From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of feilong via lists.cncf.io <feilong=catalyst.net.nz@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 5:30:41 PM
To: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>; CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Longhorn for incubation

You don't often get email from feilong=catalyst.net.nz@.... Learn why this is important

+1 non-binding

On 30/09/21 10:08 am, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Longhorn has applied to move from sandbox to incubating.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fimxaJ3sgc_q9_qtwoQhLo0RwxI6U_FnxyxAXfslKdE/edit#heading=h.rg1aev97ao2c

Saad Ali is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553#issuecomment-930464659)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...
--
Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙) (he/him)

Catalyst Cloud
Aotearoa's own

Mob: +64 21 0832 6348 | www.catalystcloud.nz
Level 6, 150 Willis Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information. If you are
not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure or copying of this
email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have received this email in
error, please reply via email or call +64 21 0832 6348.

Re: [VOTE] Longhorn for incubation

feilong <feilong@...>

[...]

Xing Yang

+1 non-binding

+1 non-binding

Longhorn has applied to move from sandbox to incubating.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fimxaJ3sgc_q9_qtwoQhLo0RwxI6U_FnxyxAXfslKdE/edit#heading=h.rg1aev97ao2c

Saad Ali is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553#issuecomment-930464659)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

[VOTE] Longhorn for incubation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Longhorn has applied to move from sandbox to incubating.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fimxaJ3sgc_q9_qtwoQhLo0RwxI6U_FnxyxAXfslKdE/edit#heading=h.rg1aev97ao2c

Saad Ali is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553#issuecomment-930464659)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: Sandbox Annual Reviews accepted on 9/28

Davanum Srinivas

Nice job to all the projects! kudos! keep up the good work :)

-- Dims

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The following annual reviews were accepted by the TOC in a closed meeting, with notes.

Telepresence: The TOC suggests building a community that is independent of Ambassador Labs that's more tied into the CNCF community; moving slack into CNCF community.
ChaosMesh: The TOC encourages getting involved with ChaosMesh Working Group under TAG App Delivery.
Parsec: The TOC encourages working with TAG Security around a security assessment.
Dex: The TOC encourages a maintainer onboarding process as part of governance improvements.
BFE: The TOC suggests adopting more open governance as a part of considering incubation; that the project change their CLA to the CNCF CLA and that the project considers partnering with other CNCF projects.
Serverless Workflow Specification: The TOC encourages the project to increase adoption before applying for incubation.
In-toto: The TOC encourages the project to re-engage in incubation process.
Strimzi: The TOC encourages a maintainer onboarding process as part of governance improvements.

--
[...]

[RESULT] Establishing the Cooperative Delivery Working Group with TAG App Delivery has passed

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Re: TAG App Delivery proposal for Cooperative Delivery working group

Lei Zhang

+1 binding

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 1:58 AM Alex Jones <alexsimonjones@...> wrote:

Hello,

TAG App Delivery would like to put forward the proposal to form a new Cooperative Delivery working group.
The charter and outline of the group can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n8AtfQQGJIJrsU-F-oGN6DVXE76E8OVCXsPpXkWgmBo/edit?usp=sharing

We would like to invite feedback and comments.

We also request that the TOC puts the creation of this working group to a vote at their convenience.

Alex Jones

TAG App Delivery (Tech Lead)

Agenda for 9/21 meeting

We'll be meeting tomorrow at 8am Pacific.

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Keptn is ready for Incubation. Looking for a TOC sponsorship

Grabner, Andreas <andreas.grabner@...>

Dear TOC Members

Keptn helps DevOps & SREs with declarative, event- and data-driven automation without the pain of custom orchestration scripting or maintaining tool integrations.

Our adopters have seen up to 90% reduction in their automating scripting while still keeping the tools they love for deploy, test, monitor, alert, configure …

We started the process to be promoted to CNCF Incubation and are looking for a TOC sponsorship so we can reach Incubation by KubeCon.

To see how Keptn helps our community check out some of our resources such as

We – the Keptn Community – are looking forward to taking the next step with the help of the TOC

All the best

Stay healthy

Andreas Grabner (@grabnerandi)

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

Re: Longhorn Incubation Proposal - Public Comment Period

Franco Geraci

+1 NB

Il mer 15 set 2021, 09:14 Saad Ali via lists.cncf.io <saadali=google.com@...> ha scritto:
I am opening the public comment period for the proposal for Longhorn to join the CNCF as an Incubating project.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/553

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fimxaJ3sgc_q9_qtwoQhLo0RwxI6U_FnxyxAXfslKdE/edit#heading=h.rg1aev97ao2c

Thanks,

Saad Ali

[RESULT] Streamlined graduation process approved

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Strimzi Annual Review 2021

Jakub Scholz <jakub@...>

Hi all,

On behalf of Strimzi maintainers team, I opened the PR with the 2021 annual review for the Strimzi project: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/726

Let me know if you have any questions or comments ...

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Re: VOTE: Establishing the Cooperative Delivery Working Group with TAG App Delivery

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:21 AM Reitbauer, Alois via lists.cncf.io <alois.reitbauer=dynatrace.com@...> wrote:

Hello,

TAG App Delivery would like to put forward the proposal to form a
new Cooperative Delivery working group and asks for TOC approval voting

The cooperative delivery working group focuses on bringing infrastructure/platform delivery and application delivery closer together. Often responsibilities, lifecycles and processes are decoupled which leads to real world issues. Full-stack – infra and app – delivery workflows are often still brittle and break easily. The working group is a collaboration of projects in the app and infra space as well as end users developing best practices solving coming problems.

The charter and outline of the group can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n8AtfQQGJIJrsU-F-oGN6DVXE76E8OVCXsPpXkWgmBo/edit?usp=sharing

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

Re: Longhorn Incubation Proposal - Public Comment Period

Timothy Horner

+1 non-binding
Timothy Horner
Software Engineer
Linode Cloud Hosting
p:(609)502-8190
w:linode.com  e: thorner@...

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 10:58 AM Rey Lejano <rlejano@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 5:30 AM Barak Stout <bstout@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Barak Stout
Raft
goraft.tech

Longhorn helped kick start OpenEBS and longhorn engine functionality has been put to test by OpenEBS users as well for the past 3 years (in addition to the usage counts mentioned in the DD doc).

--
Kiran Mova  | Co-Founder, Chief Architect MayaData  | kiran.mova@...

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 5:43 PM Xing Yang <xingyang105@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding