Date   

TOC Election Result for TOC Selected Seat - 2021

Amye Scavarda Perrin
 

I'm pleased to announce the results of the TOC Election for the TOC chosen seat, please welcome Davanum Srinivas to the TOC.

Many thanks to our additional candidates for this round:
Ricardo Aravena
John Belamaric
Lachlan Evenson
Xu Wang

Finally, thank you to Michelle Noorali for her work on the TOC. 

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


TOC Meeting Agenda for 3/16

Amye Scavarda Perrin
 

Hi all, 
We'll be meeting tomorrow at 8am Pacific.
On the agenda is a discussion about the latest tech radar focusing on Secrets Management. 


[RESULT] Flux approved to move to Incubation

Amye Scavarda Perrin
 

[Result] Flux for Incubation
The Flux project has been approved for incubation. https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5680

9/11
Michelle Noorali: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5682
Sheng Liang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5684
Justin Cormack: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5686
Alena Prokharchyk: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5697
Liz Rice: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5700
Cornelia Davis: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5699
Dave Zolotusky: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5705
Lei Zhang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5720
Ricardo Rocha: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5732

+1 NB
Joe Beda: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5681
Jeff Billimek: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5683
Ken Owens: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5685
Toni Menzel: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5687
Banu A Parasuraman: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5688
Ken Sipes: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5689
Kunal Parmar: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5690
Pete Birley: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5691
Eran Leib: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5692
Thomas Schuetz: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5693
Ken Haines: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5694
Ricardo Aravena: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5695
Gadi Naor: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5696
Timothy Horner: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5698
Benjamin Ash: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5701
sandeep lahane: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5702
Stephen Augustus: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5703
Barak Stout: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5704
Philippe Robin: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5706
Kiran Mova: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5707
Scott Rigby: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5708
Angel Ramirez: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5709
Katie Gamanji: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5710
Fahad Arshad: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5711
Alois Reitbauer: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5712
Uma Mukkara: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5713
Max Jonas Werner: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5714

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Alena Prokharchyk
 

+1 binding

-alena

On Feb 25, 2021, at 10:24 AM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435 

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing 

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread. 

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Lei Zhang
 

+1 binding


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Ricardo Rocha
 

+1 binding

On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 02:29:14PM +0100, Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io wrote:
+1 binding

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:25 PM Sheng Liang via lists.cncf.io <sheng.liang=
suse.com@lists.cncf.io> wrote:

+1 binding


--
~Dave





Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Dave Zolotusky
 

+1 binding

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:25 PM Sheng Liang via lists.cncf.io <sheng.liang=suse.com@...> wrote:

+1 binding



--
~Dave


Service Mesh Interface 2021 Annual Review

Bridget Kromhout <bridget@...>
 

Hi, CNCF TOC -

The SMI maintainers have prepared https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/611 for your consideration. Thanks!

--
Bridget


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Sheng Liang <sheng.liang@...>
 

+1 binding


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Justin Cormack
 

+1 (binding)


On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 6:24 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435 

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing 

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread. 

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


Re: Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG

Kiran Mova
 

+1 NB

Have been interacting with Sheng for over 3 years now in the context of Longhorn and OpenEBS. Great choice.

Looking forward to working with Raffaele.







On Sun, Mar 7, 2021, 12:14 AM Barak Stout <bstout@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Barak Stout
Raft

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Katie Gamanji via lists.cncf.io <kgamanji=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 6:35:26 AM
To: Ricardo Rocha <ricardo.rocha@...>
Cc: Dave Zolotusky <dzolo@...>; Alena Prokharchyk <aprokharchyk@...>; Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>; CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG
 
+1 nb

Great nominations!



On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 10:43 AM, Ricardo Rocha ricardo.rocha@... wrote:

+1 binding for both candidates


On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 09:37:53AM +0100, Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io wrote:

> +1 binding for both candidates

>

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io

> <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...> wrote:

>

> > +1 binding for both candidates

> >

> > -alena

> >

> > On Mar 2, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>

> > wrote:

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > As a follow up from the TOC call today, the Storage SIG would like to

> > nominate two candidates for the tech lead role: Raffaele Spazzoli and Sheng

> > Yang. Both have been members of the SIG for a while and have been active

> > contributors - they will continue to help strengthen the community and

> > bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the group.

> >

> > Following the SIG operating model, Tech leads are assigned following a 2/3

> > majority vote of the TOC and a 2/3 majority vote of SIG Chairs.

> >

> > Short bios are listed below for convenience:

> >

> > *Raffaele Spazzoli - Tech Lead Nominee*

> > *Senior Principal Architect - Red Hat*

> >

> > Raffaele is a full-stack enterprise architect with 20+ years of

> > experience. Raffaele started his career in Italy as a Java Architect then

> > gradually moved to Integration Architect and then Enterprise Architect.

> > Later he moved to the United States to eventually become an OpenShift

> > Architect for Red Hat consulting services, acquiring, in the process,

> > knowledge of the infrastructure side of IT. Currently Raffaele covers a

> > consulting position of cross-portfolio application architect with a focus

> > on OpenShift. Most of his career Raffaele worked with large financial

> > institutions allowing him to acquire an understanding of enterprise

> > processes and security and compliance requirements of large enterprise

> > customers.

> >

> > *Sheng Yang - Tech Lead Nominee*

> > *Senior Manager, Engineering - SUSE*

> >

> > Sheng Yang is a Senior Manager and Software Architect at SUSE. He is a

> > maintainer of project Longhorn, CNCF's open-source Cloud Native distributed

> > storage solution. He joined SUSE through the Rancher Labs acquisition,

> > where he worked on Longhorn, Harvester, local path provisioner, and other

> > projects. Before Rancher Labs, he joined Citrix through the Cloud.com

> > <http://cloud.com/> acquisition, where he worked on CloudStack project

> > and CloudPlatform product. Before that, he had spent a few years as a

> > kernel developer at Intel, focused on KVM, Xen, and Linux kernel

> > development. He has worked in the fields of virtualization and cloud

> > computing for the last fourteen years.

> >

> >

> > Kind Regards,

> > Alex Chircop

> > Co-chair CNCF SIG Storage

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> --

> ~Dave

>

>

>

>

>








----
Katie Gamanji <kgamanji@...>
Ecosystem Advocate, Cloud Native Computing Foundation


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Barak Stout
 

+1 NB 

Barak Stout
Raft 


From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of JJ via lists.cncf.io <pragashjj=gmail.com@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 6, 2021 1:42:26 PM
To: Niraj Tolia <ntolia@...>
Cc: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>; CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation
 
+1 NB 

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021, 11:50 PM Niraj Tolia <ntolia@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Cheers,
Niraj

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435 

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing 

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread. 

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


Re: Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG

Barak Stout
 

+1 NB

Barak Stout
Raft


From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Katie Gamanji via lists.cncf.io <kgamanji=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 6:35:26 AM
To: Ricardo Rocha <ricardo.rocha@...>
Cc: Dave Zolotusky <dzolo@...>; Alena Prokharchyk <aprokharchyk@...>; Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>; CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG
 
+1 nb

Great nominations!



On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 10:43 AM, Ricardo Rocha ricardo.rocha@... wrote:

+1 binding for both candidates


On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 09:37:53AM +0100, Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io wrote:

> +1 binding for both candidates

>

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io

> <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...> wrote:

>

> > +1 binding for both candidates

> >

> > -alena

> >

> > On Mar 2, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>

> > wrote:

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > As a follow up from the TOC call today, the Storage SIG would like to

> > nominate two candidates for the tech lead role: Raffaele Spazzoli and Sheng

> > Yang. Both have been members of the SIG for a while and have been active

> > contributors - they will continue to help strengthen the community and

> > bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the group.

> >

> > Following the SIG operating model, Tech leads are assigned following a 2/3

> > majority vote of the TOC and a 2/3 majority vote of SIG Chairs.

> >

> > Short bios are listed below for convenience:

> >

> > *Raffaele Spazzoli - Tech Lead Nominee*

> > *Senior Principal Architect - Red Hat*

> >

> > Raffaele is a full-stack enterprise architect with 20+ years of

> > experience. Raffaele started his career in Italy as a Java Architect then

> > gradually moved to Integration Architect and then Enterprise Architect.

> > Later he moved to the United States to eventually become an OpenShift

> > Architect for Red Hat consulting services, acquiring, in the process,

> > knowledge of the infrastructure side of IT. Currently Raffaele covers a

> > consulting position of cross-portfolio application architect with a focus

> > on OpenShift. Most of his career Raffaele worked with large financial

> > institutions allowing him to acquire an understanding of enterprise

> > processes and security and compliance requirements of large enterprise

> > customers.

> >

> > *Sheng Yang - Tech Lead Nominee*

> > *Senior Manager, Engineering - SUSE*

> >

> > Sheng Yang is a Senior Manager and Software Architect at SUSE. He is a

> > maintainer of project Longhorn, CNCF's open-source Cloud Native distributed

> > storage solution. He joined SUSE through the Rancher Labs acquisition,

> > where he worked on Longhorn, Harvester, local path provisioner, and other

> > projects. Before Rancher Labs, he joined Citrix through the Cloud.com

> > <http://cloud.com/> acquisition, where he worked on CloudStack project

> > and CloudPlatform product. Before that, he had spent a few years as a

> > kernel developer at Intel, focused on KVM, Xen, and Linux kernel

> > development. He has worked in the fields of virtualization and cloud

> > computing for the last fourteen years.

> >

> >

> > Kind Regards,

> > Alex Chircop

> > Co-chair CNCF SIG Storage

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> --

> ~Dave

>

>

>

>

>








----
Katie Gamanji <kgamanji@...>
Ecosystem Advocate, Cloud Native Computing Foundation


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

JJ
 

+1 NB 


On Fri, Mar 5, 2021, 11:50 PM Niraj Tolia <ntolia@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Cheers,
Niraj

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435 

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing 

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread. 

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Niraj Tolia
 

+1 NB

Cheers,
Niraj

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The emissary-ingress project (formerly known as Ambassador) has applied for incubation. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/435 

The due diligence document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bJhfqEADNI7YSQPyi8Kmb1VvN2FaqxMFRsYvp-vZQLg/edit?usp=sharing 

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread. 

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Oleg Chornyi
 

+1 NB

--

Oleg Chornyi, CTO

ventuscloud.eu


From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice via lists.cncf.io <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 10:56 AM
To: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation
 
+1 binding 



On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 at 17:53, Johan Tordsson via lists.cncf.io <johan.tordsson=elastisys.com@...> wrote:

+1 NB

Den 2021-03-03 kl. 20:44, skrev Richard Li:
+1 NB

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Chris Short <chris@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Chris Short
He/Him/His
TZ=America/Detroit


On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:40 PM Adam FitzGerald via lists.cncf.io <adam.fitzgerald=hashicorp.com@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Regards
Adam

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 7:19 AM Flynn <flynn@...> wrote:
+1 NB
-- 
Johan Tordsson, PhD
CTO & Co-founder
www.elastisys.com


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Liz Rice
 

+1 binding 



On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 at 17:53, Johan Tordsson via lists.cncf.io <johan.tordsson=elastisys.com@...> wrote:

+1 NB

Den 2021-03-03 kl. 20:44, skrev Richard Li:
+1 NB

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Chris Short <chris@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Chris Short
He/Him/His
TZ=America/Detroit


On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:40 PM Adam FitzGerald via lists.cncf.io <adam.fitzgerald=hashicorp.com@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Regards
Adam

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 7:19 AM Flynn <flynn@...> wrote:
+1 NB
-- 
Johan Tordsson, PhD
CTO & Co-founder
www.elastisys.com


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Johan Tordsson
 

+1 NB

Den 2021-03-03 kl. 20:44, skrev Richard Li:
+1 NB

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Chris Short <chris@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Chris Short
He/Him/His
TZ=America/Detroit


On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:40 PM Adam FitzGerald via lists.cncf.io <adam.fitzgerald=hashicorp.com@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Regards
Adam

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 7:19 AM Flynn <flynn@...> wrote:
+1 NB
-- 
Johan Tordsson, PhD
CTO & Co-founder
www.elastisys.com


Re: [VOTE] Emissary-Ingress (was: Ambassador) for incubation

Kan Yao
 

+1 non-binding


Re: Tech lead nominations for CNCF Storage SIG

Sheng Yang
 

Thanks to SIG Storage for the nomination!

It was always a pleasure to work with members of SIG Storage, especially Alex, who helped a lot with Longhorn's Sandbox and Incubation applications.

Thanks a lot for the opportunity to contribute back to the community! 

--Sheng

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 3:35 AM Katie Gamanji <kgamanji@...> wrote:
+1 nb

Great nominations!



On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 10:43 AM, Ricardo Rocha ricardo.rocha@... wrote:

+1 binding for both candidates


On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 09:37:53AM +0100, Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io wrote:

> +1 binding for both candidates

>

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io

> <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...> wrote:

>

> > +1 binding for both candidates

> >

> > -alena

> >

> > On Mar 2, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>

> > wrote:

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > As a follow up from the TOC call today, the Storage SIG would like to

> > nominate two candidates for the tech lead role: Raffaele Spazzoli and Sheng

> > Yang. Both have been members of the SIG for a while and have been active

> > contributors - they will continue to help strengthen the community and

> > bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the group.

> >

> > Following the SIG operating model, Tech leads are assigned following a 2/3

> > majority vote of the TOC and a 2/3 majority vote of SIG Chairs.

> >

> > Short bios are listed below for convenience:

> >

> > *Raffaele Spazzoli - Tech Lead Nominee*

> > *Senior Principal Architect - Red Hat*

> >

> > Raffaele is a full-stack enterprise architect with 20+ years of

> > experience. Raffaele started his career in Italy as a Java Architect then

> > gradually moved to Integration Architect and then Enterprise Architect.

> > Later he moved to the United States to eventually become an OpenShift

> > Architect for Red Hat consulting services, acquiring, in the process,

> > knowledge of the infrastructure side of IT. Currently Raffaele covers a

> > consulting position of cross-portfolio application architect with a focus

> > on OpenShift. Most of his career Raffaele worked with large financial

> > institutions allowing him to acquire an understanding of enterprise

> > processes and security and compliance requirements of large enterprise

> > customers.

> >

> > *Sheng Yang - Tech Lead Nominee*

> > *Senior Manager, Engineering - SUSE*

> >

> > Sheng Yang is a Senior Manager and Software Architect at SUSE. He is a

> > maintainer of project Longhorn, CNCF's open-source Cloud Native distributed

> > storage solution. He joined SUSE through the Rancher Labs acquisition,

> > where he worked on Longhorn, Harvester, local path provisioner, and other

> > projects. Before Rancher Labs, he joined Citrix through the Cloud.com

> > <http://cloud.com/> acquisition, where he worked on CloudStack project

> > and CloudPlatform product. Before that, he had spent a few years as a

> > kernel developer at Intel, focused on KVM, Xen, and Linux kernel

> > development. He has worked in the fields of virtualization and cloud

> > computing for the last fourteen years.

> >

> >

> > Kind Regards,

> > Alex Chircop

> > Co-chair CNCF SIG Storage

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> --

> ~Dave

>

>

>

>

>








----
Katie Gamanji <kgamanji@...>
Ecosystem Advocate, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

561 - 580 of 6315