Date

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 9:16 AM Benjamin Hindman <benh@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Follow Us Twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube

[...]

FW: [cncf-private-toc] REMINDER: project proposal vote for NATS

Owens, Ken <Ken.Owens@...>

+1 Binding

Ken Owens

Vice President

Digital Native Architecture

Mastercard

2200 Mastercard Blvd. | O'Fallon, MO 63368

mobile +1 636-542-0923

From: Lucina Stricko <lucina.stricko@...>
Date: Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 5:37 PM
Subject: [cncf-ci-public] [ANNOUNCE] Cross-cloud CI Dashboard v1.1.0 Released
To: cncf-ci-public@...

Good day, all!

The CNCF Cross-cloud CI team has released the Cross-cloud CI Dashboard v1.1.0 -- https://cncf.ci

You can learn more about this release in the Cross-cloud CI Dashboard v1.1.0 Release Notes <https://github.com/crosscloudci/crosscloudci/wiki/Release-Notes:-Dashboard-1.1.0>

Cheers,
Lucina

Lucina Stricko,
Partner vulk.coop
Product Manager crosscloud.ci

[cncf-ci-public] [ANNOUNCE] Cross-cloud CI Dashboard v1.1.0 Released

Chris Aniszczyk

FYI the cross cloud folks have been doing good work, highly recommend the TOC and wider community check it out.

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Duncan Johnston-Watt <duncan.johnstonwatt@...>

Duncan Johnston-Watt
Founder & Chair, Advisory Board | Cloudsoft Corporation
+44 777 190 2653 | @duncanjw

On 8 Mar 2018, at 15:28, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Jonathan Boulle <jon@...>

+1 binding

Am 12.03.2018 22:13 schrieb "Solomon Hykes via Lists.Cncf.Io" <solomon.hykes=docker.com@...>:

+1 binding

On Mar 8, 2018, at 5:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Solomon Hykes

+1 binding

On Mar 8, 2018, at 5:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: Good-bye & nominating Justin Cormack

alexis richardson

Solomon

Thank-you very much for your contributions to CNCF and the TOC. When
we started, we had some support from a few leaders in the industry.
Today, a lot of people are pushing CNCF forward. A big part of that
came from Docker putting their name and weight behind all this.
Thank-you for representing that here.

alexis

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:54 AM, Justin Cappos <jcappos@...> wrote:
I'd like to give a big +1 to Solomon's nomination. Justin Cormack is a
strong and vibrant part of many open source projects and would be a great
addition for the TOC.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Solomon Hykes <solomon@...> wrote:

Dear TOC friends, I wanted to let you know that, as I reach the end of my
first term, I won't be presenting myself for reelection. Instead I have
nominated Justin Cormack as a candidate to replace me.

Not only is Justin a better fit than me for this role, I think he would be
a fantastic addition to the TOC, and would be an incredible resource for the
CNCF projects. He is an open-source veteran, an active contributor to
several CNCF projects, and an endless source of knowledge, wisdom, and
empathy. He is a humble guy, which is why I'm going the extra mile in
pointing out his accomplishments - I know he won't be comfortable doing it
himself.

There are more details on Justin's qualifications in the nomination
spreadsheet. I encourage you to take a look and ask any follow-up questions
you may have. I think the TOC would be lucky to have him.

I want to thank my fellow TOC members for inviting me to be part of the
CNCF experiment. This kind of governance work is not easy, and rarely
appreciated, but it's important, and you're doing it well. A special thank
you to Alexis and Chris, for doing so much of the heavy lifting.

All the best,
Solomon

Re: Good-bye & nominating Justin Cormack

Justin Cappos

Solomon Hykes <solomon@...>

"Chris Aniszczyk" ---03/08/2018 10:28:11 AM---The TOC has decided to invite NATS (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_

From: "Chris Aniszczyk" <caniszczyk@...>
To: cncf-toc@...
Date: 03/08/2018 10:28 AM
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)
Sent by: cncf-toc@...

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

FYI: Summer of Code (GSoC) Reminder

Chris Aniszczyk

Just a reminder that the CNCF is participating in summer of code, if you know any students interested in working on our projects, please point them here: https://github.com/cncf/soc#project-ideas

Thanks.

Re: [RESULT] Sandbox proposal (PASSED)

Chris Aniszczyk

As a reminder from the TOC meeting earlier this week, the TOC is going through some final deliberation on the name based on concerns from the community and is working with the TOC Contributor community on some suggestions. A final decision will be made at the next TOC meeting.

You can follow along here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/95

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 9:50 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
The vote for the Sandbox has passed: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/92

+1 TOC binding votes (6/9):

+1 non-binding community votes:

Thank you to everyone who voted and I look forward to us evolving this process over time. As of today, the CNCF is going to update the website, documents and other marketing resources to reflect the sandbox messaging. This includes moving existing inception projects to the sandbox and also helping the current project proposals targeted for inception to be updated for the sandbox.

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

DanW@concur.com <danw@...>

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please call us immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not copy, disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.

On Mar 8, 2018 10:28 AM, "Chris Aniszczyk" <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Daniel Bryant

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On 3/8/2018 10:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Nick Chase, Head of Technical and Marketing Content, Mirantis
Editor in Chief, Open Cloud Digest Author, Machine Learning for Mere Mortals

5301 - 5320 of 7191