Date

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Brewer, Jeff

+1 binding

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Xu Wang
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:57 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 10:26 AM Haining Zhang <hi@...> wrote:

On 5/15/19 2:26 AM, Dongxu Huang wrote:

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Wei Ding
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:57 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

This email is from an external sender.

+1 non-binding

丁尉    Wei Ding

京东零售JDR   技术与数据中台   硅谷中台研发部

Phone+1 814-321-6472

Email wei.ding@...

Address 675 E Middlefield Rd, Mountain View, CA 94043

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole

Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Wei Ding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole

Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Niraj Tolia

+1 non-binding

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Karl Wehden

+1 nb.

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 10:19 PM GolfenGuo <golfen.guo@...> wrote:

郭峰  Golfen Guo

Co-founder & CTO

+86 18016427071

Shanghai DaoCloud Network Technology Co,. Ltd

#Your Containers. Delivered!#

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
日期: 2019514 星期二 下午11:41
收件人: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
主题: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole

Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

本邮件及附件含 DaoCloud 保密信息,仅限发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组,禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用本邮件中的信息。若误收本邮件,请务必通知发送人并直接删去,不得使用、传播或复制本邮件。

--

Karl Wehden
VP of Product Strategy / Marketing

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

GolfenGuo

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
日期: 2019514 星期二 下午11:41
收件人: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole

Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

本邮件及附件含 DaoCloud 保密信息,仅限发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组,禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用本邮件中的信息。若误收本邮件,请务必通知发送人并直接删去,不得使用、传播或复制本邮件。

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

刘海锋 <bjliuhaifeng@...>

+1 non binding

— Haifeng Liu

在 2019年5月16日,上午6:52,Matt Klein <mattklein123@...> 写道:

+1 binding.

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Matt Klein

+1 binding.

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

[RESULT] Archiving Project Process v1.0 (APPROVED)

Chris Aniszczyk

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Xu Wang

+1 non-binding

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 10:26 AM Haining Zhang <hi@...> wrote:

+1 nb

On 5/15/19 2:26 AM, Dongxu Huang wrote:
Thank you!

--
Xu Wang
Senior Staff Engineer at AntFin

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Haining Zhang

+1 nb

On 5/15/19 2:26 AM, Dongxu Huang wrote:
Thank you!

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Xing Yang

+1 non-binding

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:05 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
tikv has requested to move to the incubation maturity level. Xiang Li from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1isLh8e5D0pAgocbj2ht_ZbZ5MORN3fFD-98tCsVu0rM/edit
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health-table?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=TiKV

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/221

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date:2019-05-15 00:05:53
Subject:[cncf-toc] [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

tikv has requested to move to the incubation maturity level. Xiang Li from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1isLh8e5D0pAgocbj2ht_ZbZ5MORN3fFD-98tCsVu0rM/edit
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health-table?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=TiKV

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/221

Re: Introducing ORY Hydra

Quinton Hoole

Apologies, I meant TiKV, not OpenEBS.

I blame it on jetlag :-)

From:Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...>
To:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>;Liz Rice <liz@...>
Cc:Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>;CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>;Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>;Fabian Reinartz <fab.reinartz@...>
Date:2019-05-15 04:39:24
Subject:RE: [cncf-toc] Introducing ORY Hydra

+1 to what Chris said. I'd suggest that the TOC ask the Security SIG to do the deep due diligence and produce a brief DD report along the lines of the recent one done for OpenEBS by Xiang and the Storage SIG.

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:Liz Rice <liz@...>
Cc:Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>;CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>;Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>;Fabian Reinartz <fab.reinartz@...>
Date:2019-05-14 03:23:30

Ideally, presenting to a SIG first makes sense unless the TOC states otherwise.

In this case, the Security SIG makes is a natural fit probably.

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 2:18 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
Hi Aeneas,

This looks really interesting and I'd love to learn more about it.

Question for the TOC folks (and other interested parties) regarding processes / scaling / new SIGs: should projects like this present to a SIG first? Or do we want to see it first and then ask the SIGs to help with a deeper dive and DD?

On 13 May 2019, at 15:39, Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am writing in reference to the ORY open source organization. The project's focus is cloud native end-user, service, workload, and IoT authentication and authorization.

ORY has to date 11k GitHub Stars and 3.5M+ Docker Pulls in total. The project provides exhaustive documentation and established community management processes, including 1k chat users on Discord, an active Discourse forum  Last month alone there were over one billion API requests according to optional telemetry. ORY is used by several organizations, including Deutsche Boerse AGSegmentRaspberry PI, in production. All our projects are written in Go, designed with cloud native principles and work best in Kubernetes environments. ORY integrates well with other CNCF projects, e.g. Open Policy Agent, as well as projects from the wider Kubernetes Ecosystem for instance Ambassador.

We strongly believe in headless, API-first services. Our projects solve problems with clear domain boundaries. ORY Hydra  our flagship project, is a cloud native, OpenID Certified OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 Provider which integrates by design with any login system. What stands out is that all of our projects work independently/stand-alone or in combination with one-another as well as in combination with other open or closed source software projects with adjacent problem domains.

Therefore we would like to present our ecosystem and specifically ORY Hydra to the TOC (issue). Alexis Richardson (cc) and Fabian Reinartz (cc) encouraged us to directly apply for the incubating stage, which is why we are looking for a Sponsor. We were told that contacting the CNCF mailing list would be the best course of action for this. If anyone finds the projects interesting, I would be more than happy to get in touch and present the ecosystem.

Best regards
Aeneas

Re: Introducing ORY Hydra

Quinton Hoole

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:Liz Rice <liz@...>
Cc:Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>;CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>;Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>;Fabian Reinartz <fab.reinartz@...>
Date:2019-05-14 03:23:30

[...]

Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>

Hi Liz,

we're really happy to hear that you're interested in the project(s)! I'd be more than happy to walk you through the ecosystem this or next week. If you let me know which times work for you I can set up a video conference. We're currently located in CEST. This Thursday would work very well for me for example!

Best
Aeneas

On 13.05.2019 21:17, Liz Rice wrote:
[...]

Founder & CEO, ORY GmbH
www.ory.sh | aeneas@...
Company Address: Belfortstr. 14, DE-81667 Munich
Register: Local court Munich HRB 216983
Managing Director: Aeneas Rekkas
This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. ORY GmbH is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Li, Xiang

+1 binding

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation