Re: TOC -- please VOTE

James Tauber

YES

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Kenneth Owens (kenowens) via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

YES

Kenneth Owens
CTO
Cisco Intercloud Services
kenowens@...
Phone: +1 408 424 0872
Mobile: +1 314 591 5708

Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Sarah Novotny via cncf-toc
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 4:19 AM
To: Alexis Richardson
Cc: cncf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] TOC -- please VOTE

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

TOC Members

We are rerunning the Kubernetes vote following some amendments. We are looking for a unanimous YES across voting members of the TOC, in support of accepting Kubernetes into CNCF.  If we all vote YES then the aim is to be able to make the statement below ("Target:...").

Sarah

Please could you share the Kubernetes project's proposal for joining the CNCF, by posting the document (or a link) to this mailing list....?

Here's a link to the proposal document.  If there's more information that any of you want, please feel free to reach out.

alexis

**********

Target: CNCF announcement on Thursday 10th March at Kubecon

“On behalf of the CNCF TOC:

We have accepted Kubernetes into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. While Kubernetes is the first project to be accepted, our intention is to welcome many open source projects into the foundation. Our remit is broad and we encourage applicants across the spectrum of cloud native, containers and microservices technology.

We now invite the Kubernetes community to work with the TOC to help shepherd the project through a formal transition to the foundation.  All CNCF projects will pass through the same process of Incubation(**).

The first step is that Google transfer copyright and trademarks(*) associated with Kubernetes to the Linux Foundation. When this is complete, the TOC will work with the Kubernetes community to finalise the project governance model.

In summary: we are pleased to announce that Kubernetes is now an Incubated Project(**) at the CNCF.”

(*) Sarah Novotny will provide a complete list of assets.  Our understanding is that a "yes" vote will lead to Google initiating the IP transfers to LF for the CNCF.
(**) A full and formal definition of "Incubation” and “Incubated Project” will be published by the CNCF TOC.

James Tauber
CEO, Eldarion, Inc
http://eldarion.com/

Re: TOC -- please VOTE

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

[...]

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

yes

Camille Fournier via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> schrieb am Di., 8. März 2016 14:39:

Yes

On Mar 8, 2016 7:29 AM, "Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
thanks very much Sarah!

TOC voting members,

My vote is YES.

Over to you....

alexis

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Sarah Novotny <sarahnovotny@...> wrote:

[...]

Camille Fournier

[...]

alexis richardson

[...]

Re: TOC vote on Kubernetes

Benjamin Hindman

Yes

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
To the TOC members,

Please indicate your vote on the acceptance of Kubernetes as a CNCF project by saying YES or NO.  Today we are seeking unanimous support, from all TOC voting members, for the following statement.

“The TOC has accepted Kubernetes into the CNCF. Google may now transfer copyright and trademarks(*) associated with Kubernetes to the Linux Foundation. Kubernetes is now an Incubated Project(**) at the CNCF. The TOC is working with the Kubernetes community to finalise the project governance model.”

(*) Sarah Novotny will provide a complete list of assets.  Our understanding is that a "yes" vote will lead to Google initiating the IP transfers to LF for the CNCF.
(**) The TOC will define "Incubated Project" asap

NOTE: This is a special process that we have introduced for Kubernetes as the first CNCF project. For later projects, we (the TOC) intend to use a more formal process.

If you have questions or comments, speak up!

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Re: TOC vote on Kubernetes

alexis richardson

Just to be clear, the "TOC members" refers to members of the TOC, not members of the mailing list cncf-toc....!

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Gou Rao <grao@...> wrote:
Yes

Gou Rao <grao@...>

[...]

draft agenda for next week TOC call

Draft agenda for next week's call.  Please let me know if there is anything I have missed.  I'll finalise slides next week.  This email also acts as a gentle reminder for the Workgroups.

---

Voting
* Progress towards final set of TOC members
* Update on k8s and CNCF (we should have voted by then)

Reporting
* Report from Bryan on Cluster (if any)

Eventing
* Kubecon update
* LF Summit update

Working
* CNCF - what's in it for new projects
* Proposals process
* Project development process

AOB

Re: TOC vote on Kubernetes

alexis richardson

All,

Please be patient on this.  Turns out that a few people had questions that I'm chasing down.  Update to come.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...> wrote:
Yes.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

CNCF TOC Meeting Notes 3/2/2016

Chris Aniszczyk

Here are the slides/notes from the TOC meeting today:

Here are some notable things discussed:
- Alexis Richardson was elected as TOC Chair
- 3 working groups formed
- initial discussion around cluster governance proposal

We will me again next week on 3/9

Re: TOC vote on Kubernetes

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

TOC vote on Kubernetes

alexis richardson

[...]

Re: Fun Friday reading

alexis richardson

+1 --- CI and testing is a way that CNCF can provide more help via infra/services, than a typical other foundation.  Certainly I have wished for access to scalable test infra myself, many times in the past.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
It's a bit early to chat CI within the CNCF IMHO, but it's definitely a service we can potentially offer.

We have a 1000+ node community cluster donated via Intel/Supernap that can be used for this purpose easily.

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Michael Richmond via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Alexis,
Lots of good strategies in the node.js post. Adopting many of those ideas integrated together with a CI system could be a useful approach. I have in mind something like the OpenStack CI system where creating a pull-request triggers an automated build and test execution. This automated build/test could write a link to the build log and a red/green indicator to the pull-request.

Do you have any thoughts about how a CNCF toolchain/CI approach could fit into this community model?

Regards,
Michael Richmond

michael richmond | cloud technology architect | infoblox | mrichmond@...

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 15:05
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Fun Friday reading

Hi all

Some more Recent Prior Art we could learn from...

1. MariaDB

Notable because it employs a developer, Monty.  I personally do NOT think that the CNCF should employ developers in this way.  However, I thought the raisons d'etre might be worth a quick glance.  For example number one is "helping new contributors..."

2. Node.js

"helping new contributors" is taken to a greater extreme here.  Have a plough through this.  It is quite a long read but may be worth stealing ideas from.

Re: Fun Friday reading

Chris Aniszczyk

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 15:05
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

Hi all

Some more Recent Prior Art we could learn from...

1. MariaDB

Notable because it employs a developer, Monty.  I personally do NOT think that the CNCF should employ developers in this way.  However, I thought the raisons d'etre might be worth a quick glance.  For example number one is "helping new contributors..."

2. Node.js

"helping new contributors" is taken to a greater extreme here.  Have a plough through this.  It is quite a long read but may be worth stealing ideas from.

http://aniszczyk.org
+1 512 961 6719

6221 - 6240 of 6293