Date

Mozilla Open Source Support (MOSS): Now Open To All Projects | The Mozilla Blog

alexis richardson

apache foundation security

Camille Fournier

http://www.apache.org/security/

An example model for having foundation support for vulnerability management and mitigation

Re: Slides for TOC Call: 5/11/16

alexis richardson

In particular, note that I linked to some slides on the "how CNCF adds value to projects" topic

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Sarah Saul via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Here are the slides/agenda for today's call.

TOC Call- 5/11/16
8AM PT
Optional dial in number: 646-494-8704
No PIN needed

Speak with you all in about 20 minutes.

Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
(M) 520-245-5185
Skype: srsaul

Slides for TOC Call: 5/11/16

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

Here are the slides/agenda for today's call.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1olmQk5Xvp9xlLbVjNA3QP1mZU4p4yj_FAfUTFgr-9cA/edit?ts=572a21b3#slide=id.gd5ae4e962_2_136

TOC Call- 5/11/16
8AM PT
Optional dial in number: 646-494-8704
No PIN needed

Speak with you all in about 20 minutes.

Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
(M) 520-245-5185
Skype: srsaul

subscribe

Sengor Kusturica <sengork@...>

Call tomorrow

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

I have a 7:30 presentation tomorrow morning (!) and can't make the call tomorrow, with my apologies!

        - Bryan

Re: VOTE "incubation principle"

Elissa Murphy <elissam@...>

+1

Thx,

From: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Monday, May 9, 2016 at 1:02 PM
To: Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] VOTE "incubation principle"

oh well in that case:

YES

now we are six.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Sarah Saul <ssaul@...> wrote:
Just recapping the current vote for record keeping purposes.

Binding TOC votes:

Non-binding community votes:

On Mon, May 9, 2016 12:55 PM, Alexis Richardson alexis@... wrote:
Sarah

Please could you summarise the votes to date.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 8:39 PM, Sarah Saul via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hello TOC members,

Friendly reminder to vote on the “incubation principle” if you haven't already done so. We have 5 out of the 9 TOC votes.

+1 (non binding)

Best,
Sarah

On Fri, May 6, 2016 11:08 AM, Brian Grant via cncf-toc cncf-toc@... wrote:
YES

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

TOC voters,

Per our call this week, we wish to record support for the “incubation principle” via a vote on a formal statement.

Please indicate your vote on when a project is promoted from Incubation by saying YES or NO. Today we are seeking unanimous support, from all TOC voting members, for the following statement. If this vote is passed then we shall record the principle in appropriate venues such as the CNCF development process (which is still being worked out).

alexis

----
“1. The time when becoming a CNCF Project is irrevocable is when a project is promoted from Incubation

2. Prior to this a project may choose to leave, or be asked to leave.

The TOC might change this rule in the future but for now it has a clear rationale: it enables new projects to have a safety valve. Before the TOC has finalised its modus operandi and how we help CNCF projects, we want projects to join CNCF and help us shape our model. So we are asking projects to join despite this uncertainty. In return we provide a safety valve.”
----

FYI: Stemmed from the April 13th discussion: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-April/000131.html

Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
(M) 520-245-5185
Skype: srsaul

Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
(M) 520-245-5185
Skype: srsaul

Re: VOTE "incubation principle"

alexis richardson

Matt,

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Matt T. Proud ⚔ <matt.proud@...> wrote:
This is sensible as a safety mechanism.  I appreciate the consideration.

Thanks.

Apologies if it has been defined elsewhere, but has a standard period/duration been prescribed for the incubation period, or is the promotion to be proposed on an ad hoc basis?  Also: what is the notice period between proposal of promotion and its effectuation, if at all?

We are still working on these things.

FWIW, I don't think it will be possible to presuppose a single duration.  I would hope we can avoid the antipattern where a project get stuck in perpetual incubation.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:02 PM Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

Matt T. Proud

[...]

+1 Ben Hindman: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000196.html
+1 Ken Owens: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000197.html
+1 Jonathan Boulle: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000199.html
+1 Camille Fournier: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000200.html
+1 Brian Grant: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000201.html

Non-binding community votes:
+1 Sarah Saul: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000202.html

[...]

Brian Grant

[...]

On May 6, 2016 7:05 AM, "Jonathan Boulle via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+1

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

[...]

[RESULT] Prometheus accepted as a CNCF project

Chris Aniszczyk

Just recapping the vote for record keeping purposes.

binding TOC votes:
+1 Jonathan Boulle http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000174.html
+1 Bryan Cantrill http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000187.html
+1 Camille Fournier http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000191.html
+1 Brian Grant http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000181.html
+1 Ben Hindman http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000192.html
+1 Solomon Hykes http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000193.html
+1 Elissa Murphy http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000180.html
+1 Ken Owens http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000179.html
+1 Alexis Richardson http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000177.html

non-binding community votes:
+1 Chris Aniszczyk http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000175.html
+1 John Lawler http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000178.html
+1 Chenxi Wang http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-May/000185.html

Thank you everyone who voted. We'll work with the Prometheus community to get the project provisioned under the CNCF umbrella over the next weeks.

Re: VOTE "incubation principle"

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

YES

Kenneth Owens
CTO
Cisco Intercloud Services
kenowens@...
Phone: +1 408 424 0872
Mobile: +1 314 591 5708

Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

[...]

Benjamin Hindman

+1!

[...]

Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

VOTE "incubation principle"

alexis richardson

[...]

6141 - 6160 of 6355