Re: How to import an LDAP/AD group to Harbor and assign project roles to it?

Chethan S <chethanu...@...>

I never thought that would make a difference. Checked on a private window and it's showing up as expected. Thank you very much.

On Friday, 14 September 2018 12:11:26 UTC+5:30, daojunz wrote:

Can you please clear the browser cache and try again?

From: <harb...@...> on behalf of Chethan S <cheth...@...>
Date: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 2:06 PM
To: harbor-users <harb...@...>
Subject: Re: How to import an LDAP/AD group to Harbor and assign project roles to it?

I am on 1.6.0 but I don't see the groups section in my LDAP configuration UI. These are the only options I see -

018-09-14 11_35_04-Harbor.png

What should I do to see them? The relevant sections are enabled in harbor.cfg.

On Friday, 14 September 2018 11:06:53 UTC+5:30, daojunz wrote:

You can refer this online guide :

https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/docs/manage_role_by_ldap_group.md

From: <harb...@...> on behalf of Chethan S <cheth...@...>
Date: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 12:37 PM
To: harbor-users <harb...@...>

Under the new features heading of v 1.6.0, I noticed this statement - Support LDAP group: User can import an LDAP/AD group to Harbor and assign project roles to it. However, I am not able to figure out how to do that. Need some inputs here.

Also, the way we are doing things now is adding individual users -

  1. Users are allowed to sign-up using domain credentials and we assign them to right projects OR
  2. We assign users to projects using domain aliases and let them know - wish email alerts could be sent in these cases

As the number of projects is expected to grow, we are hoping to use efficient methods. I'm interested to know how you all handle LDAP integrated accounts.

Join harbor-users@lists.cncf.io to automatically receive all group messages.