Date   

Re: Notary/TUF: marshalled and ready to activate

Brian Grant
 

I am ready

On Sep 22, 2017 1:16 AM, "Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

I think we are ready to start soliciting votes for Notary.  Please shout now if you disagree, especially if you have been a TOC Contributor carrying out DD.

There were questions about TUF.

My understanding from OCI is that container signatures are expected to be attached metadata that could be associated with any popular method eg gpg, tuf.  If the OCI standardise this then they will focus on making it possible to attach signatures, rather than on picking gpg vs tuf for example.

By the same token (no pun intended) the CNCF is not, I repeat not, blessing a standard.  We should make this clear beyond the possibility of confusion.  TUF is a spec.  But we are not saying it is a standard.  See the github thread for more.

I want to thank Dan and all the DD folks for help thus far.

Are we ready to start voting?


Alexis




_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc



Re: TOC Principles pull request

alexis richardson
 

Dan,

Thank-you.   I think the TOC & community could probably get to voting soon.  It would be even better if the broader CNCF was +1 too.  Eg: GB, EUC, ...

Would it be possible for you and Todd (cc'd) to rally round some of the GB and make sure they are ok with the text?  For example Ike (cc'd) had some questions about governance that were in the g/doc comments.  

alexis


On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
The pull request has been open for 5 days, but the original document that the wording is taken from was published months ago.

Alexis, I think it's appropriate for you to call for a vote on approving the TOC principles if you're ready.

--
Dan Kohn <dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://www.cncf.io

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

GovOps? GitGov?


On Fri, 22 Sep 2017, 06:33 Brian Grant <briangrant@...> wrote:
Thanks. LGTM. There don't appear to be any comments. I'm itching to click the merge button. :-)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Thanks Dan

All, please do take a last look over the g/doc comments.  If you see discussion there that you feel is not in GH or still unresolved, please update the GH doc.

Alexis


On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 04:01 Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I took the TOC Principles document created by several TOC members and:

1. Converted it to markdown.
2. Left out the notes and comments on the budget.

The notes and comments are important (and remain in the original Google Doc), but will hopefully be addressed by the CNCF ServiceDesk and Service Dashboard that we'll be announcing in the next couple weeks.

For now, the TOC and I would appreciate your comments on the Principles themselves. If you don't think they adequately describe the way the TOC operates (and/or how it should operate), then please comment on the pull request.

Once comments are addressed, the goal is for the TOC to vote that this document represents the TOC Principles, and to have the CNCF governing board vote to endorse the Principles as well.

Rendered version

Pull request (comments welcome)

TOC Principles (i.e., the original document)

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...g>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000
_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc





Re: TOC Principles pull request

Dan Kohn <dan@...>
 

The pull request has been open for 5 days, but the original document that the wording is taken from was published months ago.

Alexis, I think it's appropriate for you to call for a vote on approving the TOC principles if you're ready.

--
Dan Kohn <dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://www.cncf.io
+1-415-233-1000 https://www.dankohn.com

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

GovOps? GitGov?


On Fri, 22 Sep 2017, 06:33 Brian Grant <briangrant@...> wrote:
Thanks. LGTM. There don't appear to be any comments. I'm itching to click the merge button. :-)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Thanks Dan

All, please do take a last look over the g/doc comments.  If you see discussion there that you feel is not in GH or still unresolved, please update the GH doc.

Alexis


On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 04:01 Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I took the TOC Principles document created by several TOC members and:

1. Converted it to markdown.
2. Left out the notes and comments on the budget.

The notes and comments are important (and remain in the original Google Doc), but will hopefully be addressed by the CNCF ServiceDesk and Service Dashboard that we'll be announcing in the next couple weeks.

For now, the TOC and I would appreciate your comments on the Principles themselves. If you don't think they adequately describe the way the TOC operates (and/or how it should operate), then please comment on the pull request.

Once comments are addressed, the goal is for the TOC to vote that this document represents the TOC Principles, and to have the CNCF governing board vote to endorse the Principles as well.

Rendered version

Pull request (comments welcome)

TOC Principles (i.e., the original document)

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000
_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc




Notary/TUF: marshalled and ready to activate

alexis richardson
 

Hi all

I think we are ready to start soliciting votes for Notary.  Please shout now if you disagree, especially if you have been a TOC Contributor carrying out DD.

There were questions about TUF.

My understanding from OCI is that container signatures are expected to be attached metadata that could be associated with any popular method eg gpg, tuf.  If the OCI standardise this then they will focus on making it possible to attach signatures, rather than on picking gpg vs tuf for example.

By the same token (no pun intended) the CNCF is not, I repeat not, blessing a standard.  We should make this clear beyond the possibility of confusion.  TUF is a spec.  But we are not saying it is a standard.  See the github thread for more.

I want to thank Dan and all the DD folks for help thus far.

Are we ready to start voting?


Alexis




Re: TOC Principles pull request

alexis richardson
 

GovOps? GitGov?


On Fri, 22 Sep 2017, 06:33 Brian Grant <briangrant@...> wrote:
Thanks. LGTM. There don't appear to be any comments. I'm itching to click the merge button. :-)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Thanks Dan

All, please do take a last look over the g/doc comments.  If you see discussion there that you feel is not in GH or still unresolved, please update the GH doc.

Alexis


On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 04:01 Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I took the TOC Principles document created by several TOC members and:

1. Converted it to markdown.
2. Left out the notes and comments on the budget.

The notes and comments are important (and remain in the original Google Doc), but will hopefully be addressed by the CNCF ServiceDesk and Service Dashboard that we'll be announcing in the next couple weeks.

For now, the TOC and I would appreciate your comments on the Principles themselves. If you don't think they adequately describe the way the TOC operates (and/or how it should operate), then please comment on the pull request.

Once comments are addressed, the goal is for the TOC to vote that this document represents the TOC Principles, and to have the CNCF governing board vote to endorse the Principles as well.

Rendered version

Pull request (comments welcome)

TOC Principles (i.e., the original document)

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000
_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc



Re: TOC Principles pull request

Brian Grant
 

Thanks. LGTM. There don't appear to be any comments. I'm itching to click the merge button. :-)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Thanks Dan

All, please do take a last look over the g/doc comments.  If you see discussion there that you feel is not in GH or still unresolved, please update the GH doc.

Alexis


On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 04:01 Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I took the TOC Principles document created by several TOC members and:

1. Converted it to markdown.
2. Left out the notes and comments on the budget.

The notes and comments are important (and remain in the original Google Doc), but will hopefully be addressed by the CNCF ServiceDesk and Service Dashboard that we'll be announcing in the next couple weeks.

For now, the TOC and I would appreciate your comments on the Principles themselves. If you don't think they adequately describe the way the TOC operates (and/or how it should operate), then please comment on the pull request.

Once comments are addressed, the goal is for the TOC to vote that this document represents the TOC Principles, and to have the CNCF governing board vote to endorse the Principles as well.

Rendered version

Pull request (comments welcome)

TOC Principles (i.e., the original document)

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000
_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc



Re: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

Benjamin Hindman
 

To be determined in the SWG meeting this week! ;-)

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Yaron Haviv <yaronh@...> wrote:

Chris/Ben,

 

What do you include in “Cloud Native Storage Landscape” is it just Block & File (CSI scope) ?

Or include Object, Scale-out Databases, Etc. (which IMO are a more natural fit for Cloud apps)

 

Yaron

 

From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@lists.cncf.io] On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:03 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Fwd: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

 

FYI for wider awareness

 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benjamin Hindman <benh@...>
Date: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Subject: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT
To: cncf-wg-storage <cncf-wg-storage@googlegroups.com>

For the CNCF SWG on 9/20 I've added two topics based on email threads and discussions that have come from the last SWG meeting and Clint and Steve's presentation to the POC:

 

Agenda:

  • Clarification on role, responsibilities, and expectations of SWG (e.g., should we write a white paper?)
  • Cloud Native Storage Landscape

I've also updated the meeting minutes. Looking forward to discussing this all with you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cncf-wg-storage" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cncf-wg-storage+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cncf-wg-storage@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cncf-wg-storage/CADcAm2vRfTLw035kNM56oct29RvdGnsy79H3VBJhuxZ79CH9zQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



 

--

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719




--
Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

All New DC/OS 1.10 


Re: my cncf contributor volunteer seems to have been missed

Chris Aniszczyk
 

sorry about that, added, but I expect people to make a comment on the sheet moving forward


On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Chris L

Thank-you for raising this.

I must gracefully step aside and gesture at my colleague, Chris A, who had volunteered to populate that list with the names from the email thread ;-)

a


On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...> wrote:

Greetings Alexis,

I just thought I would check-in on the CNCF TOC Contributors spreadsheet, and I see that I am not on it. Did you miss my volunteer for the contributors list?

Christopher



On 23 Aug 2017, at 10:02, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE via cncf-toc wrote:

Greetings,

Tigera as a company, and I, personally, are very supportive of this formalization of a contributor role. Please add me to the potential contributors list.

Christopher


On 22 Aug 2017, at 14:39, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.  

alexis

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe





--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

Yaron Haviv <yaronh@...>
 

Chris/Ben,

 

What do you include in “Cloud Native Storage Landscape” is it just Block & File (CSI scope) ?

Or include Object, Scale-out Databases, Etc. (which IMO are a more natural fit for Cloud apps)

 

Yaron

 

From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:03 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Fwd: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

 

FYI for wider awareness

 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benjamin Hindman <benh@...>
Date: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Subject: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT
To: cncf-wg-storage <cncf-wg-storage@...>

For the CNCF SWG on 9/20 I've added two topics based on email threads and discussions that have come from the last SWG meeting and Clint and Steve's presentation to the POC:

 

Agenda:

  • Clarification on role, responsibilities, and expectations of SWG (e.g., should we write a white paper?)
  • Cloud Native Storage Landscape

I've also updated the meeting minutes. Looking forward to discussing this all with you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cncf-wg-storage" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cncf-wg-storage+unsubscribe@....
To post to this group, send email to cncf-wg-storage@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cncf-wg-storage/CADcAm2vRfTLw035kNM56oct29RvdGnsy79H3VBJhuxZ79CH9zQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



 

--

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: my cncf contributor volunteer seems to have been missed

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...>
 

Ahh - so the finger pointing begins :)

Seriously, there was a big pile-on there, so not surprised that it got missed. Chris can you add me, pls?

Christopher



On 19 Sep 2017, at 12:10, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc wrote:

Chris L

Thank-you for raising this.

I must gracefully step aside and gesture at my colleague, Chris A, who had volunteered to populate that list with the names from the email thread ;-)

a


On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...> wrote:

Greetings Alexis,

I just thought I would check-in on the CNCF TOC Contributors spreadsheet, and I see that I am not on it. Did you miss my volunteer for the contributors list?

Christopher



On 23 Aug 2017, at 10:02, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE via cncf-toc wrote:

Greetings,

Tigera as a company, and I, personally, are very supportive of this formalization of a contributor role. Please add me to the potential contributors list.

Christopher


On 22 Aug 2017, at 14:39, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.  

alexis

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe


_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe


Re: my cncf contributor volunteer seems to have been missed

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...>
 

Thank’s Alexis,

There was a big pile-on there, so not surprised that it got missed. Chris, can you add me, pls

Christopher



On 19 Sep 2017, at 12:10, Alexis Richardson wrote:

Chris L

Thank-you for raising this.

I must gracefully step aside and gesture at my colleague, Chris A, who had volunteered to populate that list with the names from the email thread ;-)

a


On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...> wrote:

Greetings Alexis,

I just thought I would check-in on the CNCF TOC Contributors spreadsheet, and I see that I am not on it. Did you miss my volunteer for the contributors list?

Christopher



On 23 Aug 2017, at 10:02, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE via cncf-toc wrote:

Greetings,

Tigera as a company, and I, personally, are very supportive of this formalization of a contributor role. Please add me to the potential contributors list.

Christopher


On 22 Aug 2017, at 14:39, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.  

alexis

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe




--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe


Re: my cncf contributor volunteer seems to have been missed

alexis richardson
 

Chris L

Thank-you for raising this.

I must gracefully step aside and gesture at my colleague, Chris A, who had volunteered to populate that list with the names from the email thread ;-)

a


On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...> wrote:

Greetings Alexis,

I just thought I would check-in on the CNCF TOC Contributors spreadsheet, and I see that I am not on it. Did you miss my volunteer for the contributors list?

Christopher



On 23 Aug 2017, at 10:02, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE via cncf-toc wrote:

Greetings,

Tigera as a company, and I, personally, are very supportive of this formalization of a contributor role. Please add me to the potential contributors list.

Christopher


On 22 Aug 2017, at 14:39, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.  

alexis

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe



Re: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

alexis richardson
 

A Landscape, explained by a white paper, would be Helpful!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
FYI for wider awareness

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benjamin Hindman <benh@...>
Date: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Subject: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT
To: cncf-wg-storage <cncf-wg-storage@googlegroups.com>


For the CNCF SWG on 9/20 I've added two topics based on email threads and discussions that have come from the last SWG meeting and Clint and Steve's presentation to the POC:

Agenda:
  • Clarification on role, responsibilities, and expectations of SWG (e.g., should we write a white paper?)
  • Cloud Native Storage Landscape
I've also updated the meeting minutes. Looking forward to discussing this all with you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cncf-wg-storage" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cncf-wg-storage+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cncf-wg-storage@...om.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cncf-wg-storage/CADcAm2vRfTLw035kNM56oct29RvdGnsy79H3VBJhuxZ79CH9zQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc



CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

Chris Aniszczyk
 

FYI for wider awareness

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benjamin Hindman <benh@...>
Date: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Subject: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT
To: cncf-wg-storage <cncf-wg-storage@...>


For the CNCF SWG on 9/20 I've added two topics based on email threads and discussions that have come from the last SWG meeting and Clint and Steve's presentation to the POC:

Agenda:
  • Clarification on role, responsibilities, and expectations of SWG (e.g., should we write a white paper?)
  • Cloud Native Storage Landscape
I've also updated the meeting minutes. Looking forward to discussing this all with you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cncf-wg-storage" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cncf-wg-storage+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cncf-wg-storage@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cncf-wg-storage/CADcAm2vRfTLw035kNM56oct29RvdGnsy79H3VBJhuxZ79CH9zQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


RFC: CNCF Serverless WG Whitepaper

Chris Aniszczyk
 

I mentioned that I would share this work from the CNCF Serverless WG:
https://github.com/cncf/wg-serverless

Please take a look at it, it's a fairly detailed overview of the serverless landscape (still in draft): https://goo.gl/udD8Fx

Also please consider participating in the WG if you're interested in serverless!

Thanks!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: FYI: CNCF TOC Meeting 9/19/2017 Agenda

Quinton Hoole
 

Regarding notary/TUF due diligence, there remain some significant and legitimate concerns about the accuracy of the comparison matrix in the slide deck (for example this set of comments). Some updates have been made to the matrix in the proposal to address those specific concerns (presumably after the slide deck was prepared), but it’s not clear to me that even those updates bring the matrix to a point of being accurate.  So I don’t think it would be wise to solicit a vote on the basis of the comparison matrix in the slide deck.

Q

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Reply-To: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, September 18, 2017 at 14:15
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] FYI: CNCF TOC Meeting 9/19/2017 Agenda

Just a heads up, the TOC is meeting tomorrow, here's the agenda:


We will cover information about the TOC principles, TOC election schedule, notary due diligence, GB dev seats and more.

Here is also the TOC principles in markdown form ready for final review:

Thanks!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


FYI: CNCF TOC Meeting 9/19/2017 Agenda

Chris Aniszczyk
 

Just a heads up, the TOC is meeting tomorrow, here's the agenda:


We will cover information about the TOC principles, TOC election schedule, notary due diligence, GB dev seats and more.

Here is also the TOC principles in markdown form ready for final review:

Thanks!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

alexis richardson
 

Welcome.  Great news!


On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 18:56 Shawn Preissner via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Excited to officially have you onboard, Ihor!


On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:


As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects. 

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719
_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc
--

Shawn Preissner
Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

Cell: +1 (919)257-9591

Web: cncf.io and cncf.io/events

Sign up for our newsletter to get inspiration in your inbox: https://www.cncf.io/newsroom/newsletter

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Shawn Preissner <spreissner@...>
 

Excited to officially have you onboard, Ihor!


On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:


As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects. 

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719
_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc
--

Shawn Preissner
Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

Cell: +1 (919)257-9591

Web: cncf.io and cncf.io/events

Sign up for our newsletter to get inspiration in your inbox: https://www.cncf.io/newsroom/newsletter


Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

NASSAUR, DOUGLAS C <dn283x@...>
 

I second Patrick's comments!! Welcome!!

Regards, Doug

On Sep 18, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Patrick Chanezon via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Excellent choice: good luck in your new role Ihor!

P@

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:


As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects. 

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

_______________________________________________
cncf-toc mailing list
cncf-toc@...
https://lists.cncf.io/mailman/listinfo/cncf-toc


5921 - 5940 of 7167