Date

Re: OPA to graduation

Gadi Naor

-1 NB

The community around this project is great and there is a consensus on problem space.

Having the benefit of solving and working with customers on Kubernetes security compliance and authorization challenges for quite some time, and integrating OPA as part of our engine - I've witnessed unanimous feedback that OPA REGO has a steep learning curve, and high touch ongoing costs.

Nowadays with building blocks such as WASM, and motion around IaC that use real programming languages (Pulumi & CDK) I believe the ecosystem should strive to make the life of engineering teams easier, possibly in their comfort zone programming language (hey, Go, JS ... can work fine on documents) rather than introducing a new, none intuitive, high touch programming language.

Also, with regards to OPA applications such as Gatekeeper , Kafka Authorizer, conftest and others - Are those OPA applications proposed for graduation?
Gatekeeper constraints and templates is gr8 - and I'd vote to graduate Gatekeeper with at least none REGO working PoC.

Gadi

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 7:49 PM <nuhamind2@...> wrote:
I believe similar point about the core-project/heart-of-the-system maintainership is raised on the past graduation proposal

--
Gadi NaorCTO

US.   2443 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA, 94115
IL.    5 Miconis St, Tel Aviv, 6777214
M. +972-52-6618811
Web.      www.alcide.io
GitHub. github.com/alcideio

Follow us on LinkedInFollow us on Twitter

Securing Kubernetes & Service Mesh.
Anywhere.
Bridging Security & DevOps.

Cloud Native Virtual Summit is October 6-8.    Register HERE

CNCF Awards now open for nominations

Amye Scavarda Perrin

We're starting the nomination process for our ambassador, committer and community awards.

  • CNCF Top Ambassador: A champion for the cloud native space, this individual helps spread awareness of the CNCF (and its incubated projects). The CNCF Ambassador leverages multiple platforms, both online as well as speaking engagements, driving interest and excitement around the project.

  • CNCF Top Committer: This will recognize excellence in technical contributions to CNCF and its projects. The CNCF Top Committer has made key commits to projects and, more importantly, contributes in a way that benefits the project neutrally as a whole.

  • CNCF Chop Wood Carry Water: This is given to a community member who helps behind the scenes, dedicating countless hours of their time to open source projects + completing often thankless tasks for the ecosystem’s benefit. The winner of this award will be chosen by the TOC and CNCF Staff.

Nominations will open today, and close on October 16nd. We'll be announcing the awards at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Virtual North America. Voting (open from October 19 through October 26th) will be performed using the CIVS tool, using emails from the CNCF database for the following groups:

CNCF Ambassadors are eligible to vote for the Top Ambassador
CNCF Maintainers are eligible to vote for the Top Committer

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Matt Klein

+1

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 4:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Saad Ali

+1 binding

Thank you for volunteering!

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Katie Gamanji

+1 binding

Exciting times!

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, 20:44 , <andresvega1@...> wrote:
+1

Emily has gone above and beyond to avail herself as a technical leader to the community. Among many other things, she was instrumental in the review of the SPIFFE/SPIRE security assessment.

-Andres

Re: Sandbox Projects included from September 8 TOC meeting

John Belamaric

We discussed this in the SIG Architecture meeting today. While generally workload controllers are within scope of the Kubernetes project, it is up to SIG Apps to decide if they are willing to take these on as SIG-sponsored projects. As Matt suggests, it's fine for these to exist as external workload controllers.

With respect to upstreaming, the preference of SIG Arch would be to see individual features move into existing workload controllers as they mature, rather than creation of whole new controllers. The goal here would be to avoid a proliferation of controllers that makes choices very difficult for consumers. Of course, if there is some fundamental difference between the new controller and all existing ones, then a new one may be warranted. But creation of a new one should be done with an abundance of caution. Again this would ultimately be the decision of SIG Apps.

Thanks,
John

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:31 PM <szihaI@...> wrote:
The OpenKruise project agree with the Sig App's assessment completely. We, too, believe while up-streaming some of the features to the core workloads is possible, the majority of the controllers and features is best to remain as a separate project.

Best regards,
Andy Shi

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Andrés Vega

+1

Emily has gone above and beyond to avail herself as a technical leader to the community. Among many other things, she was instrumental in the review of the SPIFFE/SPIRE security assessment.

-Andres

Keylime accepted into Sandbox

Amye Scavarda Perrin

At today's TOC meeting, Keylime passed with a majority of the TOC and is included into Sandbox.
Welcome Keylime!

Our next Sandbox review session is November 10th, we'll be reviewing all projects that applied after September 8th.

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Ashutosh Narkar

+1 nb, Emily is a great person and I believe she would be an excellent co-chair of Sig-Security.

Thanks
Ash

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 9:01 AM Siddharth Bhadri <sbhadri@...> wrote:

+1 NB

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Bhadri
Software Engineer

Infoblox | Next Level Networking
sbhadri@...
  |  www.infoblox.com

signature_789707965

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io" <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...>
Reply to: "aprokharchyk@..." <aprokharchyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 9:29 PM
To: Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

+1 binding, Emily is great!

-alena.

On Sep 21, 2020, at 3:12 PM, Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

  • As a tech lead and a member of the SIG-Security
    • Cloud Native Security Day Lead (two successful events, upcoming CFP)
    • Defined categories for supply chain compromise catalog PR#304
  • Professional affiliations:
    • DevOps Security Lead, NSA
  • CNCF Projects: n/a

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Siddharth Bhadri

+1 NB

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Bhadri
Software Engineer

Infoblox | Next Level Networking
sbhadri@...
  |  www.infoblox.com

signature_789707965

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io" <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...>
Reply to: "aprokharchyk@..." <aprokharchyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 9:29 PM
To: Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Alena Prokharchyk

+1 binding, Emily is great!

-alena.

On Sep 21, 2020, at 3:12 PM, Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!
JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:36 PM Ricardo Aravena <raravena80@...> wrote:
+1! (nb)

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Buildpacks incubation public comment period

Justin Cormack

Cloud Native Buildpacks has applied to move from sandbox to incubation

I am the TOC sponsor for this project.

The public comment period is now open for 2 weeks, and all SIGs, end users, TOC members, and community members are welcome to comment by replying to this thread.

Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Ricardo Aravena

+1! (nb)

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Michelle Noorali <michelle.noorali@...>

+1 binding

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Andrew Martin <andy@...>

+1 strong agree, Emily has already proven herself more than capable

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 08:32, Frederick Kautz <frederick@...> wrote:
+1 nb, Emily is extremely knowledgeable and generous. We would be fortunate to have her in this role.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 10:59 PM Gadi Naor via lists.cncf.io <gadi=alcide.io@...> wrote:
+1000 - Emily is a perfect fit from my perspective.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:00 AM Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:
JJ already mentioned me in original email, but wanted to add my official  +1

As SIG-Security co-chair, I strongly support the nomination of Emily Fox!

Also, I wanted to add my thanks to out-going chair Dan Shaw, whose leadership has been critical in creating a strong community for SIG-Security.

Sarah Allen
@ultrasaurus

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:13 PM John Hillegass <hillegassdev@...> wrote:
+1 I follow along mostly via meeting recordings and on Slack but from what I can tell, she seems perfect for the role!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 9:08 PM Paris Pittman <paris.pittman@...> wrote:
+1

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:07 PM Chase Pettet <cpettet@...> wrote:
Emily is a wonderfull collaborator and human being.  Strongly support.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 5:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

[...]

Santiago Torres Arias <santiago@...>

+1, she's on top of everything and very knowledgeable.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 08:41:00AM +0800, Justin Cappos wrote:
I'd like to strongly support. She will be great in the role!

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_toc_blob_master_sigs_cncf-2Dsigs.md-23elections&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=C78Msn96OQwPWb8Z1mTy-gFT8zgRVFVApVpEIhSac-U&e= >

-

As a tech lead and a member of the SIG-Security
-

Cloud Native Security Day Lead (two successful events, upcoming CFP
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__linuxfoundation.smapply.io_prog_cnsdna2020_&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=eRrJIiBOPODIPcZ8JIULQX3V8V8UcFWJ6lXlRbJZPCA&e= >)
-

Defined categories for supply chain compromise catalog PR#304
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_pull_304&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=7Zv2jeBnQsPDIDa_gxfV1ZUHMaJDT2dWVZxcsP3SZgY&e= >
-

Process & governance (examples: assessment process docs
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_commit_8563a0142b4cd480a20ffc2cd547628d2c10fb39&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=Ce_FhDDlkHWfha9kCaQqXOpHCi2c35QXDnv2c0-13_Y&e= >
, code of conduct
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_commit_6a830fff6afe88ce98cb3fe672383c73aea85960&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=eHd2A2TML2NOOZUG1bugzoKiF9sHQ9vF_bMPFBfIosQ&e= >
)
-

Leading the whitepaper
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_issues_138&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=i8mJ9_iRMP6wUNJUp70BgGEsbeQzjBpIjh9NW4Wl7Ew&e= > initiative (Issue
#138 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_issues_138&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=i8mJ9_iRMP6wUNJUp70BgGEsbeQzjBpIjh9NW4Wl7Ew&e= >)
-

Professional affiliations:
-

DevOps Security Lead, NSA
-

Github: @TheFoxAtWork <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_TheFoxAtWork&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=AstpBcNbNENLuNCmSgblG7BoQpZ7sUd8Vd2Uy1EbK0k&e= >
-

CNCF Projects: n/a
-

SIG-Security commits
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_commits-3Fauthor-3DTheFoxAtWork&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=evTUZlxpaSesAt05q8s4T_GWaCh0a8K5tNgQt2mk9jw&e= >

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah)
and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Justin Cormack

+1 (binding)

Emily has been extremely influential in helping SIG Security

Justin

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Frederick Kautz

[...]

501 - 520 of 5825