Date

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Deepak Vij

+1 (non-binding)

From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2017 2:02 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

+1!

        - Bryan

Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc ---09/07/2017 05:02:32 PM---The TOC has decided to invite Jaeger (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.co

From: Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 09/07/2017 05:02 PM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719_______________________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Bassam Tabbara <bassam@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017, 22:02 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

alexis richardson

Haven't finished

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017, 19:33 Natasha Woods <nwoods@...> wrote:
Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Natasha Woods

Senior PR Manager

The Linux Foundation
nwoods@...

(415) 312-5289 Cell (Pacific Time)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Ditto ;)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017, 19:26 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+Ken's new email address so he can vote properly :)

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Natasha Woods <nwoods@...>

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

[...]

Chris Aniszczyk

+Ken's new email address so he can vote properly :)

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

CNCF Developer Seats Call for Nominations: Delayed

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>

Greetings all,

Due to air travel delays, the call for nominations for the CNCF Developer Seat for the Governing Board will be delayed until later this afternoon.

Thank you for your patience and ongoing CNCF Support.
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PT
email: afisher@...

Re: Notary comparison with other systems

alexis richardson

Dan roped in a GPG person to take a quick look & comment too.  That should suffice for a complete set of feedback.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Brian Grant <briangrant@...> wrote:
Thanks much. Reading it over now.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
thanks Patrick

Just spoke with Vincent, who is going to send in a bit more feedback.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...> wrote:
You can find the comparison at
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/38#issuecomment-326689872

P@

Re: RFC: TOC Election Schedules

Brian Grant

Thanks. Seems workable.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
I added a section saying:

Vacancies

Any vacancies will be filled by using the original selection method for that seat and the replacement will serve the remainder of the original term.

This covers both the chair position (if the chairperson isn't reappointed, the chair is vacant and will be selected by the new 9 members of the TOC) as well as vacancies of a TOC seat. As with the rest of the document, this is in keeping with the spirit and text of the charter but is still worth stating explicitly.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Brian Grant <briangrant@...> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 4:17 AM, Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I've added a set of changes, marked as suggested text, to include election of the TOC Chair every two years.

Mostly makes sense, though if we elected someone with a term that didn't align with the Chair term, such as a member with one of the initial 3-year terms, then presumably we'd also need to appoint a new chair in the event the existing chair weren't re-elected.

If no other concerns are raised, I'll be posting the revised text to https://github.com/cncf/toc next week. Thanks.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...g>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
Here is the proposed TOC election schedule. In September, the End User Community will be appointing their member. Then in March 2018, Brian and Solomon will be reappointed or replaced by the TOC. And in January 2019, the 6 GB-appointed TOC members will be reappointed or replaced.

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...g>

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

[...]

Solomon Hykes

+1

On Friday, September 1, 2017, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Benjamin Hindman

+1

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 7:53 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Re: Notary comparison with other systems

alexis richardson

thanks Patrick

Just spoke with Vincent, who is going to send in a bit more feedback.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...> wrote:
You can find the comparison at
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/38#issuecomment-326689872

P@