Date

Re: Feedback on Cortex presentation + call for TOC sponsors

Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...>

Thanks Bryan!

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 7:45 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...> wrote:

Just to follow up on this: after speaking with the Cortex team, I'm happy to co-sponsor them as a CNCF sandbox project!

         - Bryan

P.S.  Thanks, too, to the team for educating me as to the surprising subtitle of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein"!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...> wrote:
Hello

First off: thanks for hosting our presentation today!

This is a follow up email as per Chris' suggestion, there were some questions on the chat we didn't get a chance to answer.  Also, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to fire away - and if you'd like to sponsor us... that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Tom

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Ken Owens

+1 Binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:34 PM Junghyun Kim <kjh@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 11:57 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM, Isaac Mosquera via Lists.Cncf.Io <isaac=armory.io@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Andrew Randall <andy@...> wrote:

Andy Randall
Co-Founder, VP Business Development
Tigera
andy@... | M: +1 510-520-0999 | @andrew_randall
Follow us: Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Zero Trust Network Security & Continuous Compliance for Modern Applications

On Aug 21, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...g> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

#velocity,

I S A A C  M O S Q U E R A

Chief Technology Officer

e: isaac@...

p: 703.795.5322

t: imosquera

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Tamal Saha

-Tamal

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

iftach Schonbaum

+1 non-binding

Iftach Schonbaum

Senior Solution Architect

+972-52-8281751

cloudzone.io

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of 郑淮城 <huaicheng.zheng@...>
Date: Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 5:01
To: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

+1 non-binding

郑淮城
星环信息科技(上海)有限公司
15216615728
徐汇区虹漕路88号越虹广场B11-12

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午10:57
收件人: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

郑淮城 <huaicheng.zheng@...>

+1 non-binding

郑淮城
星环信息科技(上海)有限公司
15216615728
徐汇区虹漕路88号越虹广场B11-12

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午10:57
收件人: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

colin@...

+1 non-binding

Re: Feedback on Cortex presentation + call for TOC sponsors

Chris Aniszczyk

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

Just to follow up on this: after speaking with the Cortex team, I'm happy to co-sponsor them as a CNCF sandbox project!

         - Bryan

P.S.  Thanks, too, to the team for educating me as to the surprising subtitle of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein"!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...> wrote:
Hello

First off: thanks for hosting our presentation today!

This is a follow up email as per Chris' suggestion, there were some questions on the chat we didn't get a chance to answer.  Also, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to fire away - and if you'd like to sponsor us... that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Tom

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Daniel Bryant

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Feilong Wang <feilong@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On 22/08/18 02:57, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang@...
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Wilson, Dan <dan.wilson01@...>

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

giovanni.clement@...

+1 nb

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 21 août 2018 à 16:57, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> a écrit :

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Partha Seetala

Partha Seetala
Hyperconverged Kubernetes for Big Data, Databases and AI/ML

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Pengfei Ni

+1 (non-binding)

Best regards.

---
Pengfei Ni

王蕴博(效能平台部) <wangyunbo@...> 于2018年8月22日周三 上午10:36写道:

+1 (non-binding)

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Yong Tang <yong.tang@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午11:14
收件人: Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>
抄送: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Aug 21, 2018, at 8:13 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 15:57
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Manik Taneja <manik.taneja@...>

Manik

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: RSocket Followup (post TOC meeting)

alexis richardson

Robert

Many thanks. How likely is gRPC over RSocket? Also, what are your
thoughts on getting more language clients?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 3:44 PM, <robert@...> wrote:
Hi,

For context RSocket was started by Ben Christensen (RXJava fame) and
implemented by the Edge team not Tim’s team. All the original engineers
still work on RSocket either at Facebook or my company. It is still running
in production on Chromecast and Akira UIs at Netflix with the original
RSocket implementation. I can’t speak to future plans.

gRPC vs RSocket is not the best comparison. It is better to think about
RSocket vs HTTP/2. gRPC would easily work over RSocket. In fact it would be
cool to have gRPC over RSocket. Then you could switch transports very
easily. This would let you do cool things like gRPC over RSocket/Aeron
(Aeron tests showed double throughput with lower latency than TCP) or you
could use gRPC in a browser via websockets.

We have several ex-Netflixer at Netifi that have used both RSocket and gRPC
and they are happy to answer questions.

Thanks,
Robert

5421 - 5440 of 7729