From: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...> on behalf of Orlin Vasilev via lists.cncf.io <orlin=orlix.org@...>
Date: Monday, September 19, 2022 at 19:25
To: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...>
Subject: Re: [harbor-users] goharbor

Hi Ignazio,

can you share a bit more for your values.yaml please you can remove the password and hostnames if you want :)

Orlix

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 1:15 PM Ignazio Cassano <ignaziocassano@...> wrote:

Ignazio Cassano via lists.cncf.io <ignaziocassano=gmail.com@...>

12:06 (9 minuti fa)

Hello All,

I am trying to setup goarbor with external redis but it does not work:

2022-09-06T10:01:34Z [ERROR] [/lib/cache/cache.go:114]: failed to ping redis://redis:xxxxx@haproxy-harbor:6379/0?idle_timeout_seconds=30, retry after 10s : WRONGPASS invalid username-password pair or user is disabled.

The password I inserted in values.yaml is correct but seems user is hardcoded.

Please, help me

Ignazio

Re: goharbor

Orlin Vasilev

Hi Ignazio,

can you share a bit more for your values.yaml please you can remove the password and hostnames if you want :)

Orlix

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 1:15 PM Ignazio Cassano <ignaziocassano@...> wrote:

Ignazio Cassano via lists.cncf.io <ignaziocassano=gmail.com@...>

12:06 (9 minuti fa)

Hello All,
I am trying to setup goarbor with external redis but it does not work:

2022-09-06T10:01:34Z [ERROR] [/lib/cache/cache.go:114]: failed to ping redis://redis:xxxxx@haproxy-harbor:6379/0?idle_timeout_seconds=30, retry after 10s : WRONGPASS invalid username-password pair or user is disabled.

The password I inserted in values.yaml is correct but seems user is hardcoded.
Please, help me
Ignazio

goharbor

Ignazio Cassano

Ignazio Cassano via lists.cncf.io <ignaziocassano=gmail.com@...>

12:06 (9 minuti fa)

Hello All,
I am trying to setup goarbor with external redis but it does not work:

2022-09-06T10:01:34Z [ERROR] [/lib/cache/cache.go:114]: failed to ping redis://redis:xxxxx@haproxy-harbor:6379/0?idle_timeout_seconds=30, retry after 10s : WRONGPASS invalid username-password pair or user is disabled.

The password I inserted in values.yaml is correct but seems user is hardcoded.
Please, help me
Ignazio

goharbor redis user harcoded

Ignazio Cassano

Hello All,
I am trying to setup goarbor with external redis but it does not work:

2022-09-06T10:01:34Z [ERROR] [/lib/cache/cache.go:114]: failed to ping redis://redis:xxxxx@haproxy-harbor:6379/0?idle_timeout_seconds=30, retry after 10s : WRONGPASS invalid username-password pair or user is disabled.

The password I inserted in values.yaml is correct but seems user is hardcoded.
Please, help me
Ignazio

Re: Harbor 2.5.2 is out!

Orlin Vasilev

 Sent too soon: (fat fingers)

and:
zyyw
YangJiao0817

Thank you folks!

Orlix

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 11:53 AM Orlin Vasilev via lists.cncf.io <orlin=orlix.org@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Well, we know Friday is not the best day for updates but we have some fixes that need your attention :)

Release 2.5.2 is out and you can check all changes and updates here:

Thank you for all Issues/PR/Slack messages and contributions in general!

Especially to :
wy65701436
chlins
stonezdj

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Happy upgrading!
...or maybe on Monday

Harbor 2.5.2 is out!

Orlin Vasilev

Hi all,

Well, we know Friday is not the best day for updates but we have some fixes that need your attention :)

Release 2.5.2 is out and you can check all changes and updates here:

Thank you for all Issues/PR/Slack messages and contributions in general!

Especially to :
wy65701436
chlins
stonezdj

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Happy upgrading!
...or maybe on Monday

[CNCF] Greetings from Singapore

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Subject: [CNCF] Greetings from Singapore

Hi!

My name is Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming.

I am a Targeted Individual (TI) living in Singapore.

I am also an IT Consultant with a Systems Integrator (SI) in Singapore.

Just a short intro :)

Re: KubeCon NA 22 -CfP is closing soon!

Orlin Vasilev

Hi all good news here :) CNCF extended the deadline until 3th of June :)

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 10:21 AM Orlin Vasilev <orlin@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Reminder that CfP is closing on 27th of May:

Please submit your talks before that!
If you need any help with submitting or you need a stage buddy I'm here to help!

I'll be super happy to join everyone on stage or support you in your talk in any way!

The benefits of having a talk:
- free ticket for KubeCon
- recognized as Speaker - special swag/media/parties
- make yourself more recognizable
- meet one of the best in the field
etc..

I think we have a LOT to show at such a conference so please think about it and drop a line!
If nobody files a talk I'll do one! We must be there as a community! :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

KubeCon NA 22 -CfP is closing soon!

Orlin Vasilev

Hi All,
Reminder that CfP is closing on 27th of May:

Please submit your talks before that!
If you need any help with submitting or you need a stage buddy I'm here to help!

I'll be super happy to join everyone on stage or support you in your talk in any way!

The benefits of having a talk:
- free ticket for KubeCon
- recognized as Speaker - special swag/media/parties
- make yourself more recognizable
- meet one of the best in the field
etc..

I think we have a LOT to show at such a conference so please think about it and drop a line!
If nobody files a talk I'll do one! We must be there as a community! :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Labels for new PRs

Orlin Vasilev

Hi All, as of today we have new labelling requirements for new PRs which you can see they were added into the PR template a few weeks ago! Keep in mind that if you do not add any of : “release-note/ignore-for-release, release-note/new-feature, release-note/update, release-note/enhancement, release-note/community, release-note/breaking-change, release-note/docs, release-note/infra, release-note/deprecation” your PR will fail on that check! We need these labels for the release note creation process!

Thank you so much!
Any feedback is more than welcome!

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Re: Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

Marton, Gabor (Nokia - HU/Budapest)

Hi Orlix,

the issue is also opened here: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues/16718.

Greetings,

Gábor

so others can participate and we can have a bit more readable conversation :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Re: Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

Orlin Vasilev

Szia Gábor,

can you open issue here: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/issues
as well :)
so others can participate and we can have a bit more readable conversation :)

Orlix
Harbor Community Manager

Failing to push OCI image index with two identical manifests

Marton, Gabor (Nokia - HU/Budapest)

Dear Community,

pushing an OCI image index similar to the below one fails:

cat oci-image-index.json

{

    "schemaVersion": 2,

    "mediaType": "application/vnd.oci.image.index.v1+json",

    "manifests": [ {

        "mediaType": "application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json",

        "digest": "sha256:368fdd22c21f62f93c3d9bdbb0f26f8bf13dd984f423b174dc1ec1967e1b8a58",

        "size": 583,

        "annotations": {

            "org.opencontainers.image.ref.name": "project/a/b/c/kubectl:v1.23.1"

        }

    },{

        "mediaType": "application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json",

        "digest": "sha256:368fdd22c21f62f93c3d9bdbb0f26f8bf13dd984f423b174dc1ec1967e1b8a58",

        "size": 583,

        "annotations": {

            "org.opencontainers.image.ref.name": "project/c/d/e/kubectl:v1.23.1"

        }

    }],

    "annotations": {

        "org.opencontainers.image.created": "2022-04-14T09:14:00.000000Z"

    }

}

curl -k -u ... -X PUT -H ... -d @oci-image-index.json https://$HARBOR_REGISTRY/v2/$PROJECT/$REPOSITORY/manifests/$TAG

{

  "errors": [

    {

      "code": "NOT_FOUND",

      "message": "artifact .../.../...@sha256:ef52a37a715e1fc601a3488e42a08a48e9c16e9e001cd5cecf70b5bf01f04501 not found"

    }

  ]

}

The error is caused by the two manifests referring to the the same image manifest.

To me, this seems like a bug. Rationale: image index (“fat manifest”) is originally meant for multi-platform support. With this in mind, it seems valid to have the same image for two different platforms, say only differing in their name.

The root cause of the error seems to be this database constraint (postgresql/0030_2.0.0_schema.up.sql):

CREATE TABLE artifact_reference

(

  id          SERIAL PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,

  parent_id   int NOT NULL,

  child_id    int NOT NULL,

  child_digest varchar(255) NOT NULL ,

  platform    varchar(255),

  urls        varchar(1024),

  annotations jsonb,

  FOREIGN KEY (parent_id) REFERENCES artifact(id),

  FOREIGN KEY (child_id) REFERENCES artifact(id),

  CONSTRAINT  unique_reference UNIQUE (parent_id, child_id)

);

A possible fix could be to add platform and annotations to the uniquness set:

CREATE TABLE artifact_reference

(

  CONSTRAINT  unique_reference UNIQUE (parent_id, child_id, platform, annotations)

);

What do you think about the issue?

KInd regards,

Gábor

🎉Harbor 2.5.0 is OUT🎉

Orlin Vasilev

Community,
We are SUPER happy to share the link to the newest release https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/releases/tag/v2.5.0
Full release notes inside!

2.5 includes cosign from @projectsigstore for signing your artefacts here is a link to the blog post:

Happy Harbor Release Day! 🎉

Thanks to all contributors, maintainers and everyone who helped shipping v2.5.0 !!!

Harbor team

📣 📣 Harbor Operator 1.2.0 is released!📣 📣

Orlin Vasilev

Hello Harbor Community!!!

We are SUPER happy to announce that Harbor Operator 1.2.0 was just released!!!

To save you some time clicking around, here are the main lines.

Changes

  • support harbor v2.4.x
  • put registry and registryctl into one pod
  • support Azure backend storage driver
  • support Google Cloud backend storage driver
  • make the deployment of Portal optional
  • export ingress class name annotation
  • support k8s 1.23
  • bump up minio-operator v4.4.9
  • bump up redis-operator v1.1.1
  • bump up postgres-operator v1.6.3
  • bump up control-runtime v0.11.0
  • bump up client-go v0.23.0
  • refine s3 redirect spec
  • enhance support for strict k8s like openshift

Changelog

6c53deb release v1.2.0
also refer v1.2.0-rc1, v1.2.0-rc2, v1.2.0-rc3

Docker images

Deployment manifests

known issues

  • #833 minio-operator upgrade fail, need to increase worker nodes or delete old statefulset
  • #829 change secret and configmap doesn't trigger owner reconcile
  • #825 Trivy scanner not removed after remove trivy component.
  • #743 apply failed after changing internal tls from false to true
  • #641 ncp ingress not accessable when internal tls enabled
Happy upgrading!
Harbor team!

Updated Event: Harbor SIG Docs Meeting #cal-invite

harbor-users@lists.cncf.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Harbor SIG Docs Meeting

When:
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
9:00pm to 10:00pm
(UTC+08:00) Asia/Shanghai
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93754881831

Organizer: Abigail McCarthy

View Event

Hello Everyone,

This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor SIG Docs meeting.

In this meeting we'll be chatting about all things docs and will be available to answer your questions about contributing. You can view the meeting's agenda at https://github.com/goharbor/community/wiki/SIG-Docs-meeting-agenda

We hope to see you there!

To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93754881831

Thanks,

Abigail
Harbor Sig Docs Lead

"Internal server error" with vulnerability scans and replication

Camellia

Hi everyone! I'm a newer Harbor user and would love to hear if others have experienced this issue. I am unable to run security scans on images, and the logs only show an error that says "internal server error." This same error occurs when I attempt replication from a Docker registry. There are a few Stack Overflow issues related to this, but their fixes were adding storage space or re-configuring a scanner, both of which are fine in my case. Previously, scanning and replication were both working fine, so something must have changed in my configuration but I can't figure out what or where I should start with debugging. I am running Harbor V2.0. Thanks in advance for any help!

Wednesday, March 16, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/93754881831

Organizer: Abigail McCarthy

View Event

Hello Everyone,

This is a recurring calendar invite for the bi-weekly Harbor SIG Docs meeting.

In this meeting we'll be chatting about all things docs and will be available to answer your questions about contributing. You can view the meeting's agenda at https://github.com/goharbor/community/wiki/SIG-Docs-meeting-agenda

We hope to see you there!

To attend, use the following Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93754881831

Thanks,

Abigail
Harbor Sig Docs Lead

Re: Application not accessible after deploying SSL certificates.

Yan Wang

Hi, please file github issue with logs, and please also provide harbor version, your configuration, and how did you install harbor.

Thanks,

Yan

From: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...> on behalf of sujan.n via lists.cncf.io <sujan.n=cybermak.net@...>
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 14:39
To: harbor-users@... <harbor-users@...>
Subject: [harbor-users] Application not accessible after deploying SSL certificates.

Hi Team,

I am getting below error after deploying the certificates signed by Digicert CA.

Error occurred during a connection to ilharbor.xxxx.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG.

All harbor containers are running healthy

Please assist to solve this issues.

Best Regards,

Sujan

Application not accessible after deploying SSL certificates.

sujan.n@...

Hi Team,

I am getting below error after deploying the certificates signed by Digicert CA.

Error occurred during a connection to ilharbor.xxxx.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG.

All harbor containers are running healthy

Please assist to solve this issues.

Best Regards,

Sujan

21 - 40 of 288