Date

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Dan Shaw

+1 NB

Thank you Ashutosh Narkar, Aradhana Chetal and Andres Vega for all the hard work advancing SIG-Security.

Dan Shaw
Cor.dev - Solving Solved Problems ūüíó

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 5:43 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

On December 16th 2020, the SIG-Security co-chairs along with then TOC liason’s Liz Rice and Justin Cormack, agreed to nominate three Tech Leads for SIG-Security: Ashutosh Narkar, Aradhana Chetal and Andres Vega.

‚ÄúTech leads are assigned following a 2/3 majority vote of the TOC and a 2/3 majority vote of SIG Chairs‚ÄĚ ‚ÄĒ cncf-sig elections

Thank you!

Jeyappragash.J.J

(On behalf of SIG-Security Chairs)

TL Candidates - Dec 2020

Ashutosh Narkar

Aradhana Chetal

Andres Vega

  • SIG-Security highlights

  • Professional affiliations:¬†

    • VMWare

  • Github: @anvega

  • CNCF Projects:

    • SPIFFE/SPIRE

  • SIG-Security¬†

    • Security Assess. Review lead: Harbor

    • Security Assess. Review lead: Cloud Buildpaks

    • Security Assess. participant: SPIFFE/SPIRE

    • Security Day program committee 2020 NA

    • Facilitator for SIG meetings, and in general good with making calls more lively (1)

    • Participating in organization of CN Sec. Day 2021 EU

    • Commits (5)

    • Issues (13)

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Katie Gamanji

+1 NB

Katie Gamanji

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, 16:49 Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io, <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

-alena.

On Jan 6, 2021, at 1:34 AM, Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:

Bumping this vote, as it would be great to get the new SIG Security leads in place if others on the TOC are comfortable with these nominees

[...]

Re: Public comment period for Ambassador

Matt Klein

> I object to the name "Ingress Controller for Envoy Proxy‚ÄĚ as that also describes Contour.¬† This will create confusion and will be easily¬†misread as "THE¬†Ingress Controller for Envoy Proxy" and will violate the "no kingmakers" value of the TOC.

I agree and I raised a similar concern at some point but I don't remember the outcome here. @Daniel Bryant?

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 10:48 AM Joe Beda <joe@...> wrote:
What is the new name?  The name "ambassador" is all over the docs and I'd expect to see this reframed around the new name.

I object to the name "Ingress Controller for Envoy Proxy‚ÄĚ as that also describes Contour.¬† This will create confusion and will be easily¬†misread as "THE¬†Ingress Controller for Envoy Proxy" and will violate the "no kingmakers" value of the TOC.

Joe

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 9:12 AM Matt Klein <mattklein123@...> wrote:
All,

Ambassador is applying for incubation status:
DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG Network and we are supportive. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Public comment period for Ambassador

Joe Beda

[...]

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Brendan Burns

+1, binding

--brendan

--
~Dave

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Dave Zolotusky

[TOC] Nominations Open through 12pm PT, January 11, 2021

Chris Aniszczyk

Just a reminder about upcoming TOC elections for the GB and end user seats!

Feel free to petition your GB and end user member representatives!