Date

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Ken Owens <kenchristineowens@...>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 3:17:07 PM
To: Quinton Hoole
Cc: Chris Aniszczyk; CNCF TOC
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

+1 Binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 3:40 PM Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:
+1 (binding)

From:Chris Aniszczyk
To:CNCF TOC,
Date:2018-11-13 00:37:29
Subject:[cncf-toc] [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Envoy has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

The Envoy community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:

- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users: Known end users include: AirBnb, Alibaba, Apple, Booking.com, Cookpad, DigitalOcean, eBay, Google, GO-JEK, GroupOn, IBM, Lyft, Medium, Microsoft, Netflix, Pinterest, Salesforce, Snap, Square, Stripe, Tencent, Twilio, Two Sigma, Uber, Verizon, VMware, VSCO, Yahoo Japan, and Yelp. Many of these logos are listed here: https://www.envoyproxy.io (this is not an exclusive list and it's likely that other organizations are also Envoy users). Envoy is being used by numerous other companies, both large and small, to build higher layer products and services. This includes Covalent, Datawire, HashiCorp, Heptio, Istio (F5 Networks, Google, IBM, RedHat, Tetrate, Tigera, VMware, etc.), Solo.io, and many others.

- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: See the current list of Envoy owners, who are also committers: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/OWNERS.md Currently, we have 11 and are on the constant lookout for new maintainers to join our ranks.

- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/graphs/contributors

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Ken Owens

From:Chris Aniszczyk
To:CNCF TOC,
Date:2018-11-13 00:37:29

[...]

Quinton Hoole

+1 (binding)

From:Chris Aniszczyk
To:CNCF TOC,
Date:2018-11-13 00:37:29

[...]

jean-christophe.counio@...

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Roman Chepurnyi

[...]

Roman

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Richard Hartmann

+1 NB, it's good to have more at that tier.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, 17:37 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@... wrote:
[...]

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

+1, binding.

        - Bryan

"Chris Aniszczyk" ---11/13/2018 12:37:23 AM---Envoy has requested to move to the graduation maturity level: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/u

From: "Chris Aniszczyk" <caniszczyk@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 11/13/2018 12:37 AM
Sent by: cncf-toc@...

- Have achieved a CII badge: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/1266

- Define a governance model: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Rob Lalonde

+1 nb

Envoy has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

The Envoy community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:

- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users: Known end users include: AirBnb, Alibaba, Apple, Booking.com, Cookpad, DigitalOcean, eBay, Google, GO-JEK, GroupOn, IBM, Lyft, Medium, Microsoft, Netflix, Pinterest, Salesforce, Snap, Square, Stripe, Tencent, Twilio, Two Sigma, Uber, Verizon, VMware, VSCO, Yahoo Japan, and Yelp. Many of these logos are listed here: https://secure-web.cisco.com/1jJ5iAiSoxhM0RdXPB9Qa1WBOuJr85MSHGIyKEmn-pZ2P9GNW66v-6_-jHeeINerdSOW7scgbxOLSMif31-NOryIDWMfOQ3FAwyzp3PFXg91Gby3ZJK7tInbWl15rA8HLYvYIVEd3hrJu_QXhlooe4Q7rolFjaXImwnDxb4ILcVlyEgL8l_Sy5EasENARu_5DVUy5AtqCt85fWqvOsizBjS2AkYxUCYjVP18WjQPZvslnWPO_mmzA15saRQKuKdMYzobAfLtvH5vxzmfKKs69JA/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.envoyproxy.io (this is not an exclusive list and it's likely that other organizations are also Envoy users). Envoy is being used by numerous other companies, both large and small, to build higher layer products and services. This includes Covalent, Datawire, HashiCorp, Heptio, Istio (F5 Networks, Google, IBM, RedHat, Tetrate, Tigera, VMware, etc.), Solo.io, and many others.

- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: See the current list of Envoy owners, who are also committers: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/OWNERS.md Currently, we have 11 and are on the constant lookout for new maintainers to join our ranks.

- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/graphs/contributors

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

pete.miron@...

+1 non-binding

[...]

Mark McBride

+1, non-binding

  Mark McBride

[...]

Niraj Tolia

[...]

Richard Li

+1 non-binding

On Nov 12, 2018, at 1:15 PM, Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io <briangrant=google.com@...> wrote:

+1 binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:51 AM Camille Fournier <skamille@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 4:37 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Ayrat Khayretdinov <akhayretdinov@...>

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:54 PM Chris Short via Lists.Cncf.Io <chris=chrisshort.net@...> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:52 PM Randy Abernethy <randy.abernethy@...> wrote:
+1 nb

[...]

Randy Abernethy
Managing Partner
RX-M, LLC
randy.abernethy@...
o 415-800-2922
c 415-624-6447

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Santosa, Andy

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, November 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On 11/12/2018 11:37 AM, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
[...]

Nick Chase, Head of Technical and Marketing Content, Mirantis
Editor in Chief, Open Cloud Digest Author, Machine Learning for Mere Mortals

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Yassine Tijani <ytijani@...>

+1 nb