[VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Liz Rice

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019, 20:41 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:43 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019, 20:41 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Matt Klein

+1 binding

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 12:41 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Shannon Williams

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 15:41 Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

He/Him/His

Joe Beda <jbeda@...>

+1 assuming that this takes effect as the size of the TOC increases (as in we give folks fair warning that this will happen as we seat the new members)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Jon Mittelhauser

+1 nb (with the same timing caveat as Joe raised)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io" <jbeda=vmware.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 2:21 PM
To: Liz Rice <liz@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: <cncf-toc@...>

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Kevin.Ryan@...

Brewer, Jeff

+1 binding

This email is from an external sender.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Richard Hartmann

+1 NB with Joe's considerations

Sent by mobile; please excuse my brevity.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Thomas Mclennan <Thomas.mc@...>

+1 non-binding

Gerred Dillon

-1 non-binding

i'm not thrilled with how the sandbox has already changed without a controlled burn rate, i disagree with this motion without other changes to the sandbox process happening. kudo has already been given -1s on sandbox inclusion based on incubating/graduating requirements in private as negative votes for inclusion -- despite communication that these weren't requirements. sandbox is either inclusive or it's not, and i'd rather inclusion at this stage, given there are no marketing expectations or official endorsement of these projects by the CNCF.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 4:24 PM Thomas Mclennan <Thomas.mc@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Kiran Mova

+1 NB - After the clarifications received via the comments on github.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

(explicitly adding my vote, after calling the vote!)

--
Kiran Mova  | Co-Founder, Chief Architect MayaData  | kiran.mova@...

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM