Date

Reminder: Welcome to join Harbor community meeting@April 10

Steven Zou

Just a reminder, don’t forget to attend the Harbor community meeting on Wednesday April 1o. We have some good contents to share with you!

Time:

  For APAC and EU: 21:00-21:30 (Beijing Time) / 06:00-06:30 AM (PDT)  April 10, Wednesday

  For US: 13:00-13:30 (PDT)  April 10, Wednesday

Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/734959521

thanks&regards

--

Steven Zou(邹佳)

Engineer, CNA, VMware R&D | Harbor Core Maintainer

Mail: szou@...

Cell: +8618600021252

Addr: 9F Tower C, Raycom Info Tech Park, No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District, Beijing 100738 China

From: Steven Zou <szou@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 15:34
To: "harbor-users@..." <harbor-users@...>, "harbor-dev@..." <harbor-dev@...>
Subject: Welcome to join Harbor community meeting@April 10

Hi all,

  As planned, the Harbor community meeting will be held on April 10. Here is the agenda for the coming meeting:

Welcome to join! Your feedback are critical to the future development of Harbor community and the project!

[...]

Last call: Please spend 2 minutes to take the survey of Harbor community! Thanks!

Steven Zou

Hi all,

The survey of Harbor community will be closed at the end of this week. If you have not taken it yet, please spend 2 minutes to take the survey with the following link! Your feedback is critical to the future development of the Harbor community

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LTWGH5G

thanks&regards

--

Steven Zou(邹佳)

Engineer, CNA, VMware R&D | Harbor Core Maintainer

Mail: szou@...

Cell: +8618600021252

Addr: 9F Tower C, Raycom Info Tech Park, No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District, Beijing 100738 China

Harbor community survey 2019

Steven Zou

The short survey of Harbor community is still open, please spend 2 minutes to take the survey if you have not done it yet.  Your feedback is very important to the future development of Harbor project and community!

thanks&regards

From: Steven Zou <szou@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 13:14
To: "harbor-dev@..." <harbor-dev@...>, "harbor-dev@..." <harbor-dev@...>
Subject: Harbor community survey 2019

Hi all,

In the past 2018, the Harbor project and community have achieved many important achievements with the joint efforts of the contributors and maintainers: successfully releasing several key versions to support many important functions such as Helm Chart management and online GC;  joining CNCF as its incubator project.

In order to better promote the Harbor project and the community forward, we'd like to hear more voices for you and get your valuable feedback. Please click on the link below or scan the QR code to participate in our survey. Thank you for your support!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LTWGH5G

thanks&regards

--

Steven Zou(邹佳)

Engineer, CNA, VMware R&D | Harbor Core Maintainer

Mail: szou@...

Cell: +8618600021252

Addr: 9F Tower C, Raycom Info Tech Park, No. 2 Kexueyuan South Road Haidian District, Beijing 100738 China

Meeting minutes of 02/27

Yan Wang <wan...@...>

Hi all,

I have uploaded the meeting minutes of 02/27 (China Time Zone), you can find it at https://github.com/goharbor/community/tree/master/conf-calls/2019-02-27.

Thanks,

Yan

Re: Notary howto doc, I will write if someone else will help me!

Steven Zou <sz...@...>

Thomas,

  Have you checked the following docs?

  https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/docs/use_notary.md

  https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/docs/user_guide.md#content-trust

thanks&regards

From: <harb...@...> on behalf of Thomas Munn <sy...@...>
Date: Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 06:34
To: harbor-users <harb...@...>
Subject: Notary howto doc, I will write if someone else will help me!

All:

I have gotten notary up and installed with harbor, but when I try to sign I get:

Error: trust data missing for remote repository harbour.munn.me/mytester/openwrt or remote repository not found: timestamp key trust data unavailable.  Has a notary repository been initialized?

I did try following sparse docs, but they really don't tell you how to do it soup to nuts.

I propose the following:

install and initalize notary service stuff

docker notary specifics, such as how do I initalize when getting the above error?" The docs don't really tell me which system I should be running the export ... on? ON my mac, or on the server running harbor?

I would love to write this up in a wiki so no one else would ever have to ask this quesiton.

Thomas

Notary howto doc, I will write if someone else will help me!

Thomas Munn <symg...@...>

All:

I have gotten notary up and installed with harbor, but when I try to sign I get:

Error: trust data missing for remote repository harbour.munn.me/mytester/openwrt or remote repository not found: timestamp key trust data unavailable.  Has a notary repository been initialized?

I did try following sparse docs, but they really don't tell you how to do it soup to nuts.

I propose the following:

install and initalize notary service stuff
docker notary specifics, such as how do I initalize when getting the above error?" The docs don't really tell me which system I should be running the export ... on? ON my mac, or on the server running harbor?

I would love to write this up in a wiki so no one else would ever have to ask this quesiton.

Thomas

Harbor Community meetings

Michael Michael <mich...@...>

hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself first. My name is Michael Michael (https://github.com/michmike. Most people call me M2) and I am now the Product Manager Lead for Harbor from VMware. I will be working closely with all of you in our efforts around Harbor. I am not new in OSS software as i am also the chair for SIG-Windows in the Kubernetes community

I just invited everyone to two sets of bi-weekly meetings on Harbor. One is tailored for China/Europe time zones and the other for USA time zones. You only need to attend one set of meetings.

You can also access the calendar for Harbor here:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=NjdjNWRlMXNxdDRkNXQzNzlvaTByMXJ1YzRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

looking forward to working with everyone.

Michael Michael
Director of Product Management, VMware
SIG-Windows chair, Kubernetes Community

Re: How to join slack channel?

Steven Zou <sz...@...>

Thanks Eric for the clear guideline!

thanks&regards

From: <harb...@...> on behalf of Eric VS <vs...@...>
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 13:33
To: Thomas Munn <sy...@...>
Cc: "har...@..." <harb...@...>
Subject: Re: How to join slack channel?

Hi,

I joined a couple of days ago without any issues.

it's straightforward...

1. Go to https://slack.cncf.io
2. Enter your email address and click on 'get my invite'

3. Follow the instructions in the mail

4. Select the channel from the Slack workspace.

Kind regards,

Eric Van Steenbergen

E-mail: vs....@...

Skype: ericvs2014

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 1:30 PM Thomas Munn <symg...@...> wrote:

It would be very nice if someone would indicate how to join slack channel. I tried every conceivable way, looks like its a closed channel. Any faq on or RTFM on this?

Re: How to join slack channel?

Eric VS <vs....@...>

Hi,

I joined a couple of days ago without any issues.
it's straightforward...

1. Go to https://slack.cncf.io
2. Enter your email address and click on 'get my invite'
3. Follow the instructions in the mail
4. Select the channel from the Slack workspace.

Kind regards,

Eric Van Steenbergen

E-mail: vs....@...
Skype: ericvs2014

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 1:30 PM Thomas Munn <symg...@...> wrote:
It would be very nice if someone would indicate how to join slack channel. I tried every conceivable way, looks like its a closed channel. Any faq on or RTFM on this?

Re: Docker login fails error 503

Thomas Munn <symg...@...>

I did some research. Ths system truly needs non-natty or patty solutions. I just gave up and burned an ipv4 address. Either natting or ipv6 only doesn't seem to work.

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 5:11:23 PM UTC-5, Thomas Munn wrote:
I have setup harbor with a secure installation (using custom certs), and can get into the UX, but cannot login via the docker command. I get the following when I type in THUS:

How to join slack channel?

Thomas Munn <symg...@...>

It would be very nice if someone would indicate how to join slack channel. I tried every conceivable way, looks like its a closed channel. Any faq on or RTFM on this?

Docker login fails error 503

Thomas Munn <symg...@...>

I have setup harbor with a secure installation (using custom certs), and can get into the UX, but cannot login via the docker command. I get the following when I type in THUS:

docker login https://harbour:8445
Username: foobar
Password:
Error response from daemon: Get https://harbour:8445/v2/: Get https://harbour/service/token?account=foobar&client_id=docker&offline_token=true&service=harbor-registry: Service Unavailable

Re: Unable to login as any user on UI with fresh installation

Wenkai Yin <yi...@...>

I saw you have created an issue https://github.com/goharbor/harbor-helm/issues/161, let’s track it on the github

From: <harb...@...> on behalf of Eric Van Steenbergen <vs...@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 5:06 PM
To: harbor-users <harb...@...>
Subject: Unable to login as any user on UI with fresh installation

Hi,

I installed Harbor (1.7.0) today on Kubernetes with external DB and Redis. Everything seems to run smooth but I can't login to the web interface. Docker login accepts the admin credentials but on the UI it just hangs.

The only thing I see in the log is this:

2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:233]: can not get user information from session

2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:290]: user information is nil

2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:304]: using local database project manager

2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:306]: creating local database security context...

Have no clue on where to look to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eric V.

Unable to login as any user on UI with fresh installation

Eric Van Steenbergen <vs....@...>

Hi,

I installed Harbor (1.7.0) today on Kubernetes with external DB and Redis. Everything seems to run smooth but I can't login to the web interface. Docker login accepts the admin credentials but on the UI it just hangs.
The only thing I see in the log is this:

2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:233]: can not get user information from session
2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:290]: user information is nil
2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:304]: using local database project manager
2019-02-19T05:22:28Z [DEBUG] [security.go:306]: creating local database security context...

Have no clue on where to look to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eric V.

Giving talks at the conf, in Ukraine

Ivan Serdyuk <local.tou...@...>

Greetings, community. I wonder if anyone is interested (especially from VMWare) to give talks/run workshops at one of the following conferences:

Testing Stage, 29-30 March, 2019г. – conference about Testing And Quality, TestingStage.com – call for paper is opened

DevOps Stage, 18-19, Octorber, 2019г. – conference about Business DevOps  and software architecture – DevOpsstage.com

CFP is currently opened for those confs:

Testing Stagehttps://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=1FioiOHj0UO35qinNvFVB6HBnJTKSlZFlPCcel1HkPlURDFBVldYV0pOS0M0SjhQTjhVQktESjc1VC4u

DevOps Stagehttps://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=1FioiOHj0UO35qinNvFVB6HBnJTKSlZFlPCcel1HkPlURThWOUJIMTZNMVEwVUdTM0JVTjBaUk5aWS4u

I have send an invite to your next community meeting (on 20.02.2019, I suppose) for allowing Viktor Sokolovskiy to explain/invite speakers any potential listeners. Ukrainian employees of VMWare are already informed, about the idea.

Ivan

Re: harbor mailing list changes

Michael Michael <mich...@...>

why are we making this change? i have not used the cncf listserv, so is this something that's easier to use?

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 4:11:50 PM UTC-6, James Zabala wrote:
All – we will be migrating our Harbor mailing lists from Google Groups
to the CNCF listserv. I'll send a final update later this week once
we've completed the migration.

The new mailing list addresses, below:

harb...@...
harb...@...
harbo...@...

Feel free to unicast me with questions or concerns.

Best,
James

harbor mailing list changes

James Zabala <james....@...>

harbor...@...
harbo...@...
harbor-...@...

Feel free to unicast me with questions or concerns.

Best,
James

Re: projects are disappeared after upgrade from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1

Steven Zou <sz...@...>

The issue of overview project broken when chartmuseum not installed is a known issue and fixed already.

thanks&regards

From: Jan-Philipp Bolle <phil...@...>
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 19:47
To: Steven Zou <...@...>
Cc: harbor-users <harb...@...>
Subject: Re: projects are disappeared after upgrade from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

It was my fault.

The chartmuseum was not startet.

From the log:

Jan 26 11:47:30 172.23.0.1 core[20517]: 2019-01-26T10:47:30Z [ERROR] [project.go:426]: Failed to get total of charts under project k8s: Get http://chartmuseum:9999/k8s/index.yaml: dial tcp: lookup chartmuseum on 127.0.0.11:53: no such host

The overview of the projects is broken if the chartmuseum is configured and not running.

Best regards

Philipp

Am Sa., 26. Jan. 2019 um 02:08 Uhr schrieb Steven Zou <sz...@...>:

Philipp,

  The error you mentioned is from the lock mechanism of jobservice which has no influence to the images listing. You should check if there is any errors in the ui.log.

thanks&regards

From: <harbor...@...> on behalf of Jan-Philipp Bolle <philip...@...>
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 00:26
To: harbor-users <harbor...@...>

Hello everyone,

i upgraded from harbor 1.6.0 to 1.6.1. After the Upgrade i found the following error in the log files.

Jan 25 17:06:44 172.23.0.1 jobservice[20517]: 2019-01-25T16:06:44Z [ERROR] [enqueuer.go:81]: periodic_enqueuer.loop.enqueue:key {harbor_job_service_namespace}:period:lock is already set with value 63125421aeb3e2afeae425e4

The problem is that all images an projects are disappeared.

best regards philipp

Re: projects are disappeared after upgrade from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1

Jan-Philipp Bolle <philip...@...>

Thanks a lot for the fast response.
It was my fault.
The chartmuseum was not startet.