Date

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Jonathan Boulle <jon@...>

+1 binding

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 at 18:15, Benjamin Hindman <benh@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Envoy has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

The Envoy community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:

- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users: Known end users include: AirBnb, Alibaba, Apple, Booking.com, Cookpad, DigitalOcean, eBay, Google, GO-JEK, GroupOn, IBM, Lyft, Medium, Microsoft, Netflix, Pinterest, Salesforce, Snap, Square, Stripe, Tencent, Twilio, Two Sigma, Uber, Verizon, VMware, VSCO, Yahoo Japan, and Yelp. Many of these logos are listed here: https://www.envoyproxy.io (this is not an exclusive list and it's likely that other organizations are also Envoy users). Envoy is being used by numerous other companies, both large and small, to build higher layer products and services. This includes Covalent, Datawire, HashiCorp, Heptio, Istio (F5 Networks, Google, IBM, RedHat, Tetrate, Tigera, VMware, etc.), Solo.io, and many others.

- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: See the current list of Envoy owners, who are also committers: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/OWNERS.md Currently, we have 11 and are on the constant lookout for new maintainers to join our ranks.

- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/graphs/contributors

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Follow Us Twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Sonya Koptyev <sonya@...>

+1 binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 9:15 AM Benjamin Hindman <benh@...> wrote:
[...]

- Sonya Koptyev | Director of Evangelism | m: +1 425 505 0100

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Gary Brown

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 4:37 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Bassam Tabbara

+1 non-binding

[...]

Andrew Randall

Andy Randall
Co-Founder, VP Business Development
Tigera
andy@... | M: +1 510-520-0999 | @andrew_randall
Follow us: Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Zero Trust Network Security & Continuous Compliance for Kubernetes Platforms

[...]

Justin Garrison <justinleegarrison@...>

Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:52 AM Mark Peek <markpeek@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, November 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

[...]

Mark Peek

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, November 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Ruben Orduz <ruben@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 11:37 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Michael Hausenblas <mhausenb@...>

Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas, Developer Advocate
OpenShift by Red Hat

[...]

- Have achieved a CII badge:
https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/1266

- Define a governance model:
https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located
here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167

Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation

Suresh Krishnan

+1 (Non binding)

Thanks
Suresh

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, 12 November 2018 at 16:37
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Chris Aniszczyk

[...]

Re: [VOTE] Harbor moving to incubation

Ayrat Khayretdinov <akhayretdinov@...>

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018, 09:27 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@... wrote:
The Harbor community has requested to move to the incubation maturity level and believes it has fulfilled the criteria: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/163

They have also created a presentation on top of the proposal for the community: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1aBQnE96kKatc1_t3E97lJBwiWvL-3GTitojuv-nWMuo/edit?usp=sharing

Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users which, in the TOC’s judgement, are of adequate quality and scope: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/ADOPTERS.md

Maintainers of the project are listed in https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/blob/master/OWNERS.md

Maintainers are added and removed from the project as per the policies outlined in the project governance: https://github.com/goharbor/community/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md

Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions:

Releases: 7 major releases - https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/releases
Roadmap: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/wiki/Harbor-Roadmap
Contributors: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/graphs/contributors
Commit activity: https://github.com/goharbor/harbor/graphs/commit-activity
CNCF DevStats: https://harbor.devstats.cncf.io

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/163

Re: [VOTE] Harbor moving to incubation

Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>

+1 binding.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:19 AM, Camille Fournier <skamille@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 2:27 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Quinton Hoole

Perfect!  Thanks Justin.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Justin Garrison <justinleegarrison@...>
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 13:46
To: Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...>
Cc: Chris Short <chris@...>, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Harbor moving to incubation

Thanks Quinton for the suggestion. I added some of my feedback here. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/163#issuecomment-437167354

--
Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:56 AM Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:
Any and all constructive feedback on project proposals from the community is definitely encouraged.

Justin, may I suggest that you add your specific questions or concerns to the PR at https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/163
That way the project team and other users of Harbor can respond to specifics.

Regards

Technical Vice President

America Research Center

2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050

Tel: 408-330-4721   Cell: 408-320-8917   Office # C2-27

Email: quinton.hoole@...   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Chris Short via Lists.Cncf.Io" <chris=chrisshort.net@...>
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 07:28
To: Justin Garrison <justinleegarrison@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

I genuinely appreciate Justin's feedback on these votes. If I'm not intimately familiar with the project/product I often wait for Justin's input prior to voting. I wholeheartedly encourage Justin's input on these votes. They bring up bigger points and provide levity to the process. Any effort to not have this feedback on the record should be discouraged, in my opinion.

Chris Short

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM Justin Garrison <justinleegarrison@...> wrote:
I'm well aware of the adoption and uses of Harbor. My company runs it and my criticisms come from first hand experience as a user and operator of the software.
I'm happy to move my feedback out of this thread so voting can continue without any extra noise.

--
Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 4:27 PM Haining Zhang <hi@...> wrote:

(in reponse to Justin's comment)

Though Harbor may not be the only solution to a private registry, thousands of users choose Harbor to manage container images in their production environments. The user base includes many large internet companies and enterprises in the world. In some environments, Harbor manages tens of thousands of images and supports thousands of container hosts. Typical use cases of Harbor include RBAC on images, image replication across geographically distributed locations, vulnerability scanning etc.

Haining

On 11/7/18 3:21 AM, Justin Garrison wrote:
-1 nb

I understand the need for container registries in a containerized environment, but I'm not sold Harbor being the solution for most people's needs when they need to run their own registry.

--
Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 8:56 AM Lee Calcote <leecalcote@...> wrote: