Date

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

debra.bernstein@...

Deb Bernstein
Intel

Update: Graduation, Incubation, and KubeCon + CloudNative Con NA!

Emily Fox

Community,
 We’ve received some great feedback but are looking for more to ensure we have clarity on project level transition freezes prior to KCCN. Please take a look at the updated comment on this issue regarding freezes prior to KCCN and comment for the next two weeks. After we consolidate and adjudicate feedback, we’ll make the changes within the repo.  We appreciate your feedback!

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Parul Singh

+1 NB

Parul Singh

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

David Caro

+1 NB

On 09/12 11:00, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been
proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has
approved a call for a public vote. (
https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF |
amye@...

--
David Caro
SRE - Cloud Services

"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Oleg Nenashev

+1 non-binding.

Better late than never, I would be happy to join and contribute to this group. I have seen this proposal long ago, but my brain was fully occupied with the ongoing war in Ukraine and personal stuff, but sustainability is one of top priorities for building a better future. This topic remains super important, especially in the cloud native space where the resource utilization is far from being efficient: inefficient scheduling, unnecessary workloads and CI/CD runs, virtualization overheads, redundancy, side processes for maintainability, etc., etc. There is a huge area for improvement.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Keptn/OpenFeature/Jenkins, CDF TOC

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 8:52 AM alessandro via lists.cncf.io <alessandro.vozza=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+1, non-binding

---

Live long and prosper,

Alessandro

Book a meeting with me

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin via lists.cncf.io <ascavarda=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Date: Monday, 12 September 2022 at 20:01
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

alessandro

+1, non-binding

---

Live long and prosper,

Alessandro

Book a meeting with me

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin via lists.cncf.io <ascavarda=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Date: Monday, 12 September 2022 at 20:01
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Tom Kerkhove

+1 NB

Kind regards,

Tom Kerkhove
Software Engineer at Microsoft – CNCF Ambassador - Ex-Azure MVP & GitHub Star

Blog - blog.tomkerkhove.be
Twitter - @TomKerkhove

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 1:43 AM Vincent Caldeira <vincent.caldeira@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

+1nb - this is a much need community initiative and hopefully it can help towards more standardisation in this space

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Vincent Caldeira

Edited

+1nb - this is a much need community initiative and hopefully it can help towards more standardisation in this space

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Ricardo Rocha

+1 binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 02:52:31PM -0600, Erin Boyd via lists.cncf.io wrote:
+1 binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 12:11 PM Karena Angell <kangell@...> wrote:

+1 Non-binding

Great to see this TAG getting going!

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 12:04 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <
ascavarda@...> wrote:

A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been
proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has
approved a call for a public vote. (
https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF |
amye@...

--

Erin A. Boyd

Director of Emerging Technologies OCTO

Distinguished Engineer

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>

eboyd@...
<https://red.ht/sig>

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 12:11 PM Karena Angell <kangell@...> wrote:
+1 Non-binding

Great to see this TAG getting going!

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 12:04 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

--

Erin A. Boyd

Director of Emerging Technologies OCTO

Distinguished Engineer

Red Hat

eboyd@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Dave Zolotusky

+1 binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 3:34 PM Libby Meren <libbymeren@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Libby

On Sep 12, 2022, at 12:17 PM, Chen Wang <Chen.Wang1@...> wrote:

+1 Non-binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 02:01 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:

~Dave

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Libby Meren

+1 NB

Libby

On Sep 12, 2022, at 12:17 PM, Chen Wang <Chen.Wang1@...> wrote:

+1 Non-binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 02:01 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Chen Wang

+1 Non-binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 02:01 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Huamin Chen

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Rey Lejano

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 11:01 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Zhang, Cathy H

+1 binding. Happy to see this moving forward.

Best regards,

Cathy Zhang, cathy.h.zhang@...

A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Niki Manoledaki

+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Emily Fox

+1B

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

Randy Abernethy

+1 nb

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022, 2:01 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A new Technical Advisory Group, TAG Environmental Sustainability has been proposed.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/903

Erin Boyd is the TOC sponsor, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7371)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Environmental Sustainability

-alena