Date

Re: Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG

Cornelia Davis

+1 binding (for both of course)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 11:18, Lee Calcote <leecalcote@...> wrote:
+1 nb

On Mar 2, 2021, at 11:21 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As a follow up from the TOC call today, the Storage SIG would like to nominate two candidates for the tech lead role: Raffaele Spazzoli and Sheng Yang.   Both have been members of the SIG for a while and have been active contributors - they will continue to help strengthen the community and bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the group.

Following the SIG operating model, Tech leads are assigned following a 2/3 majority vote of the TOC and a 2/3 majority vote of SIG Chairs.

Short bios are listed below for convenience:

Raffaele Spazzoli - Tech Lead Nominee
Senior Principal Architect - Red Hat

Raffaele is a full-stack enterprise architect with 20+ years of experience. Raffaele started his career in Italy as a Java Architect then gradually moved to Integration Architect and then Enterprise Architect. Later he moved to the United States to eventually become an OpenShift Architect for Red Hat consulting services, acquiring, in the process, knowledge of the infrastructure side of IT.  Currently Raffaele covers a consulting position of cross-portfolio application architect with a focus on OpenShift. Most of his career Raffaele worked with large financial institutions allowing him to acquire an understanding of enterprise processes and security and compliance requirements of large enterprise customers.

Sheng Yang - Tech Lead Nominee
Senior Manager, Engineering - SUSE

Sheng Yang is a Senior Manager and Software Architect at SUSE. He is a maintainer of project Longhorn, CNCF's open-source Cloud Native distributed storage solution. He joined SUSE through the Rancher Labs acquisition, where he worked on Longhorn, Harvester, local path provisioner, and other projects. Before Rancher Labs, he joined Citrix through the Cloud.com acquisition, where he worked on CloudStack project and CloudPlatform product. Before that, he had spent a few years as a kernel developer at Intel, focused on KVM, Xen, and Linux kernel development. He has worked in the fields of virtualization and cloud computing for the last fourteen years.

Kind Regards,
Alex Chircop
Co-chair CNCF SIG Storage

--
Cornelia Davis
CTO, Weaveworks

Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Randy Abernethy

+1 nb

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing

Randy Abernethy
Managing Partner
RX-M, LLC
randy.abernethy@...
o 415-800-2922
c 415-624-6447

On Feb 25, 2021, at 12:24 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing

Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Reitbauer, Alois

+1 NB

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Dave Sudia via lists.cncf.io <dave.sudia=upchieve.org@...>
Date: Tuesday, 2. March 2021 at 18:33
To: Matt Klein <mattklein123@...>
Cc: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

+1 non-binding.

On Mar 2 2021, at 10:00 am, Matt Klein <mattklein123@...> wrote:

+1 NB

Sent from Mailspring

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 5:21 PM Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...> wrote:
[...]

Liz Rice

+1 for both candidates

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 18:02, Josh Berkus <jberkus@...> wrote:
On 3/2/21 9:21 AM, Alex Chircop wrote:
> As a follow up from the TOC call today, the Storage SIG would like to
> nominate two candidates for the tech lead role: Raffaele Spazzoli
> and Sheng Yang.   Both have been members of the SIG for a while and have
> been active contributors - they will continue to help strengthen the
> community and bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the group.

+1 NB.

As track lead for the Kubecon Storage Track, I've seen both of these
candidates present, and they are obvious choices for SIG-Storage.

Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community
Red Hat OSPO

Re: Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG

Josh Berkus

On 3/2/21 9:21 AM, Alex Chircop wrote:
As a follow up from the TOC call today, the Storage SIG would like to
nominate two candidates for the tech lead role: Raffaele Spazzoli
and Sheng Yang.   Both have been members of the SIG for a while and have
been active contributors - they will continue to help strengthen the
community and bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the group.
+1 NB.

As track lead for the Kubecon Storage Track, I've seen both of these
candidates present, and they are obvious choices for SIG-Storage.

Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community
Red Hat OSPO

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Lei Zhang

+1, binding

---
Lei Zhang

Alibaba

Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Dave Sudia

[...]

Matt Klein

[...]

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Max Jonas Werner

+1 nb

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Uma Mukkara

+1 nb

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:54 PM Reitbauer, Alois via lists.cncf.io <alois.reitbauer=dynatrace.com@...> wrote:

+1 NB

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Fahad Arshad via lists.cncf.io <fahad.arshad=hobsons.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, 23. February 2021 at 15:18
To: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Flux for incubation

+1 nb

- Fahad Arshad

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Reitbauer, Alois

+1 NB

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Fahad Arshad via lists.cncf.io <fahad.arshad=hobsons.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, 23. February 2021 at 15:18
To: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>

+1 nb

- Fahad Arshad

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Fahad Arshad

+1 nb

- Fahad Arshad

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Katie Gamanji

+1 nb

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 12:32 AM, Angel Ramirez angel@... wrote:
+1 nb

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM Scott Rigby <scott@...> wrote:
+1 nb 🙂

--

Angel Ramirez

Co-Founder & CEO

Cuemby

@ar4mirez

+1 (561) 510-0312
angel@...
https://www.cuemby.com
Delray Beach, FL
facebook
twitter
linkedin
instagram

----
Katie Gamanji <kgamanji@...>
Ecosystem Advocate, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: [VOTE] Flux for incubation

Angel Ramirez

+1 nb

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM Scott Rigby <scott@...> wrote: