TOC vote on Kubernetes

alexis richardson

To the TOC members,

Please indicate your vote on the acceptance of Kubernetes as a CNCF project by saying YES or NO.  Today we are seeking unanimous support, from all TOC voting members, for the following statement.

“The TOC has accepted Kubernetes into the CNCF. Google may now transfer copyright and trademarks(*) associated with Kubernetes to the Linux Foundation. Kubernetes is now an Incubated Project(**) at the CNCF. The TOC is working with the Kubernetes community to finalise the project governance model.”

(*) Sarah Novotny will provide a complete list of assets.  Our understanding is that a "yes" vote will lead to Google initiating the IP transfers to LF for the CNCF.
(**) The TOC will define "Incubated Project" asap

NOTE: This is a special process that we have introduced for Kubernetes as the first CNCF project. For later projects, we (the TOC) intend to use a more formal process.

If you have questions or comments, speak up!

alexis

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

YES

Kenneth Owens
CTO
Cisco Intercloud Services
kenowens@...
Phone: +1 408 424 0872
Mobile: +1 314 591 5708

Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

[...]

Yes

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

Yes.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

All,

Please be patient on this.  Turns out that a few people had questions that I'm chasing down.  Update to come.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...> wrote:
[...]

Gou Rao <grao@...>

Yes

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

Just to be clear, the "TOC members" refers to members of the TOC, not members of the mailing list cncf-toc....!

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Gou Rao <grao@...> wrote:
[...]

Benjamin Hindman

Yes

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere