Date

Re: [TOC] Nominations extended through January 4, 2020 at 12pm Pacific

Liz Rice

That's great, thanks Amye!

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145
On 19 Dec 2019, 18:27 +0000, alexis richardson <alexis@...>, wrote:

Thank you very much

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, 18:09 Amye Scavarda Perrin, <ascavarda@...> wrote:
Based on both feedback from the community and the amount of nominations currently in, we're extending the nomination deadline to January 4, 2020 at 12 PM Pacific.
This applies to all nominations.

Current count for nominations as of 10am Pacific:
GB: 4
End-user: 2
Maintainer: 4

Updated Timeline:
December 12: Nominations open – 12 PM PT
WAS: Dec 20: Nominations close (last day of business before holiday) – 12 PM PT
NOW: Jan 4, 2020 - 12 PM PT -- this is a Saturday!
Jan 6: Qualification period opens
Jan 20: Qualification period closes
Jan 20: Election opens, Voting occurs by a time-limited Condorcet-IRV ranking in CIVS
Feb 1: Election closes
Feb 3: Election results posted

If you have questions, CNCF staff (myself and others) will be watching over the mailing lists, the slack channels:#elections and #toc and email over the next two weeks. Responses may be delayed, but we will be responding!

Let me know if you have questions on this.
-- amye

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: Proposal - change one word in TOC Charter

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
+1 as well

On 17 Dec 2019, 20:13 +0000, Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io <jbeda=vmware.com@...>, wrote:
+1 Would love to see us make this change.

On 12/17/19, 10:39 AM, "cncf-toc@... on behalf of alexis richardson" <cncf-toc@... on behalf of alexis@...> wrote:

Folks

NOTE Clause 6.d.ii in the TOC charter:
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcncf%2Ffoundation%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fcharter.md%236-technical-oversight-committee-toc&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjbeda%40vmware.com%7Ce4461a3054ef4ab82f6608d7832069e1%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637122047561995158&amp;sdata=uHq8dO6Fb4CaKAtbYnLCj3gXSzN8SGNv7%2BzD4zl9uJU%3D&amp;reserved=0

It says:
"ii. demonstrate an advanced level of professional experience as
engineers in the scope of CNCF"

As the TOC looks after ALL aspects of projects, community, etc, not
just "engineering".... I propose that we change "engineers" to
"technologists".

I'd be happy to say more about why, not least that IANAE myself. But
honestly I think the reasons should be fairly obvious.

alexis

Re: [TOC] Nominations extended through January 4, 2020 at 12pm Pacific

alexis richardson

[...]

Amye Scavarda Perrin

[...]

Sandbox Annual Review process

Liz Rice

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Google doc for the process for Sandbox project annual reviews. I have now transitioned it to a PR (https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/327) so please feel free to add further comments and feedback there.

I’d love to get this in place by the end of the year so that Amye can start notifying projects about their annual review requirements in the new year.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

- Lee

On Dec 17, 2019, at 8:43 AM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

+1 binding

TOC & Falco folks,

I think it is really important to keep adding these use cases.  If
Falco passes into Incubation, I suggest the TOC table this as a review
item for one year's time.  The project shows promise but needs a solid
production user base.

alexis

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 1:30 PM Michael Ducy <michael.ducy@...> wrote:

One question I had come up regarding Falco and our incubation proposal is adoption and end users. While we are just about done with the voting process, I'd still like to share this video from Kubecon NA 2020.

Kris Nova co presented with Abhinav Srivastava of Frame.io on the event processing pipeline they've built for Falco. In my opinion this is one of the better examples of Falco use cases:

Abhinav's presentation starts at 45:44 (and start at 0:00 if you want a great explanation of Falco from Kris) -
https://youtu.be/Z4POV5IXnHQ?t=2744

We're hoping to have a Frame.io case study published in the coming months.

One of the Falco project's goals as we move into Incubation is to increase the number and quality of end users. Currently our end users tend to come from tech, retail, or healthcare. We want to expand this out to include more financial services, fintech, and other regulated industries. We feel there's a opportunity to help these verticals with compliance use cases, as well as expand our current compliance use cases for retail and healthcare.

Thank you to the TOC for all your support thus far,
Michael

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 6:22 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:

+1 binding

(Thought I sent this yesterday but apparently not. Apologies if a dupe.)
On 17 Dec 2019, 11:20 +0000, Li, Xiang <x.li@...>, wrote:

+1 binding

[RESULT] TUF graduation (APPROVED)

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The TUF project has been approved to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/166

+1 binding TOC votes (6/9):
Liz Rice: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3777
Jeff Brewer: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3780
Michelle Noorali: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3830
Xiang Li: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3831
Brendan Burns: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3834
Joe Beda: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3872

+1 non-binding community votes:
Justin Cormack: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3761
Justin Cappos: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3765
Lukas Puehringer: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3767
Michael Hausenblas: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3769
Zhipeng (Howard) Huang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3771
Phil Estes: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3772
Nicola Marco Decandia: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3775
Ken Owens: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3778
Xing Yang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3779
Trishank Kuppusamy: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3797
Sebastiaan van Stijn: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3798
Mark Underwood: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3804
Shikhar Sakhuja: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3805
David Balenson: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3807
Marc Waldman: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3808
Tony Arcieri: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3809
Aditya Sirish Arunkumar Yelgundhalli: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3810
Preston Moore: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3811
Konstantin: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3812
Priyanka Mahesh: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3813
Joshua Lock: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3814
Andre Weimerskirch: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3815
Brandon Lum: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3817
Dave New: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3820
Nick Renner: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3821
Sarah Allen: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3857
Santiago Torres Arias: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3858
Sumana Harihareswara: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3866
JJ: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3867

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Kevin.Ryan@...

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Jon Mittelhauser

+1 nb (with the same timing caveat as Joe raised)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io" <jbeda=vmware.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 2:21 PM
To: Liz Rice <liz@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

+1 assuming that this takes effect as the size of the TOC increases (as in we give folks fair warning that this will happen as we seat the new members)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

Joe Beda <jbeda@...>

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: Proposal - change one word in TOC Charter

Roger Klorese <roger.klorese@...>

This PM says: +1

Roger B.A. Klorese (they/them or he/him)
Senior Product Manager
SUSE

255 King Street Suite 800
Seattle WA 98104
(P)+1 206.217.7432
(M)+1 425.444.5493
roger.klorese@...
Schedule a meeting: https://doodle.com/RogerKlorese
GPG Key: D567 F186 A6AE D244 067E  95E4 E67D 019F 0670 D9CC

On Dec 17, 2019, at 9:58 PM, Stephen Augustus <Stephen@...> wrote:

+1!

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 15:41 Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

He/Him/His

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Shannon Williams <shannon@...>

+1 non-binding

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Matt Klein

+1 binding

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 12:41 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:43 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019, 20:41 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: Proposal - change one word in TOC Charter

Stephen Augustus

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcncf%2Ffoundation%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fcharter.md%236-technical-oversight-committee-toc&;data=02%7C01%7Cjbeda%40vmware.com%7Ce4461a3054ef4ab82f6608d7832069e1%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637122047561995158&amp;sdata=uHq8dO6Fb4CaKAtbYnLCj3gXSzN8SGNv7%2BzD4zl9uJU%3D&amp;reserved=0