, one for China/Europe time zone, and one for Americas time zone
Please pick the one that fits your schedule best.

To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/734959521

Meeting notes, agenda, and recordings of past meetings and other details are located at https://github.com/goharbor/community/blob/master/MEETING_SCHEDULE.md
and
https://github.com/goharbor/community/tree/master/conf-calls

Re: Wrong email on https://goharbor.io/community/ pages

Jonas Rosland

Hi Petr!

Thank you for sending this in, we've changed the contact information on https://goharbor.io/community/.

Best,
Jonas Rosland

Wrong email on https://goharbor.io/community/ pages

petr.ruzicka@...

Hello guys.

I'm trying to contact the "Harbor project" by email (hello@...), but there are some problem to send emails there.

See the attached screenshot of the returned email.

Can somebody put there working email please?

Thank you

PetrR

harbor restful api

vlakshmi70@...

Hi All,

I have installed harborI created a project that is not marked as PUBLIC.
I have a couple of questions.

a) Will the APIs only list the projects that are public or will it list both public and private projects.

b) I changed the settings on my project so that it is now a public project. I pushed a test image to it.
I wanted to see the list of tags for this image/repository using the API (curl -X GET "https://192.168.10.1/api/repositories/testimg/tags" -H  "accept: application/json")
But I am getting code: 404, project not found error. I used the API explorer to see which APIs are available. And this was listed.

Could you pls let me know how to make the API list all projects (I added the login for authorization also in the API explorer but still not able to list private projects).
And also how to list the tags for the image. I am basically trying to check that after I pull the image, if there are any new updates in docker registry, then I should pull the latest version of the image.

Thanks,
V Lakshmi

Reminder: Welcome to join Harbor community meeting@April 10

Steven Zou

Just a reminder, don’t forget to attend the Harbor community meeting on Wednesday April 1o. We have some good contents to share with you!

Time:

  For APAC and EU: 21:00-21:30 (Beijing Time) / 06:00-06:30 AM (PDT)  April 10, Wednesday

  For US: 13:00-13:30 (PDT)  April 10, Wednesday

From: Steven Zou <szou@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 15:34
To: "harbor-users@..." <harbor-users@...>, "harbor-dev@..." <harbor-dev@...>
Subject: Welcome to join Harbor community meeting@April 10

Hi all,

  As planned, the Harbor community meeting will be held on April 10. Here is the agenda for the coming meeting:

Welcome to join! Your feedback are critical to the future development of Harbor community and the project!

[...]

Last call: Please spend 2 minutes to take the survey of Harbor community! Thanks!

Steven Zou

Hi all,

The survey of Harbor community will be closed at the end of this week. If you have not taken it yet, please spend 2 minutes to take the survey with the following link! Your feedback is critical to the future development of the Harbor community

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LTWGH5G

thanks&regards

--

Steven Zou(邹佳)

Engineer, CNA, VMware R&D | Harbor Core Maintainer

Mail: szou@...

Cell: +8618600021252

Addr: 9F Tower C, Raycom Info Tech Park, No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District, Beijing 100738 China

Harbor community survey 2019

Steven Zou

The short survey of Harbor community is still open, please spend 2 minutes to take the survey if you have not done it yet.  Your feedback is very important to the future development of Harbor project and community!

thanks&regards

From: Steven Zou <szou@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 13:14
To: "harbor-dev@..." <harbor-dev@...>, "harbor-dev@..." <harbor-dev@...>
Subject: Harbor community survey 2019

Hi all,

In the past 2018, the Harbor project and community have achieved many important achievements with the joint efforts of the contributors and maintainers: successfully releasing several key versions to support many important functions such as Helm Chart management and online GC;  joining CNCF as its incubator project.

In order to better promote the Harbor project and the community forward, we'd like to hear more voices for you and get your valuable feedback. Please click on the link below or scan the QR code to participate in our survey. Thank you for your support!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LTWGH5G

thanks&regards

--

Steven Zou(邹佳)

Engineer, CNA, VMware R&D | Harbor Core Maintainer

Mail: szou@...

Cell: +8618600021252

Addr: 9F Tower C, Raycom Info Tech Park, No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District, Beijing 100738 China

Meeting minutes of 02/27

Yan Wang <wan...@...>

Hi all,

I have uploaded the meeting minutes of 02/27 (China Time Zone), you can find it at https://github.com/goharbor/community/tree/master/conf-calls/2019-02-27.

Thanks,

Yan

Re: Notary howto doc, I will write if someone else will help me!

Steven Zou <sz...@...>

Thomas,

  Have you checked the following docs?

  https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/docs/use_notary.md

  https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/docs/user_guide.md#content-trust

thanks&regards

From: <harb...@...> on behalf of Thomas Munn <sy...@...>
Date: Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 06:34
To: harbor-users <harb...@...>
Subject: Notary howto doc, I will write if someone else will help me!

All:

I have gotten notary up and installed with harbor, but when I try to sign I get:

Error: trust data missing for remote repository harbour.munn.me/mytester/openwrt or remote repository not found: timestamp key trust data unavailable.  Has a notary repository been initialized?

I did try following sparse docs, but they really don't tell you how to do it soup to nuts.

I propose the following:

install and initalize notary service stuff

docker notary specifics, such as how do I initalize when getting the above error?" The docs don't really tell me which system I should be running the export ... on? ON my mac, or on the server running harbor?

I would love to write this up in a wiki so no one else would ever have to ask this quesiton.

Thomas