Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

Diane Mueller

+1 I see this as a key training/proving ground for future TOC & BG members

Count me in!

Kind Regards,

Diane Mueller
Director, Community Development
Red Hat OpenShift
@openshiftcommons

We have more in Common than you know, learn more at http://commons.openshift.org

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Steven Tan via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Alexis, Chris

+1 Please count me in as well.

Steven Tan

OpenSDS

On Aug 22, 2017, at 3:24 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

thanks all!

Chris is coordinating - so please keep emails coming to this list.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Bernstein, Joshua via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Alexis,

You can count myself and Clint in to help out here. I think this is a great idea to formalize a way non-TOC members could support the TOC. The model you lay out seems have worked well historically as we’ve supported Ben on the storage TOC.

-Josh

On Aug 22, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Lee Calcote via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 and I’m in.

Minor note - I see the inherent difference between Cloud Native Ambassadors and TOC Contributors. The nuance may not be obvious to all.

- Lee

On Aug 22, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Quinton Hoole via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

SGTM, +1 etc.

As I’ve mentioned, I am willing, and hopefully capable of contributing to the technical due diligence exercises.

Technical Vice President
<image001[12].png>
America Research Center
2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Tel: 408-330-4721   Cell: 408-320-8917   Office # E2-9
Email: quinton.hoole@...m   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@lists.cncf.io> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 14:39
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Arun Gupta

Hi Alexis,

Yep, this is very much needed. Count me in!

Arun (from AWS)

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Cathy Zhang <Cathy.H.Zhang@...>

Hi Alexis and Chris,

+1 on the proposal. Count me in. I would be happy to help. I am currently helping writing the Serverless Workgroup white paper.

Thanks,

Cathy

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

alexis

Pengfei Ni

Hi Alexis,

+1. Count me in. Would love to be involved in.

Best regards.

---
Pengfei Ni @Hyper

Github: @feiskyer
Email:  feiskye@...

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Irena

Please count me in too. Would love to be involved.

BR,
Irena
Senior Architect (Huawei)

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:39 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Timothy Chen

+1 and love to be involved, especially around projects involving scheduling and data related.

Tim

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@lists.cncf.io> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 14:39
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Meenakshi Kaushik

+1

Count me in.

Meenakshi

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM
To: "Bernstein, Joshua" <Joshua.Bernstein@...>
Cc: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

Email: quinton.hoole@...   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 14:39
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

+1, please add me to the list.

Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc ---08/22/2017 02:39:57 PM---To all TOC community, People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things

From: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 08/22/2017 02:39 PM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Gianluca Arbezzano <gianarb92@...>

Great opportunity

On 22 Aug 2017 9:39 p.m., "Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Jong Choi

+1. Please count me in.

Interested and willing to be involved in and contribute to the technical activities around application focus projects.

Thanks,

Jong

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 14:39
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Bassam Tabbara <bassam@...>

+1 happy to help with DD on projects.

On Aug 22, 2017, at 2:39 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

+1 I would be very interested in several of the tasks.

Erin

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Xu Wang

+1 & count me in.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 3:23 AM, Erin Boyd via cncf-toc cncf-toc@... wrote:
+1 I would be very interested in several of the tasks.

Erin

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Xu Wang
CTO & Cofounder, Hyper
github/twitter/wechat: @gnawux

Hyper_: Make VM run like container