Date

Re: [VOTE] Volcano for incubation

-alena

On Mar 1, 2022, at 10:42 AM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Volcano has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/712
DD: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b-OnzK_aMsoqFlv8WthY3azdpLXBkaHNPraYFgxwT04/edit?usp=sharing

Ricardo Rocha is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6660)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Volcano for incubation

Davanum Srinivas

+1 Binding

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 1:42 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
Volcano has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/712
DD: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b-OnzK_aMsoqFlv8WthY3azdpLXBkaHNPraYFgxwT04/edit?usp=sharing

Ricardo Rocha is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6660)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

[VOTE] Volcano for incubation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Volcano has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/712
DD: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b-OnzK_aMsoqFlv8WthY3azdpLXBkaHNPraYFgxwT04/edit?usp=sharing

Ricardo Rocha is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6660)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

TOC Agenda for March 1, 2022

We'll be meeting tomorrow at 8am Pacific with updates from the TAGs and updates around projects applying to move levels.

Presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wnJzBKksfSlHPcOinJoE4Gnzz8g_Y671SWPwjL3wZzg/edit#slide=id.g25ca91f87f_0_0

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Omer Kahani

+1 nb

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Davanum Srinivas

+1 Binding

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:56 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022, at 2:37 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Backstage has applied to move to the incubation level.

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022, at 2:37 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Backstage has applied to move to the incubation level.

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Richard Hartmann

+1 binding.

I like this DD format. It's a lot cleaner than copying the various,
partially overlapping, DD snippets together.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/717

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRXo1ImGJUkMIim4sP8JI88OhCa4Dsd6LkK7gh8BrBc/edit?usp=sharing

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Emily Fox

+1 Binding

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Vargas, Jorge

Jorge Vargas.

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 11:37 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Thermo Fisher Scientific. If you believe it to be suspicious, report using the Report Phish button in Outlook or send to SOC@....

Backstage has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/717

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRXo1ImGJUkMIim4sP8JI88OhCa4Dsd6LkK7gh8BrBc/edit?usp=sharing

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Liz Rice

+1 NB - and thanks Erin for taking this over

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 13:07, Wan, Lawrence via lists.cncf.io <lawrence.wan=bmo.com@...> wrote:

Lawrence

External Email: Use caution with links and attachments. | Courriel externe : Faites preuve de prudence en ce qui a trait aux liens et aux pièces jointes.

+1 binding

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 12:40 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Backstage has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/717

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRXo1ImGJUkMIim4sP8JI88OhCa4Dsd6LkK7gh8BrBc/edit?usp=sharing

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

--

Erin A. Boyd

Distinguished Engineer, OCTO

Red Hat

eboyd@...

Image removed by sender.

CNCF Tech Writers Office Hours (February)

Nate Waddington <nwaddington@...>

Hello Everyone,

On the last Wednesday of every month, and in this case, tomorrow, we host a CNCF Tech Writers Office Hours. Projects are welcome to drop in and chat with the Tech Docs team about any documentation questions they might have.

Wed Feb 23rd 10:00am - 10:50am (PST)

https://tockify.com/cncf.public.events/detail/270/1645639200000

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Nate.

Re: [VOTE] Official vote for Knative for inclusion

Wan, Lawrence

Lawrence

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 4:02 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Knative has applied for inclusion at the incubation level.
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/762
Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qPMyIBZ1tBk6WpEMPuLtTrjA6lvbrQ7DvCZb22S0llo/edit?usp=sharing

Davanum Srinivas is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6551)

[...]

Re: [VOTE] In-toto for incubating

Richard Hartmann

+1 binding.

I still have some thoughts around overall velocity, but after talking
to h01ger off-list, I am confident in changing my vote.

The rest of this email is more about Debian than CNCF, feel free to skip.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 12:19 PM Lukas Puehringer
<lukas.puehringer@nyu.edu> wrote:

Regarding our relationship to Debian and Reproducible Builds, we’ve been regulars at Debconfs and RB Summits since the inception of the in-toto project (see e.g. [2], [3]), and quite a few in-toto related projects have benefited from our involvement with the community, most notably [4],[5],[6].
Thanks for those. After leading DebConf15 I kinda burned out wrt them,
so I missed this.

It is true that I personally am not a Debian Developer, but I have worked together with the DD Holger Levsen in the past to prepare and upload the downstream releases.
Totally fine; as you probably know, DDs take an _extremely_ close look
onto any claims re Debian doing/saying/being anything specific due to
how often it was used as a reference and not always in the best of
faith.

As a nit, shipping manpages with Linux packages would be preferable,
but I know a lot of projects don't. Ones I should probably be writing
manpages for myself included.

Thanks for the detailed responses from the in-toto crowd,
best,
Richard

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

Ricardo Rocha

+1 binding

amye@linuxfoundation.org

--

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>

eboyd@redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 7:37 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
Backstage has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/717

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRXo1ImGJUkMIim4sP8JI88OhCa4Dsd6LkK7gh8BrBc/edit?usp=sharing

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Backstage for incubation

He/Him/His
TZ=America/Detroit

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 2:50 PM Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io <dzolo=spotify.com@...> wrote:
I will abstain from this vote as I’m too close to this project. I feel that voting on it would be a conflict of interest.

~Dave

On Feb 22, 2022, at 8:37 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Backstage has applied to move to the incubation level.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/717

Due Diligence doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRXo1ImGJUkMIim4sP8JI88OhCa4Dsd6LkK7gh8BrBc/edit?usp=sharing

Erin Boyd is now the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6571)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...