Date

Re: Proposal TAG Sustainability

Huamin Chen

Along that line, I would suggest the following early initiatives:

- Establish a sustainability methodology and best practice. There are abundant experiences and expertise across CNCF WGs and projects we can leverage. A highly fluid communication channel is needed to get this started.
- Incubate technology stacks towards green computing. I have been working with great minds across the industry on this topic, this is a very exciting area for innovations.
- Collaborate with ecosystems such as Green Software Foundation. Since Chris is with GSF, this is a good start.

Cheers!

Huamin

Re: Proposal TAG Sustainability

Chris Lloyd

Hi folks,
This is my first ever CNCF email, as a newbie - and I wanted to clarify how this works regarding another Linux Foundation project, the Green Software Foundation: Green Software Foundation | GSF

I can see some folks have raised a similar question - some of the items in the vision and responsibilities are clearly different from the GSF, but some overlap.

That might be ok, but flagging now.

Thanks,
Chris.

Chris Lloyd-Jones | Head of Open Technologies, Office of the CTO

Calendar booking link

[ Upcoming OOF – 7 April, 19-20 April, 2-9 May. ]

From: <pushkarj.at.work@...>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 2:26 PM
Subject: [cncf-tag-security] RFC: Cloud Native Security Whitepaper v2 ends April 27
To: <cncf-tag-security@...>

Hello Security Enthusiasts!

CNCF Security TAG is looking to embark on another cloud native security adventure!  After the ravishing success of Cloud Native Security Whitepaper v1 back in Nov 2020, we have now refreshed the paper ready to be published around KubeCon EU 2022 (fingers crossed). To make this possible and deliver quality content, We'd like some help.

We want you!

This is where you (yes you!) come in.  We're looking for community members and colleagues to review version 2 of the paper: Google Doc: Open for comment, tracked under Tracking issue: 747, to provide the cloud native community with reference material that is peer reviewed and reflects the realities of cloud native security as of today. We hope you can join us on this significant contribution opportunity.

Public Request For Comment period ends on April 27 2022 (3 weeks from now)

Ready to dive in?

Start adding comments or make inline suggestions on the google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fftLBt3XjDzyYQisEKH3TZXL1QnT_cHIbBnFtW98UOs/edit.

To only review new content in version 2, search for "(new in v2)", without double quotes in the doc. There are about 10 sections that are newly updated.

Reminder: Please be excellent to each other when providing feedback!

Last but not the least, share it with your friends and colleagues regardless of their security or cloud native expertise. For any questions, that can not be discussed on the Google doc or Github issue, please reach out to us on tag-security-whitepaper channel in CNCF slack workspace.