From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin via lists.cncf.io <ascavarda=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:04:30 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] k3s for Sandbox

k3s has applied for inclusion into the sandbox: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/447.

Liz Rice has called for the vote: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5081

Re: [VOTE] k3s for Sandbox

Roger Klorese

signature_232597712

Roger Klorese
Senior Product Manager, SUSE CaaS Platform

SUSE

+1 206 217 7432 office
+1 425 444 5493 mobile

roger.klorese@...

255 King Street Suite 800
Seattle WA 98104 US

www.suse.com

GPG Key: 46D6 297E D349 0A68 9BB7 7362 9454 9852 704C 64CA

LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Amye Scavarda Perrin via lists.cncf.io" <ascavarda=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Date: Friday, July 31, 2020 at 8:05 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

k3s has applied for inclusion into the sandbox: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/447.

Liz Rice has called for the vote: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5081

[VOTE] k3s for Sandbox

Amye Scavarda Perrin

k3s has applied for inclusion into the sandbox: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/447.

Liz Rice has called for the vote: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5081

k3s sandbox proposal

Liz Rice

Hi everyone,

At our last Sandbox application review meeting, TOC didn't vote on k3s pending a discussion with the K8s Steering Committee on whether k3s makes more sense as a standalone project or as a subproject of Kubernetes. There are arguably some parallels with kind and minikube (which live within the Kubernetes project) and also with KubeEdge and Virtual Kubelet (which are separate projects).

We had a very productive discussion on this yesterday and reached the conclusion that it makes more sense as a standalone project at this time. I'm now calling a TOC vote on whether to accept k3s into the Sandbox.

Noting that:
* We are asking the k3s team to publish the roadmap (including intention to stay conformant with k8s, and to continue with release cadence) - this is already in the k3s sandbox submission but we'd like to see it documented in the k3s repo itself
* We encourage k3s contributing changes upstream to k8s so that divergence is as small as possible, and we would like to see the projects co-operating harmoniously :-)

And also noting that
* we already have form for "distribution-esque" projects in the form of Thanos & Cortex
* becoming a CNCF sandbox project now does not preclude the possibility that k3s could become part of k8s project in future - only if that were desired by both sides (following the model that kind and minikube fall under k8s right now)

(Amye please can you set up an email vote, no need to wait for the next review meeting)

Liz

Re: [VOTE] Cortex for Incubation

Ganesh Vernekar

Ganesh

Re: [VOTE] KubeEdge for Incubation

Feilong Wang <feilong@...>

+1 nb

On 24/07/20 8:12 am, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
KubeEdge has applied for promotion from Sandbox to Incubation level: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/461

Alena has performed due diligence and is the TOC Sponsor.

The Due Diligence doc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GwKZCeXbCnyBkTVwrlUflGSU7lwVgucn2CfkwrCSpsY/edit#heading=h.kd4eg2uz3lt0

Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Head of R&D
Catalyst Cloud - Cloud Native New Zealand
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang@...
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

Li, Xiang

发件人:Sheng Liang via lists.cncf.io<sheng=rancher.com@...>
日 期:2020年07月30日 02:09:11
收件人:bburns@...<bburns@...>; cncf-toc@...<cncf-toc@...>; Amye Scavarda<ascavarda@...>; liz@...<liz@...>
主 题:Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

+1 binding

Sheng

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Brendan Burns via lists.cncf.io" <bburns=microsoft.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:26 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>, Amye Scavarda <ascavarda@...>, "liz@..." <liz@...>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

+1, binding.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Brendan Burns via lists.cncf.io" <bburns=microsoft.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:26 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>, Amye Scavarda <ascavarda@...>, "liz@..." <liz@...>

+1, binding.

Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP)

@jnardiello/ github.com/jnardiello
http://sighup.io

On 29 Jul 2020, 13:14 +0200, Marco Pracucci <marco@...>, wrote:

+1 NB

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

Brendan Burns

+1, binding.

Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP)

@jnardiello/ github.com/jnardiello
http://sighup.io

On 29 Jul 2020, 13:14 +0200, Marco Pracucci <marco@...>, wrote:
+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

_______________________________________

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020, 12:14 Marco Pracucci, <marco@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

Jacopo Nardiello

+1 NB

_______________________________________

Jacopo Nardiello
Founder & CEO - SIGHUP
DevOps / Cloud-Native infrastructures

CNCF Silver Member
Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP)

@jnardiello/ github.com/jnardiello
http://sighup.io

On 29 Jul 2020, 13:14 +0200, Marco Pracucci <marco@...>, wrote:
+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] Thanos for Incubation

Marco Pracucci <marco@...>

+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] Cortex for Incubation

Marco Pracucci <marco@...>

+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] KubeEdge for Incubation

GolfenGuo

 Golfen Guo

+86 18016427071

Shanghai DaoCloud Network Technology Co,. Ltd

#Your Cloud Native Application Delivered!#

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 1:12 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

KubeEdge has applied for promotion from Sandbox to Incubation level: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/461

Alena has performed due diligence and is the TOC Sponsor.

The Due Diligence doc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GwKZCeXbCnyBkTVwrlUflGSU7lwVgucn2CfkwrCSpsY/edit#heading=h.kd4eg2uz3lt0

本邮件及附件含 DaoCloud 保密信息,仅限发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组,禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用本邮件中的信息。若误收本邮件,请务必通知发送人并直接删去,不得使用、传播或复制本邮件。

Re: [VOTE] Cortex for Incubation

-alena.

On Jul 24, 2020, at 12:36 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Cortex has applied to move to incubation: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/315.

Katie Gamanji from the TOC has performed due diligence.

Due diligence doc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mCS5C9wQxEyFQrknaY4nFvgWR34ZKUgFH7I2osMhbIY.

Re: [External] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Cortex for Incubation

Jan Willies

+1 NB