From: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org>
Reply: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org>
Date: 21 August 2018 at 16:57:45
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io>
Subject:  [cncf-toc] [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

The etcd project is being proposed as an INCUBATION level CNCF project,
sponsored by Brian Grant from the TOC: https://github.com/coreos/etcd

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small
amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a
separate coordination service for other distributed systems like
Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects:
https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: Feedback on Cortex presentation + call for TOC sponsors

Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...>

Thanks Bryan!

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 7:45 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...> wrote:

Just to follow up on this: after speaking with the Cortex team, I'm happy to co-sponsor them as a CNCF sandbox project!

         - Bryan

P.S.  Thanks, too, to the team for educating me as to the surprising subtitle of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein"!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...> wrote:
Hello

First off: thanks for hosting our presentation today!

This is a follow up email as per Chris' suggestion, there were some questions on the chat we didn't get a chance to answer.  Also, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to fire away - and if you'd like to sponsor us... that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Tom

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Ken Owens

+1 Binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:34 PM Junghyun Kim <kjh@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 11:57 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM, Isaac Mosquera via Lists.Cncf.Io <isaac=armory.io@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Andrew Randall <andy@...> wrote:

Andy Randall
Co-Founder, VP Business Development
Tigera
andy@... | M: +1 510-520-0999 | @andrew_randall
Follow us: Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Zero Trust Network Security & Continuous Compliance for Modern Applications

On Aug 21, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...g> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

#velocity,

I S A A C  M O S Q U E R A

Chief Technology Officer

e: isaac@...

p: 703.795.5322

t: imosquera

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Tamal Saha

-Tamal

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

iftach Schonbaum

+1 non-binding

Iftach Schonbaum

Senior Solution Architect

+972-52-8281751

cloudzone.io

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of 郑淮城 <huaicheng.zheng@...>
Date: Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 5:01
To: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

+1 non-binding

郑淮城
星环信息科技(上海)有限公司
15216615728
徐汇区虹漕路88号越虹广场B11-12

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午10:57
收件人: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

郑淮城 <huaicheng.zheng@...>

+1 non-binding

郑淮城
星环信息科技(上海)有限公司
15216615728
徐汇区虹漕路88号越虹广场B11-12

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午10:57
收件人: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

colin@...

+1 non-binding

Re: Feedback on Cortex presentation + call for TOC sponsors

Chris Aniszczyk

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

Just to follow up on this: after speaking with the Cortex team, I'm happy to co-sponsor them as a CNCF sandbox project!

         - Bryan

P.S.  Thanks, too, to the team for educating me as to the surprising subtitle of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein"!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...> wrote:
Hello

First off: thanks for hosting our presentation today!

This is a follow up email as per Chris' suggestion, there were some questions on the chat we didn't get a chance to answer.  Also, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to fire away - and if you'd like to sponsor us... that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Tom

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Daniel Bryant

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Feilong Wang <feilong@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On 22/08/18 02:57, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang@...
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Wilson, Dan <dan.wilson01@...>

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Giovanni Clement

+1 nb

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 21 août 2018 à 16:57, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> a écrit :

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Partha Seetala

Partha Seetala
Hyperconverged Kubernetes for Big Data, Databases and AI/ML

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Pengfei Ni

+1 (non-binding)

Best regards.

---
Pengfei Ni

王蕴博(效能平台部) <wangyunbo@...> 于2018年8月22日周三 上午10:36写道:

+1 (non-binding)

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Yong Tang <yong.tang@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午11:14
收件人: Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>
抄送: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Aug 21, 2018, at 8:13 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 15:57
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Manik Taneja <manik.taneja@...>

Manik