Date

Re: [VOTE] rook project proposal (inception)

Jonathan Boulle <jon@...>

+1 binding

On 19 January 2018 at 15:16, Joseph Jacks <jacks.joe@...> wrote:
Non-binding +1

Re: [VOTE] rook project proposal (inception)

Joseph Jacks <jacks.joe@...>

Non-binding +1

RFC: NATS project proposal due diligence

Chris Aniszczyk

The NATS community has posted their project proposal on GitHub:

It would be great if the TOC and wider community would perform any due diligence and make any comments on GitHub:

Re: [VOTE] linkerd inception project review 2018

Brandon DuRette

+1 non binding

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018, 12:12 AM Shannon Williams <shannon@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding for me

Best Regards,

Shannon Williams

shannon@...

+1 650-521-6902

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

Hey TOC and community, we are requesting a vote to keep linkerd (https://github.com/linkerd/linkerd) as an inception project for another year based on their presentation yesterday. Here are some stats shared yesterday from the linkerd community:

* 60+ contributors; 50+ releases (2--4 week cadence); 3400+ GH stars
* 1.5m+ Docker Hub pulls; 5--10 billion requests a day
* 1400+ Slack members
* 40+ companies using Linkerd in production. Public ones include Monzo, CreditKarma, Salesforce, Expedia, BigCommerce, NCBI, PayPal, Taboola, FOX, and AOL
* Powers the Human Genome Project!

Please vote +1/-1 (remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support).

Also note that every inception project has to be reviewed on an annual basis to decide whether it will continue to be a CNCF project or potentially graduate to another level. We will have another discussion in the near future about moving/graduating linkerd to another level, along with other CNCF projects.

Duncan Johnston-Watt

Founder & Chair, Advisory Board

Phone: +44 777 190 2653 | Skype: duncan_johnstonwatt

Twitter: @duncanjw | LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/duncanjohnstonwatt

Cloudsoft Logo.jpg

Stay up to date with everything Cloudsoft:

Twitter_Logo_White_On_Blue.pngYouTube-social-icon_red_48px.png

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Rook is an open source orchestrator for distributed storage systems running in cloud native environments: https://rook.io

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/57

FYI: TOC Project Voting Queue

Chris Aniszczyk

At the TOC meeting earlier this week, the TOC has decided to invite 4 projects for voting after a lengthy community due diligence period:

We will commence voting on these projects in the order they sent in their proposal pull requests with a bit of spacing in between of about a week or so. I will be sending out the rook proposal vote shortly.

Re: [VOTE] linkerd inception project review 2018

Erin Boyd

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>

Apologies, my vote is binding.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Sam Lambert <samlambert@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...g>
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Doug Davis <dug@...>

+1 to keeping it - non-binding

"Dan Kohn" ---01/17/2018 10:58:41 PM---I think the biggest concern is that Buoyant continues to dominate development given that other compa

From: "Dan Kohn" <dan@...>
To: cncf-toc@...
Date: 01/17/2018 10:58 PM
Sent by: cncf-toc@...

https://linkerd.devstats.cncf.io/dashboard/db/companies-velocity?orgId=1

+1-415-233-1000 https://www.dankohn.com

    https://blog.envoyproxy.io/service-mesh-data-plane-vs-control-plane-2774e720f7fc

      https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/PRINCIPLES.md#no-kingmakers--one-size-does-not-fit-all

      From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
      Date:
      Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
      To:
      "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
      Subject:
      [cncf-toc] [VOTE] linkerd inception project review 2018

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...g>
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Yes, this is simply "let's keep this project going" decision.

It's in two steps because I'd like to queue up multiple projects to be reviewed to graduate/move to the next level in one TOC call. I'd also like linkerd to follow the process we've been experimenting with fluentd (https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/69) and coredns (https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/66).

That's all.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
"Why are we doing this in 2 steps? This is just a "yes, we want to
keep the project" decision?"

agreed, Chris, what's your thinking here?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io