Date

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

Camille Fournier

+1 looks good!

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Bryan Cantrill via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 -- and like others, glad that there are guidelines that give the TOC some flexibility.

         - Bryan

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

+1 -- and like others, glad that there are guidelines that give the TOC some flexibility.

         - Bryan

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

alexis richardson

Thank you

Please could you repost to public toc list?

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, 17:03 Brian Grant, <briangrant@...> wrote:
YES/+1

Note that a single file of committers is too simplistic for large projects, but that's not required by the criteria, so I don't see it as a blocker.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

Brian Grant

YES/+1

Note that a single file of committers is too simplistic for large projects, but that's not required by the criteria, so I don't see it as a blocker.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

alexis richardson

Thank you

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, 16:57 Solomon Hykes, <solomon.hykes@...> wrote:
+1

I will add that there is a risk of confusion between "inception
projects" and "incubated projects", so CNCF should take special care
to clearly advertise the difference. As long as that is done, I am
comfortable with this.

<cncf-toc@...> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria
> with special care.
>
> alexis
>

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc
> <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
>>
>> We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation
>> criteria.
>>
>> Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have
>> additional concerns.
>>

>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l6e-hW7C3S6xJjGn47hUKKxeFBxiamAK7kn5efSryxY
>> --
>> Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
>> Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io>
>> tel:+1-415-233-1000

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

Solomon Hykes

Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

Benjamin Hindman

+1 from me!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Watch the Video .See how Verizon is tackling
IoT with DC/OS

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

alexis richardson

+1 from me too

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 3:57 PM Kenneth Owens (kenowens) via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1

Kenneth Owens

CTO

kenowens@...

Tel: +1 408 424 0872

Cisco Systems, Inc.

16401 Swingley Ridge Road Suite 400
CHESTERFIELD
63017
United States
cisco.com

Think before you print.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

+1

banner2

Kenneth Owens

CTO

kenowens@...

Tel: +1 408 424 0872

Cisco Systems, Inc.

16401 Swingley Ridge Road Suite 400
CHESTERFIELD
63017
United States
cisco.com

Think before you print.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: GRPC project proposal

Brian Grant

Thanks much.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
The proposal has baked enough on gdocs and I've moved it to GitHub to prep for a vote:

Final RFC from the CNCF TOC + wider CNCF community before we call for a formal vote later next week.

Have a great weekend!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The GRPC project proposal is complete:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fM-8mwS6-fqnqO3kYuOcL8L4ETs9Ji5qqmNJM4lOaIo/edit#

The project has already been presented, so I believe the next step is to move to a vote.

Re: GRPC project proposal

Chris Aniszczyk

The proposal has baked enough on gdocs and I've moved it to GitHub to prep for a vote:

Final RFC from the CNCF TOC + wider CNCF community before we call for a formal vote later next week.

Have a great weekend!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The GRPC project proposal is complete:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fM-8mwS6-fqnqO3kYuOcL8L4ETs9Ji5qqmNJM4lOaIo/edit#

The project has already been presented, so I believe the next step is to move to a vote.

Meet

Randy Abernethy

Sitting in aquaknox lounge just outside of expo

CloudNativeCon/KubeCon Berlin 3/29-30 & Austin 12/6-7, & NW Roadshow

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

Please mark you calendars for CloudNativeCon/KubeCon 2017 in Berlin and Austin. Early bird registration for Berlin ends December 9th, which can save you $450.

CloudNativeCon/KubeCon Europe
Berlin, Germany
March 29 + 30, 2017
Call for Papers closes on December 16

CloudNativeCon/KubeCon North America
Austin, Texas (USA)
December 6 + 7, 2017

2017 diamond sponsorships sold out for both events, so please look at the remaining options. Note that CNCF members sponsoring both events get 5% off.

Berlin Call for Papers closes December 16, 2016. Please submit your proposal for a presentations, panel, BoF or lightning talk.

Finally, please note that CNCF will be running our first roadshow in January, a format we are hoping to replicate around the world.

Cloud Native / Kubernetes 101 Roadshow: Pacific Northwest
January 24-26, 2017
Vancouver, Seattle, & Portland
100 to 200 new end-users, developers, and other potential community members x 3 cities

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

Call For VOTE -- Graduation criteria

alexis richardson

Hi all

I'm calling for a vote on this.  Please scrutinise the Inception criteria with special care.

alexis

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:02 AM Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We believe we're Ready to call for a vote on the project graduation criteria.

Could TOC members and others please add comments to the doc if they have additional concerns.

Re: GRPC project proposal

Chris Aniszczyk

Thanks Brian! I'll eventually move this to GitHub formally after some community discussion.

Let's leave things open for CNCF wide community discussion this week, with a goal of formally calling a vote early next week.

Thanks again!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The GRPC project proposal is complete:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fM-8mwS6-fqnqO3kYuOcL8L4ETs9Ji5qqmNJM4lOaIo/edit#

The project has already been presented, so I believe the next step is to move to a vote.

GRPC project proposal

Brian Grant

The GRPC project proposal is complete:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fM-8mwS6-fqnqO3kYuOcL8L4ETs9Ji5qqmNJM4lOaIo/edit#

The project has already been presented, so I believe the next step is to move to a vote.

First CNCF Webinar Announced - Jamie Dobson from Container Solutions on 'Cloud Native Strategy'

Mark Coleman <mark@...>

TOC Members,

I would appreciate your support in sharing this webinar with your companies, clients and communities:

Kicking off with a busy webinar will help to gain traction for the rest of the series.

Any questions, let me know. Thanks in advance.
--
Mark Coleman

T. +31 652134960

CFP: Devrooms at FOSDEM 2017 (closes Nov 26th)

Chris Aniszczyk

Just a friendly reminder that we are sponsoring FOSDEM next year and have two devrooms led by community members: https://www.cncf.io/event/fosdem-2017

They have an open CFP atm: https://goo.gl/forms/bbfCH14ido5kMD4H3

Also, feel free to tweet away:

I hope to see some of you in Brussels next year!

Re: meet at Re:invent?

Eduardo Silva

FYI: Treasure Data (Fluentd) will be at re:Invent and will host an after-party at Tao Night Club (best club in Last Vegas). TD is extending the invitation to CNCF members, if you are interested into participate, please register your self in the following link:

  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aws-reinvent-tao-after-party-tickets-27396529758

regards,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Mark Brandon via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The Supergiant/Qbox team will be at re:invent in force.

Mark Brandon   CEO and Co-Founder, Qbox, Inc.
photoEmail:mailto:mark@...
Website:http://qbox.io/

I do not plan to be there but can adjust if required.