Date

Re: [VOTE] Proposal to archive OpenTracing

-alena

On Aug 20, 2021, at 9:49 AM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Since the merger of OpenTracing & OpenCensus into OpenTelemetry it was always the maintainers’ intention to archive OpenTracing. Now that OpenTelemetry has reached incubation, OpenTracing is proposed as an archived project as the previous iteration of OpenTelemetry.  https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/710 is the proposal.

Archiving a project is rare, this is only the 2nd CNCF project to be archived. https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/process/archiving.md has details but what this means:

- CNCF will no longer provide support for the project via service desk
- CNCF will list archived projects online
- Trademarks and domain names of archived projects are still hosted neutrally by the CNCF and the Linux Foundation
- CNCF can provide services such as documentation updates to help transition users.
- Other CNCF marketing activities will no longer be provided for the project (like space at conferences)

[VOTE] Proposal to archive OpenTracing

Amye Scavarda Perrin

[...]

Re: [RESULT] Ed Warnicke approved as a TAG Network Co-Chair

St Leger, Jim

Congrats Ed!