Date

[VOTE] Crossplane for incubation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Crossplane has applied for incubation status.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/620

Lei Zhang and Ricardo Rocha are the TOC sponsors for this project, have called for public comment and have approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6013)

[RESULT] Linkerd for graduation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The Linkerd project has been approved for graduation. https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5966
10/11
+1 Binding
Dave Zolotusky: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5968
Sheng Liang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5970
Ricardo Rocha: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5978
Alena Prokharchyk: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5979
Lei Zhang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5987
Liz Rice: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5989
Erin Boyd: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5991
Davanum Srinivas: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5994
Justin Cormack: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5997
Cornelia Davis: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6004

+1 NB
Eduardo Silva: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5969
Hervé Leclerc: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5974
Ed Warnicke: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5976
Chris Short: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5977
Joe Searcy: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5981
Ricardo Aravena: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5983
Lee Calcote: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5984
ihcsim: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5985
Kasper Nissen: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5990
dad264: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5996
Alexis Richardson: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5998
Richard Hartmann: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5999
Kensipe: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6005

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 11:08 PM Lei Zhang <resouer@...> wrote:
+1  binding

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:10 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for
projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Lei Zhang

+1  binding

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:10 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for
projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Nick Young

+1 non-binding.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 04:36, Brandon Lum <lumjjb@...> wrote:
+1 nb

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 12:45 PM Kiran Mova <kiran.mova@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 9:39 PM Sheng Liang via lists.cncf.io <sheng.liang=suse.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Sheng Liang <sheng.liang@...>

+1 binding

This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

-alena

On Jul 15, 2021, at 4:10 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for
projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Dave Zolotusky

+1 binding

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:50 AM Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
+1 Binding

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 7:10 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for
projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

~Dave

Re: [VOTE] OpenMetrics for Incubation

Lei Zhang

+1 binding

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 12:02 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
OpenMetrics has applied to move from Sandbox to Incubation.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/615
Due Diligence (DD) doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BN6ABvfbAMhJthH6xNOY5Lmls3jeE3kFbMgF04BzEKE/edit#heading=h.jidcx4f4xk02

Alena Prokharchyk has called for public comment (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5913) and has approved a call for a public vote.

Re: [VOTE] OpenMetrics for Incubation

Sheng Liang <sheng.liang@...>

+1 binding

OpenMetrics has applied to move from Sandbox to Incubation.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/615
Due Diligence (DD) doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BN6ABvfbAMhJthH6xNOY5Lmls3jeE3kFbMgF04BzEKE/edit#heading=h.jidcx4f4xk02

Alena Prokharchyk has called for public comment (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5913) and has approved a call for a public vote.

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Mark Carter

Great update. Two thoughts:
1. I believe the word “is” is repeated unnecessarily in “why is the project is ready to graduate?”
2. Shouldn’t we aim to require that graduating projects will have more then one stakeholder by asking that at least two organizations will be represented as maintainers, governance board members and project TC members?

Feedback appreciated,
Mark

Sent from my mobile phone

On Jul 24, 2021, at 4:12 AM, Richard Hartmann <richih@...> wrote:

Left one nit inline and think it should be expanded even more, but
it's definitely a large step in the right direction.

As such, +1 NB.

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Richard Hartmann

Left one nit inline and think it should be expanded even more, but
it's definitely a large step in the right direction.

As such, +1 NB.

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 7:10 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
This proposal changes the graduation process to a template for
projects to submit and get feedback on before moving to a vote.
(https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/671)

He/Him/His
TZ=America/Detroit

Re: [VOTE] Proposal for streamlined graduation process

Davanum Srinivas

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 8:01 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
OpenMetrics has applied to move from Sandbox to Incubation.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/615
Due Diligence (DD) doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BN6ABvfbAMhJthH6xNOY5Lmls3jeE3kFbMgF04BzEKE/edit#heading=h.jidcx4f4xk02

Alena Prokharchyk has called for public comment (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5913) and has approved a call for a public vote.

Re: [VOTE] OpenMetrics for Incubation

Davanum Srinivas

+1 Binding. thanks Alena for shining the light on the working group.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 5:33 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
+1 binding

FWIW I also shared the concern raised by Mark about the potential for confusion between OpenTelemetry and OpenMetrics, but I'm very encouraged that this is being addressed by the working group as described by Alena. It would be great to see compatibility here!

There is an effort by OpenTelemetry on adding OpenMetrics support to the collector. Together with the Prometheus and OpenMetrics community, the workgroup was formed, with weekly meetings that move this work forward. Many non-trivial challenges are being discussed and worked on, which brings benefits to all communities. More information and meetings notes can be found here https://github.com/open-telemetry/wg-prometheus, everybody is welcome to participate and ask questions.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 7:50 AM Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io <dzolo=spotify.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM Paul Buck <paul.buck@...> wrote:

+1 (non binding)

Paul Buck
VP, Community Development  |  Eclipse Foundation  |  +1.613.220.6507 (m)

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 10:46 AM Queeny Jin <jinkun@...> wrote:
+1 NB

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 10:16 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
+1 nb

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 3:12 PM Cornelia Davis <cornelia@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 at 06:31, Hausenblas, Michael via lists.cncf.io <hausenbl=amazon.com@...> wrote:

Cornelia Davis
CTO, Weaveworks
@cdavisafc
+1 805 452 8941

--
[...]

Parsec 2021 Annual Report PR Available for Review

Paul Howard <Paul.Howard@...>

Dear CNCF TOC Maintainers,

As request, please find available for your review the Annual Report 2021 for the Parsec project:

https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/699

With thanks,

Paul Howard, on behalf of the Parsec maintenance team.

Paul Howard

Principal System Solutions Architect Arm

m. +44 (0)7595 334971

arm.com