Date

Results from Sandbox Inclusion Meeting, April 26

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The TOC met today to review the sandbox applications available at sandbox.cncf.io.

OpenFunction - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
Teller - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
sealer - passes with a majority vote of the TOC

Our next Sandbox review meeting is June 14.

Not included at the sandbox level:

Ketch: Reapply with a more robust community presence.
container-structure-test: Reapply with a more robust community presence.
Clusternet: TOC would like to see more people who are active in the project actively doing PRS and reviews and issues.
Tarian: Consider becoming a subproject of Falco
Kubescape: would like to see more community growth, TAG + SIG Security may be useful here, reapply in 6 months
Lagoon: Reapply in 6 months to a year.
Matos: Reapply in January '23 showing more robust community.
KTLS: Suggest meeting with Kubernetes SIG-Release to work together.
Cluster API Provider for CloudStack(CAPC): Suggest meeting with SIG Cluster Lifecycle.

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: Kyverno incubation public comment period

saiyam pathak

+1 NB

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 at 4:56 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Kyverno has applied to move from sandbox to incubation. As the TOC sponsor, thanks to everyone for their work.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/784
DD: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18dWgOd2MUQz3RXI1R9vKntL3ULyZhOD1HEtijGOeaWg/edit?usp=sharing

Everyone is welcome to comment in the document, on the PR, or in reply to this thread, before we move to a TOC vote. This period of public comment will last a minimum of two weeks.

Thanks,
Dims

CNCF Ambassador

Kyverno incubation public comment period

Davanum Srinivas

Hi Folks,

Kyverno has applied to move from sandbox to incubation. As the TOC sponsor, thanks to everyone for their work.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/784
DD: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18dWgOd2MUQz3RXI1R9vKntL3ULyZhOD1HEtijGOeaWg/edit?usp=sharing

Everyone is welcome to comment in the document, on the PR, or in reply to this thread, before we move to a TOC vote. This period of public comment will last a minimum of two weeks.

Thanks,
Dims

LFX Mentorship '22 Summer Semester

Nate Waddington

Hello everyone!

The LFX Mentorship '22 Summer semester is open now open for project ideas: https://github.com/cncf/mentoring/tree/main/lfx-mentorship/2022/02-Summer

We have compressed the administration schedule to work around the LF All hands and KubeCon events this year. The semester is the same length as it has been in previous years.

Project submission and application timeline:
  • mentorships available on LFX Mentorship: May 8th, 2021
  • applications open: May 9th - May 24th (2 weeks)
  • application review/admission decisions/HR paperwork: May 25th - May 31st

Please share this with any projects you think may be interested in having a mentee work with them over the summer!

Cheers,
Nate

CNCF Tech Writers Office Hours (April)

Nate Waddington

Hello Everyone,

On the last Wednesday of every month, we host a CNCF Tech Writers Office Hours. Projects are welcome to drop in and chat with the CNCF Tech Docs team about any documentation questions they might have.

Wed April 27, 10:00am - 10:50am (PST).

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Nate.

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

Dave Zolotusky

+1 binding

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 11:40 PM Erin Boyd <eboyd@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 10:30 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
CubeFS (previously known as ChubaoFS) has applied to move to the incubation level.

- TOC PR proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/586
- Presentation to CNCF TAG: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuBXEmGTSE5wLXOi5rA1FmpT-Nxj5afzI3snamQUWx0/edit
- GitHub: https://github.com/cubeFS/cubefs
- Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDJEeRDO8pHAetyCbU7TftZfvxSATc3bsLj7VJeNoJ0/edit#

Lei Zhang is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6806)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

--

Erin A. Boyd

Director of Emerging Technologies OCTO

Distinguished Engineer

Red Hat

eboyd@...

--
~Dave

[...]

Ricardo Rocha

+1 binding

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:41:45PM -0400, Xing Yang via lists.cncf.io wrote:
+1 non-binding

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:27 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <
ascavarda@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

CubeFS (previously known as ChubaoFS) has applied to move to the
incubation level.

- TOC PR proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/586
- Presentation to CNCF TAG:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuBXEmGTSE5wLXOi5rA1FmpT-Nxj5afzI3snamQUWx0/edit
- GitHub: https://github.com/cubeFS/cubefs
- Due Diligence doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDJEeRDO8pHAetyCbU7TftZfvxSATc3bsLj7VJeNoJ0/edit#

Lei Zhang is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public
comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (
https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6806)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF |
amye@linuxfoundation.org

Keptn Incubation Proposal - Public Comment

Lei Zhang

Hi all,

We are opening the public comment period for the proposal of Keptn to progress at the CNCF as an Incubating project.

Feel free to comment on the above doc or raise related discussion.

Other information:

Thanks,

Lei Zhang (Harry)

[RESULT] Kubevirt has been approved for incubation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

TOC Agenda for 4/19

We'll be meeting tomorrow, 4/19 at 8am Pacific to discuss Flux's application for graduation.

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

Emily Fox

+1 Binding

~Emily Fox
@TheMoxieFox

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 9:27 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
CubeFS (previously known as ChubaoFS) has applied to move to the incubation level.

- TOC PR proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/586
- Presentation to CNCF TAG: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuBXEmGTSE5wLXOi5rA1FmpT-Nxj5afzI3snamQUWx0/edit
- GitHub: https://github.com/cubeFS/cubefs
- Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDJEeRDO8pHAetyCbU7TftZfvxSATc3bsLj7VJeNoJ0/edit#

Lei Zhang is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6806)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

Herve LECLERC

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

Davanum Srinivas

+1 Binding

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:41 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 5:27 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
CubeFS (previously known as ChubaoFS) has applied to move to the incubation level.

- TOC PR proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/586
- Presentation to CNCF TAG: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuBXEmGTSE5wLXOi5rA1FmpT-Nxj5afzI3snamQUWx0/edit
- GitHub: https://github.com/cubeFS/cubefs
- Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDJEeRDO8pHAetyCbU7TftZfvxSATc3bsLj7VJeNoJ0/edit#

Lei Zhang is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6806)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged or copyrighted material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. StorageOS Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09614942. Registered office address: 2 Minton Place, Victoria Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6QB.

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

Xing Yang

+1 non-binding

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:27 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
CubeFS (previously known as ChubaoFS) has applied to move to the incubation level.

- TOC PR proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/586
- Presentation to CNCF TAG: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuBXEmGTSE5wLXOi5rA1FmpT-Nxj5afzI3snamQUWx0/edit
- GitHub: https://github.com/cubeFS/cubefs
- Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDJEeRDO8pHAetyCbU7TftZfvxSATc3bsLj7VJeNoJ0/edit#

Lei Zhang is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6806)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

[VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

CubeFS (previously known as ChubaoFS) has applied to move to the incubation level.

- TOC PR proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/586
- Presentation to CNCF TAG: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuBXEmGTSE5wLXOi5rA1FmpT-Nxj5afzI3snamQUWx0/edit
- GitHub: https://github.com/cubeFS/cubefs
- Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDJEeRDO8pHAetyCbU7TftZfvxSATc3bsLj7VJeNoJ0/edit#

Lei Zhang is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6806)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: Proposal TAG Sustainability

Huamin Chen

Dear TOC members,

First of all, let's give a shout out to Max and all community members!

Environmental sustainability is a critical matter. CNCF should take this opportunity to lead the open source community to deal with this challenge. Please share your thoughts here and help move this initiative forward. I believe all the interested parties here will appreciate your prompt action and transparency.

Cheers!

Huamin

Re: Proposal TAG Sustainability

Max Koerbaecher <max@...>

Hello TOC,

after collecting your feedback on our proposal, we crafted the Work Group charter.

Best Regards
Max

Am Do., 7. Apr. 2022 um 13:37 Uhr schrieb Chris Lloyd-Jones <chris.lloyd-jones@...>:

Hi folks,
This is my first ever CNCF email, as a newbie - and I wanted to clarify how this works regarding another Linux Foundation project, the Green Software Foundation: Green Software Foundation | GSF

I can see some folks have raised a similar question - some of the items in the vision and responsibilities are clearly different from the GSF, but some overlap.

That might be ok, but flagging now.

Thanks,
Chris.

Chris Lloyd-Jones | Head of Open Technologies, Office of the CTO

Calendar booking link

[ Upcoming OOF – 7 April, 19-20 April, 2-9 May. ]