Date

this week's agenda

alexis richardson

Hi all

Please email me if you have items for this week's TOC.

I'm drafting an agenda, which currently will cover some of the following...

1. Quick readout from Tahoe
2. CTA - Project Proposals Please
    --> we may have a project proposal
3. Collaboration with initial projects "as we work out the rules"
    --> some issues have arisen here
4. Sales Pitch to new projects
5. People want to help...

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
All,

I just spoke with Chris A and we'd both like to cancel this week's TOC call please.

Because:

1. Our main task from last week isn't finished yet --- please do VOTE on the project proposal that Jon et al. drafted.  Your +1 (or not) must be on the public CNCF TOC list...
2. I'm travelling during the call, as I return from vacation...

For next week, we need to:

1. Ramp up on "why CNCF?" for propective CNCF projects
2. Ramp up on "development process", with help from joining projects
3. Start on our list of projects...

In the TOC we set up informal working groups for each of these.   One takeaway from last week's meeting in Tahoe was that many CNCF people want to help with 1&2, especially 1. Let's all make sure we are reaching out to them and to contacts in our wider community networks, to that end.

Chris A, Sarah N, Sarah S,

Do you want to share any other takeaways from Tahoe?

alexis

agenda for TOC next week

alexis richardson

all

thanks for your patience during the two week "break" due to the Ljnux Summit etc.

I'll publish an agenda early next week, so please LMK if you have anything you'd like to table.  as a starting point, please see "for next week" below.

[...]

Reminder: Call cancelled tomorrow

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

Just a reminder to folks that tomorrow's TOC call is cancelled. We'll resume again the following week.

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager

CNCF: speaker’s bureau survey/list creation

Natasha Woods <nwoods@...>

Hi Everyone,

It was very nice to meet a few of you last week at Collab Summit.

As many of you know, Sarah Conway and I are working on building a strong PR base for CNCF and part of this base is building a speaker’s bureau of members we can tap for media, blog and conference presentation opportunities.

We have created a quick survey to collect member information for the speaker’s bureau, which include previous speaking engagements, topics of interest, regional location, and upcoming events.

If you and/or one of your company executives are interested in participating, please take a minute to fill out the survey: https://docs.google.com/a/linuxfoundation.org/forms/d/1FzXbaJ1lrmCnh9Nue8amnlQ9yzwBGv3STsFSgZpLDNE/viewform

We will compile all data into a speaker’s bureau of members and make available on the Google drive for future opportunities.

Thank you for your participation.

Best,

Natasha

Natasha Woods

Senior PR Manager

The Linux Foundation
nwoods@...

(415) 312-5289 Cell (Pacific Time)

Re: Important: RFC: Project Proposal Process v1.0

alexis richardson

Thanks Chris!

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 07:56 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
There are enough votes in to qualify for this to pass, I tallied them here:

I plan to merge this in soon so we can start iterating on the dev process v1.0 in the upcoming meetings:

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The PR has been updated to incorporate feedback.

+1

From: Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Monday, April 4, 2016 at 3:44 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Important: RFC: Project Proposal Process v1.0

If you have feedback on the proposal, please leave comments on the PR.

If you haven't accepted the github invitation to the org/team, please do so.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Camille Fournier via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+1

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 2:24 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Dear TOC members with votes, please speak out!

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Jonathan Boulle via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:06 PM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
To follow up our discussion after the last TOC meeting, here's a version of what we discussed in the google document put into final GitHub form: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/add-proposal-process/process/project_proposals.adoc

The pull request is here:

TOC members, please review the PR and provide any updates so we can finalize it on Monday with a vote.

Re: Important: RFC: Project Proposal Process v1.0

Chris Aniszczyk

From: Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Monday, April 4, 2016 at 3:44 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Elissa Murphy <elissam@...>

+1

From: Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Monday, April 4, 2016 at 3:44 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Re: TOC important - please vote; and no conference call this week

alexis richardson

Solomon

Sarah Saul should have added you a couple of weeks ago. Let us know if not..

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 09:02 Chris Aniszczyk, <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Here you go Solomon: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/2

You should be on the mailing list + github organization (look for an invite in the mail)

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Solomon Hykes <solomon.hykes@...> wrote:
Hi all, I would love to vote but haven't received any messages from the list, I'm guessing that I haven't been added yet?

On Monday, April 4, 2016, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
[...]

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

+1 on proposal

Kenneth Owens
CTO
Cisco Intercloud Services
kenowens@...
Phone: +1 408 424 0872
Mobile: +1 314 591 5708

Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

[...]

Solomon Hykes

[...]

Re: RFC: Project Proposal Process v1.0

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

+1

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:06 PM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
To follow up our discussion after the last TOC meeting, here's a version of what we discussed in the google document put into final GitHub form: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/add-proposal-process/process/project_proposals.adoc

The pull request is here:

TOC members, please review the PR and provide any updates so we can finalize it on Monday with a vote.

Re: RFC: Project Proposal Process v1.0

alexis richardson

LGTM

+1 for moving forward with this, and opening the doors to proposals, official like

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
friendly ping here as I'd love to kick off a vote on this today.

feel free to vote here on the mailing list with a "+1"

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
To follow up our discussion after the last TOC meeting, here's a version of what we discussed in the google document put into final GitHub form: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/add-proposal-process/process/project_proposals.adoc

The pull request is here:

TOC members, please review the PR and provide any updates so we can finalize it on Monday with a vote.

Re: [cncf-marketing] my slides from Linux Collab Summit today

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

Perfect! Great job Alexis!