Date

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Solomon Hykes

+1

On Friday, September 1, 2017, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Benjamin Hindman

+1

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 7:53 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Re: Notary comparison with other systems

alexis richardson

thanks Patrick

Just spoke with Vincent, who is going to send in a bit more feedback.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...> wrote:
You can find the comparison at
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/38#issuecomment-326689872

P@

Notary comparison with other systems

Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...>

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Von Gosling <vongosling@...>

+1 (non-binding)

Best Regards,
Von Gosling, vongosling@...

在 2017年9月1日,21:53,Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> 写道:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Paul Fischer

+1 (non binding)

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2017, at 12:38 PM, Joe Beda via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

I've been talking with Matt and Envoy is a great piece of tech!

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 10:12 AM Taha Ozket via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Alex Chircop via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Taha Ozket
Senior IT Consultant taha.ozket@...

ACEDEMAND IT Consulting Services http://www.acedemand.com
Maslak Eclipse A 164 Tel: +90-212 803 0 231
Maslak / ISTANBUL Mobile: +90-532 683 43 37

CNCF TOC Agenda 9/5/2017

Chris Aniszczyk

Just a heads up that we have a TOC meeting tomorrow, here's the agenda:

We'll discuss the status of project proposals, along with some updates from the CNCF Storage WG. Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Joe Beda

[...]

Re: RFC: TOC Election Schedules

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

I've added a set of changes, marked as suggested text, to include election of the TOC Chair every two years.

If no other concerns are raised, I'll be posting the revised text to https://github.com/cncf/toc next week. Thanks.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
Here is the proposed TOC election schedule. In September, the End User Community will be appointing their member. Then in March 2018, Brian and Solomon will be reappointed or replaced by the TOC. And in January 2019, the 6 GB-appointed TOC members will be reappointed or replaced.

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...g>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

Re: RFC: TOC Election Schedules

Bernstein, Joshua <Joshua.Bernstein@...>

Thank you for clarifying this and sending it out.

-Josh

On Sep 1, 2017, at 9:30 AM, Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Here is the proposed TOC election schedule. In September, the End User Community will be appointing their member. Then in March 2018, Brian and Solomon will be reappointed or replaced by the TOC. And in January 2019, the 6 GB-appointed TOC members will be reappointed or replaced.

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Ihor Dvoretskyi

+1 (non-binding)

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017, 4:53 PM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

On Sep 1, 2017, at 11:17 AM, Bassam Tabbara via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding). Congrats Matt and team.

On Sep 1, 2017, at 8:48 AM, Quinton Hoole via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding).

Quinton Hoole
Technical Vice President
<image001[1].png>
America Research Center
2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Tel: 408-330-4721   Cell: 408-320-8917   Office # E2-9
Email: quinton.hoole@...   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Ben Sigelman via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 08:41
To: Mark Peek <markpeek@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

excited (non-binding)!

+1

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: RFC: TOC Election Schedules

Brian Grant

LGTM. Thanks much for clarifying this.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Here is the proposed TOC election schedule. In September, the End User Community will be appointing their member. Then in March 2018, Brian and Solomon will be reappointed or replaced by the TOC. And in January 2019, the 6 GB-appointed TOC members will be reappointed or replaced.

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...g>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

RFC: TOC Election Schedules

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

Bassam Tabbara <bassam@...>

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Ben Sigelman via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 08:41
To: Mark Peek <markpeek@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Matt Klein <mklein@...>

Thank you Alexis for driving this process forward. Very exciting!

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Elaboration

As sponsors Ken and I spoke with several users of Envoy as well as conducting normal diligence.  We were greatly helped by in depth tech DD conducted by Tigers and Google.  Also three major users responded privately.

I am delighted to endorse Envoy and its team/community.

Thanks to Matt Klein for making this process swift and precise.

Alexis

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, 14:54 Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

+1

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, 14:53 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Matt Klein
Software Engineer
mklein@...

RFC: Policy for Maintainer/Dev Representation on the CNCF GB

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey CNCF TOC and wider community, we are finalizing the process for electing 2 developers/maintainers on the GB to represent our maintainer community. The policy is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XVD00w6meLPUERzslj3GaqvKBU5MTGX49D_xhXlrn0U/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great to get your feedback as we'd like to start the nomination process soon.

Personally, I'm excited to have more developer representation on the GB, it's key for us to grow and maintain a healthy community.

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Ben Sigelman via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 08:41
To: Mark Peek <markpeek@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>