Date

Security policies for Kubernetes

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

There was a question at the Kubernetes panel Monday night about how to handle security reports now that Kubernetes is a CNCF rather than a Google project.

Brandon Phillips seems to have already gotten a good start on this at https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/35462 and in the linked Google Doc.

I presume he and Sarah Novotny will let CNCF staff know if they want any CNCF-hosted mailing lists or other infrastructure.

But I wanted to flag this publicly in case anyone on the TOC list wanted to chime in. I'm also cc'ing Greg KH, in case he might want to add any comments about the kernel security process.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

alexis richardson

hooray

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Chris Aniszczyk
<caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
Yes we are all set Alexis, the official announcement will go out this
morning:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20#issuecomment-259040513

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:

I believe that means we have six YES votes and Fluentd accepted.

Chris, please let us know when the voting officially 'closes'.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Camille Fournier via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:
Yes

On Nov 7, 2016 9:46 PM, "Solomon Hykes via cncf-toc"
<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:

Yes.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:
After a significant amount of community discussion, the Fluentd
project
proposal is ready for an official vote by the TOC:

implement an unified logging layer. Fluentd’s 600+ plugins connect it
many data sources and data outputs. Fluentd has a large adopter
community
consisting of Atlassian, LINE, Microsoft, Nintendo and GREE within
others.

The project TOC sponsor is Brian Grant. The full details can be found
on
GitHub:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20/files

Anyways, please vote!

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

Chris Aniszczyk

<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:
After a significant amount of community discussion, the Fluentd project
proposal is ready for an official vote by the TOC:

implement an unified logging layer. Fluentd’s 600+ plugins connect it to
many data sources and data outputs. Fluentd has a large adopter
community
consisting of Atlassian, LINE, Microsoft, Nintendo and GREE within
others.

The project TOC sponsor is Brian Grant. The full details can be found on
GitHub:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20/files

Anyways, please vote!

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

Camille Fournier

Yes

<cncf-toc@...> wrote:
> After a significant amount of community discussion, the Fluentd project
> proposal is ready for an official vote by the TOC:
> https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20

> implement an unified logging layer. Fluentd’s 600+ plugins connect it to
> many data sources and data outputs. Fluentd has a large adopter community
> consisting of Atlassian, LINE, Microsoft, Nintendo and GREE within others.
>
> The project TOC sponsor is Brian Grant. The full details can be found on
> GitHub:
> https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20/files
>
> Anyways, please vote!
>
> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

Solomon Hykes

<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:
After a significant amount of community discussion, the Fluentd project
proposal is ready for an official vote by the TOC:

implement an unified logging layer. Fluentd’s 600+ plugins connect it to
many data sources and data outputs. Fluentd has a large adopter community
consisting of Atlassian, LINE, Microsoft, Nintendo and GREE within others.

The project TOC sponsor is Brian Grant. The full details can be found on
GitHub:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20/files

Anyways, please vote!

Re: [VOTE] End User Reference Architecture v1.0

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

Yes

On 27 October 2016 at 15:14, Doug Davis via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Overall it looks good. Just two things that jumped out at me that are missing:
1 - multi-tenancy. I don't think we need to say much, other than its an issue, and while it could appear on several charts, perhaps the "Orchestration & Management Layer" one might be the best single spot for it.
2 - clustering. Probably on the same slide too. While its implied, I just want to be clear that people need to think about how to scale and cluster many many nodes and this arch isn't just for small/single node envs.

Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc ---10/26/2016 01:41:40 PM---A global service catalogue is an interesting idea. If it is "like DNS but for cloud native apps" th

From: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: "Ram, J" <j.ram@...>, Brian Grant <briangrant@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 10/26/2016 01:41 PM
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] End User Reference Architecture v1.0
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

A global service catalogue is an interesting idea.  If it is "like DNS but for cloud native apps" then it presupposes an "HTTP but for cloud native apps".  Such as a service broker protocol for discovery, binding and monitoring.

From: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: "Ram, J" <j.ram@...>, Brian Grant <briangrant@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 10/26/2016 01:41 PM

From: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: "Ram, J" <j.ram@...>, Brian Grant <briangrant@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 10/26/2016 01:41 PM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

A global service catalogue is an interesting idea.  If it is "like DNS but for cloud native apps" then it presupposes an "HTTP but for cloud native apps".  Such as a service broker protocol for discovery, binding and monitoring.

    [cncf-toc] [VOTE] End User Reference Architecture v1.0

    Last week at the CNCF TOC meeting, we discussed issues with the CNCF Reference Architecture and felt it was ready to finalize (and much better than what we had before):

    http://drive.google.com/open?id=1uMw2wkK0ubmc3khxqIuxK_rLK_wN89tNCnK7gDmTGR8

    This is a call to formalize the reference architecture, so TOC members please vote!

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

alexis richardson

YES

<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:

After a significant amount of community discussion, the Fluentd project
proposal is ready for an official vote by the TOC:

implement an unified logging layer. Fluentd’s 600+ plugins connect it to
many data sources and data outputs. Fluentd has a large adopter community
consisting of Atlassian, LINE, Microsoft, Nintendo and GREE within others.

The project TOC sponsor is Brian Grant. The full details can be found on
GitHub:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20/files

Anyways, please vote!

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

Brian Grant

YES

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
After a significant amount of community discussion, the Fluentd project proposal is ready for an official vote by the TOC: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/20

Description: Fluentd is an open source data collector that allows to implement an unified logging layer. Fluentd’s 600+ plugins connect it to many data sources and data outputs. Fluentd has a large adopter community consisting of Atlassian, LINE, Microsoft, Nintendo and GREE within others.

The project TOC sponsor is Brian Grant. The full details can be found on GitHub:

Anyways, please vote!

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Code of Conduct

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

Sorry I missed this when it was first put up for a vote -- +1!

        - Bryan

On Oct 20, 2016 7:59 AM, "Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
From yesterday's TOC meeting, we had discussion around adopting a code of conduct for the CNCF community. We decided to go with what the k8s community has already established:

The raw text of the CNCF code of conduct is here:

This is a call to formalize the Code of Conduct, so TOC members please vote!

Re: [VOTE] Fluentd Project Proposal

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

Yes

Kenneth Owens
CTO Cloud Native Platforms
Cloud Platforms and Services Group
kenowens@...
Phone: +1 408 424 0872
Mobile: +1 314 591 5708

Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

[...]

Thanks all!

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, 13:53 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
With Solomon's vote that pushes over the required amount of votes for this to pass!

+1 votes: SolomonH, CamilleF, AlexisR, BrianG, BenH, JonB, KenO

Thank you everyone!

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Solomon Hykes <solomon.hykes@...> wrote:
Yes

<cncf-toc@...> wrote:
> From yesterday's TOC meeting, we had discussion around adopting a code of
> conduct for the CNCF community. We decided to go with what the k8s community
> has already established:
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/35142
>
> The raw text of the CNCF code of conduct is here:
> https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/code-of-conduct.md
>
> This is a call to formalize the Code of Conduct, so TOC members please vote!
>
> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: Tomorrow's TOC agenda

alexis richardson

And here is the TOC deck for today

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QVF84vF1wo3NiA5VtreaHy5EyLOY4pG1DQdiM2Exb_w/edit?ts=5817689d#slide=id.gd5ae4e962_2_136

Here's the latest draft for your review:

Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

On Nov 1, 2016, at 17:25, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> wrote:

Hi

I'm hoping that we can dedicate most of tomorrow's call to the Graduation
criteria and see if we can't nail them down together.

Alexis

Re: Tomorrow's TOC agenda

Dan Kohn <dan@...>