Date

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Arun Gupta

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Gary Brown

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Chris Wright

+1! (non-binding)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The TOC has decided to invite Jaeger (https://github.com/uber/jaeger) as an
incubation level CNCF project, sponsored by Bryan Cantrill from the TOC:

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper
(https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin
(http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for
monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context
propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis,
service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also
integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Ken Owens via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Erin Boyd

+1 (non-binding) sounds like an interesting project!

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I'll close the vote early next week to give time for other TOC members to vote in and any other non-binding community votes.

Thanks everyone for voting.

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
and that's six votes

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:53 PM Ken Owens via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...g> wrote:
+Ken's new email address so he can vote properly :)

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...g> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Chris Aniszczyk

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

alexis richardson

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

[...]

Deepak Vij

+1 (non-binding)

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

+1!

        - Bryan

Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc ---09/07/2017 05:02:32 PM---The TOC has decided to invite Jaeger (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.co

From: Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 09/07/2017 05:02 PM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

Jaeger, inspired by Google Dapper (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub36356.html) and OpenZipkin (http://zipkin.io/), is a distributed tracing system that can be used for monitoring microservice-based architectures, including distributed context propagation, distributed transaction monitoring, root cause analysis, service dependency analysis and performance / latency optimization (also integrates with OpenTracing).

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/42

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719_______________________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Jaeger project proposal (incubation)

Bassam Tabbara <bassam@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017, 22:02 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

[...]

Haven't finished

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017, 19:33 Natasha Woods <nwoods@...> wrote:
Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Natasha Woods

Senior PR Manager

The Linux Foundation
nwoods@...

(415) 312-5289 Cell (Pacific Time)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Ditto ;)

Natasha Woods <nwoods@...>

[...]

CNCF Developer Seats Call for Nominations: Delayed

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>

Greetings all,

Due to air travel delays, the call for nominations for the CNCF Developer Seat for the Governing Board will be delayed until later this afternoon.

Thank you for your patience and ongoing CNCF Support.
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PT
email: afisher@...

6021 - 6040 of 7182