Date

Re: [VOTE] CNI project proposal (incubation)

Andrew Randall

Non-binding +1

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

The CNI (Container Network Interface) project consists of a specification and libraries for writing plugins to configure network interfaces in Linux containers, along with a number of supported plugins. CNI concerns itself only with network connectivity of containers and removing allocated resources when the container is deleted. Because of this focus, CNI has a wide range of support (from Kubernetes, rkt, Mesos and more) and the specification is simple to implement (https://github.com/containernetworking/cni/blob/master/SPEC.md)

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:

Andrew Randall
CEO
Tigera, Inc.
510-520-0999

[VOTE] CNI project proposal (incubation)

The CNI (Container Network Interface) project consists of a specification and libraries for writing plugins to configure network interfaces in Linux containers, along with a number of supported plugins. CNI concerns itself only with network connectivity of containers and removing allocated resources when the container is deleted. Because of this focus, CNI has a wide range of support (from Kubernetes, rkt, Mesos and more) and the specification is simple to implement (https://github.com/containernetworking/cni/blob/master/SPEC.md)

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:

PRE-DRAFT: CNCF TOC Goals and Operating Principles

alexis richardson

Hi

Out of a desire to start writing down more how CNCF works, and what
our principles are, Brian, Ken and I pulled some ideas into a doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yl3IPpZnEWJRaXSBsTQ22ymQF57N5x_nHVHvmJdAj9Y/edit

Comments are solicited.

Please don't be too harsh - this is just the first iteration.

alexis

k8s SIG diagram

Chris Aniszczyk

I thought this diagram from Brian is worth sharing with the wider CNCF community:

http://aniszczyk.org
+1 512 961 6719

Re: [Update] CNCF Networking Workgroup

waterman

I will also need one. Thanks a lot

Re: FYI: Updated CNCF TOC Meeting Time

Ihor Dvoretskyi

Great, thanks!

On Sat, May 6, 2017, 11:34 PM <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
the MC meeting will move to Wed, we will take care of the meeting time change soon

On May 6, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Ihor Dvoretskyi <ihor.dvoretskyi@...> wrote:

Chris, can we align the CNCF Marketing meeting time as well? It is unlikely to have TOC and Marketing meetings happening​ at the same time.

On May 4, 2017 8:34 PM, "Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
At the last CNCF TOC meeting, the TOC decided to update meeting times to the first and third Tuesday of the month. I've updated the TOC README with the new info:

There's also a public gcal now you can add now: https://goo.gl/eyutah

The next meeting will now be 5/16/17 @ 8am PT, see everyone then!

In June it will now be 6th and the 20th.

Thanks.

[...]

I'll make sure you're added to the actual invite

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Camille Fournier <skamille@...> wrote:
Can you send updated invites for both times? We only have first Tuesday right now

On May 4, 2017 3:54 PM, "Brian Grant via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Thanks, all!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
At the last CNCF TOC meeting, the TOC decided to update meeting times to the first and third Tuesday of the month. I've updated the TOC README with the new info:

There's also a public gcal now you can add now: https://goo.gl/eyutah

The next meeting will now be 5/16/17 @ 8am PT, see everyone then!

In June it will now be 6th and the 20th.

Thanks.

Re: FYI: Updated CNCF TOC Meeting Time

Camille Fournier

Can you send updated invites for both times? We only have first Tuesday right now

On May 4, 2017 3:54 PM, "Brian Grant via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Thanks, all!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
At the last CNCF TOC meeting, the TOC decided to update meeting times to the first and third Tuesday of the month. I've updated the TOC README with the new info:

There's also a public gcal now you can add now: https://goo.gl/eyutah

The next meeting will now be 5/16/17 @ 8am PT, see everyone then!

In June it will now be 6th and the 20th.

Thanks.

CNI RFC

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

The CNCF TOC has decided to invite CNI for a project proposal to CNCF and I will be the TOC sponsor. We plan on holding an official TOC vote later next week after some RFC from the wider CNCF community: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/36

Thanks and kind regards,

Ken

banner2

Kenneth Owens

CTO

kenowens@...

Tel: +1 408 424 0872

Cisco Systems, Inc.

16401 Swingley Ridge Road Suite 400
CHESTERFIELD
63017
United States
cisco.com

Think before you print.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

Re: CNCF + Summer of Code: Welcoming 7 Students

Sebastien Goasguen <sebgoa@...>

Welcome and congratulations to all,

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 12:46 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
As a heads up, we will have 7 students working with us over the summer on several CNCF projects: https://twitter.com/CloudNativeFdn/status/860217616379629569

K8S: Create and Implement a Data Model to Standardize Kubernetes Logs
K8S: Develop a Set of Jupyter Notebooks for the Kubernetes + Python Client Update
K8S: Improve ThirdPartyResources
K8S: Integrate Unikernel Runtime
CoreDNS: Middleware
OpenTracing: Instrument OpenTracing with Go-restful Web Framework
Prometheus: Storage and Query Engine Improvements to Prometheus

Anyways, please welcome the students to the CNCF community!

Sebastien Goasguen

Senior Director of Cloud Technologies, Bitnami

+41 79 367 38 25

@sebgoa

Run your favorite apps in the cloud with http://bitnami.com/cloud

Confidential - All Rights Reserved.

BitRock © 2017

CNCF + Summer of Code: Welcoming 7 Students

Chris Aniszczyk

As a heads up, we will have 7 students working with us over the summer on several CNCF projects: https://twitter.com/CloudNativeFdn/status/860217616379629569

K8S: Create and Implement a Data Model to Standardize Kubernetes Logs
K8S: Develop a Set of Jupyter Notebooks for the Kubernetes + Python Client Update
K8S: Improve ThirdPartyResources
K8S: Integrate Unikernel Runtime
CoreDNS: Middleware
OpenTracing: Instrument OpenTracing with Go-restful Web Framework
Prometheus: Storage and Query Engine Improvements to Prometheus

Anyways, please welcome the students to the CNCF community!

Re: FYI: Updated CNCF TOC Meeting Time

Brian Grant

[...]

Re: New CNCF TOC call time

Chris Aniszczyk

Clint, we can bring up moving the MC meeting potentially at the next MC call.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We already discussed this, and decided that we couldn't be blocked on
that.  I don't think there is any other time that all the TOC can
make.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Kitson, Clinton <Clinton.Kitson@...> wrote:
> I believe the 1st Tuesday of the month at 8a PST is already slotted for the CNCF Marketing Committee meeting. It would be great to not overlap the TOC meeting with this.
>

> Clint Kitson
> Technical Director
> {code} by Dell EMC
> CNCF Governing Board Member
> ---
> email: Clinton.Kitson@...
> mobile: "+1 424 645 4116"
> team: codeDellEMC.com
> twitter: "@clintonskitson"

Re: New CNCF TOC call time

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

Clint, Alexis and I discussed and I am planning to propose that we move the marketing meetings to Wednesday (i.e., swap the times).

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
We already discussed this, and decided that we couldn't be blocked on
that.  I don't think there is any other time that all the TOC can
make.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Kitson, Clinton <Clinton.Kitson@...> wrote:
> I believe the 1st Tuesday of the month at 8a PST is already slotted for the CNCF Marketing Committee meeting. It would be great to not overlap the TOC meeting with this.
>

> Clint Kitson
> Technical Director
> {code} by Dell EMC
> CNCF Governing Board Member

[...]