Date   

Re: Project presentations meeting

Matt Farina
 

Liz,

I know the members of the TOC are busy. They are executives, lead projects, and have a lot going on. Do y'all think you will take the time to watch SIG recordings? I've been chairing Kubernetes SIGs for years and I've found this only happens when someone has a reason to watch it.

How are SIGs going to make the recommendations? Is that in meetings or is the discussion going to happen elsewhere? For example, if it happens in the issue queue what will drive the TOC members to the issues to be looped in?

My big concern is for the potential projects. If people know TOC members or know people who know them to get in touch a change in the process isn't so bad. But, for people who don't have an in with TOC members this looks like it makes the process more difficult.

Consider this, it's TOC members sponsoring projects not SIGs sponsoring them. Adding hurdles or extra elements between those sponsoring and those with something needing a sponsor is going to increase difficulty for those who don't have another known route to get to the sponsors. This is a problem for projects that don't have existing social connections.

Does the problem I'm describing make sense?

- Matt Farina

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020, at 7:57 AM, Liz Rice wrote:
Hi Matt, 

The idea is that the TOC can watch the SIG recorded presentation, and/or read the slides, and the recommendation from the SIG. And of course we can always reach out to the project if we want to discuss. 

We'll see how well this works and if we need to, we can adjust. 

Liz 

--
Liz Rice - sent from my phone

On 14 Feb 2020, at 22:06, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:

Liz,

Sandbox projects now require 3 TOC sponsors to get in. Presenting to the SIGs are great but there are rarely 3 TOC members in a SIG meeting. Presenting to the whole TOC provides an opportunity to showcase projects looking for sponsorship and let the TOC interact with them.

How will proposed sandbox projects get TOC member time to find sponsors if they don't get in front of the TOC itself? What will the new flow look like?

Thanks,
Matt Farina

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Liz Rice wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




Re: Project presentations meeting

Liz Rice
 

Hi Matt, 

The idea is that the TOC can watch the SIG recorded presentation, and/or read the slides, and the recommendation from the SIG. And of course we can always reach out to the project if we want to discuss. 

We'll see how well this works and if we need to, we can adjust. 

Liz 

--
Liz Rice - sent from my phone

On 14 Feb 2020, at 22:06, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:


Liz,

Sandbox projects now require 3 TOC sponsors to get in. Presenting to the SIGs are great but there are rarely 3 TOC members in a SIG meeting. Presenting to the whole TOC provides an opportunity to showcase projects looking for sponsorship and let the TOC interact with them.

How will proposed sandbox projects get TOC member time to find sponsors if they don't get in front of the TOC itself? What will the new flow look like?

Thanks,
Matt Farina

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Liz Rice wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145



Re: Project presentations meeting

Ricardo Aravena
 

All,

iiuc, projects present to the SIGs in their meetings and the presentations get recorded. If a SIG meeting gets canceled (usually because no attendance or no agenda item) then the project team can schedule the presentation in the following SIG meeting.  

I do think that having a project to require 3 TOC sponsors (say for sandbox), now that the TOC has been expanded, may make it more difficult for projects to find them. Does increasing the number of required TOC liaisons help? or/and a process in where projects looking for sponsors send a notice to the TOC ML + Tag on the Github issue? wdyt?

Thanks,
Ricardo


On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:46 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
Erin,

If the meeting where projects present is canceled when will the present to the TOC?

- Matt

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 6:33 PM, Erin Boyd wrote:
Hi Matt,
Projects still present to the SIG provided they meet the proper criteria and are a fit for the landscape.
As outlined in the proposed template document in github: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/344

Having this will provide a consistent way for projects to be presented and hopefully make the process more transparent.

I would appreciate your feedback in the issue so we can formalize it. 

Thanks,
Erin


On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:

Liz,

Sandbox projects now require 3 TOC sponsors to get in. Presenting to the SIGs are great but there are rarely 3 TOC members in a SIG meeting. Presenting to the whole TOC provides an opportunity to showcase projects looking for sponsorship and let the TOC interact with them.

How will proposed sandbox projects get TOC member time to find sponsors if they don't get in front of the TOC itself? What will the new flow look like?

Thanks,
Matt Farina

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Liz Rice wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145






--

Erin A. Boyd

Senior Principal Software Engineer, OCTO

Red Hat


eboyd@...   




Re: Project presentations meeting

Matt Farina
 

Erin,

If the meeting where projects present is canceled when will the present to the TOC?

- Matt

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 6:33 PM, Erin Boyd wrote:
Hi Matt,
Projects still present to the SIG provided they meet the proper criteria and are a fit for the landscape.
As outlined in the proposed template document in github: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/344

Having this will provide a consistent way for projects to be presented and hopefully make the process more transparent.

I would appreciate your feedback in the issue so we can formalize it. 

Thanks,
Erin


On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:

Liz,

Sandbox projects now require 3 TOC sponsors to get in. Presenting to the SIGs are great but there are rarely 3 TOC members in a SIG meeting. Presenting to the whole TOC provides an opportunity to showcase projects looking for sponsorship and let the TOC interact with them.

How will proposed sandbox projects get TOC member time to find sponsors if they don't get in front of the TOC itself? What will the new flow look like?

Thanks,
Matt Farina

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Liz Rice wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145






--

Erin A. Boyd

Senior Principal Software Engineer, OCTO

Red Hat


eboyd@...   




Re: Project presentations meeting

Erin Boyd
 

Hi Matt,
Projects still present to the SIG provided they meet the proper criteria and are a fit for the landscape.
As outlined in the proposed template document in github: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/344

Having this will provide a consistent way for projects to be presented and hopefully make the process more transparent.

I would appreciate your feedback in the issue so we can formalize it. 

Thanks,
Erin


On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
Liz,

Sandbox projects now require 3 TOC sponsors to get in. Presenting to the SIGs are great but there are rarely 3 TOC members in a SIG meeting. Presenting to the whole TOC provides an opportunity to showcase projects looking for sponsorship and let the TOC interact with them.

How will proposed sandbox projects get TOC member time to find sponsors if they don't get in front of the TOC itself? What will the new flow look like?

Thanks,
Matt Farina

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Liz Rice wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




--

Erin A. Boyd

Senior Principal Software Engineer, OCTO

Red Hat

eboyd@...   


Re: Project presentations meeting

Matt Farina
 

Liz,

Sandbox projects now require 3 TOC sponsors to get in. Presenting to the SIGs are great but there are rarely 3 TOC members in a SIG meeting. Presenting to the whole TOC provides an opportunity to showcase projects looking for sponsorship and let the TOC interact with them.

How will proposed sandbox projects get TOC member time to find sponsors if they don't get in front of the TOC itself? What will the new flow look like?

Thanks,
Matt Farina

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 2:54 PM, Liz Rice wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145



Re: SIG TOC liaisons

Liz Rice
 

Thanks Justin (SIG Security) & Katie (SIG App Delivery), sounds good to me!


On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 11:03, Katie Gamanji <gamanjie@...> wrote:
Hello, 

I am happy to volunteer for SIG  App Delivery alongside Michelle Noorali if possible. 

Katie


Project presentations meeting

Liz Rice
 

The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back! 

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




Re: SIG TOC liaisons

Katie Gamanji
 

Hello, 

I am happy to volunteer for SIG  App Delivery alongside Michelle Noorali if possible. 

Katie


Re: SIG TOC liaisons

Justin Cormack
 

Happy to volunteer for SIG Security. I am involved in their work and helped draft the charter. 

Justin


On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 08:20, Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
Now that we are without Joe & Alexis, we need volunteers to replace them in their former roles as TOC liaisons to SIG Security and SIG App Delivery respectively. 

In the list of proposed SIGs the expectation is Brendan Burns and Brian Grant for SIG Runtime, and Jeff Brewer for SIG Observability. 

TOC members:
* if you’re not already a liaison please volunteer for the SIG that would best fit your experience
* if you feel that there is now a better candidate on the TOC to take over your current SIG liaison role, now would be a good time to say so. 

Feel free to reach out privately if you want to discuss. 

We should also document the role of TOC liaison to a SIG - right now we just have that they are an additional non-exec SIG chair. Here’s a very rough first pass - wdyt?:  

* Ensuring good communication between the TOC and the SIG
* Raising to the TOC when the SIG needs action or help
* Helping the SIG prioritise what they’re doing to be in line with TOC needs

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




Re: SIG TOC liaisons

Sisir Koppaka <sisir@...>
 

Okay sure thanks Liz...


On Thu, Feb 13 2020 at 2:07 PM, Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
To clarify, the SIG liaison is a role filled by the 11 members of the TOC. 

Other folks are very welcome to get involved in the work of the SIGs - you can find the list of SIGs here and each SIG has its own information about meeting times, Slack channels etc. 
 
--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145



On 13 Feb 2020, at 08:33, Sisir Koppaka <sisir@...> wrote:

Hi Liz and Alexis,
I’d like to volunteer for the SIG App Delivery. Let me know if I can be of use.

Best regards,
Sisir


On Thu, Feb 13 2020 at 1:53 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Note that Michelle is app delivery liaison 

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020, 08:20 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Now that we are without Joe & Alexis, we need volunteers to replace them in their former roles as TOC liaisons to SIG Security and SIG App Delivery respectively. 

In the list of proposed SIGs the expectation is Brendan Burns and Brian Grant for SIG Runtime, and Jeff Brewer for SIG Observability. 

TOC members:
* if you’re not already a liaison please volunteer for the SIG that would best fit your experience
* if you feel that there is now a better candidate on the TOC to take over your current SIG liaison role, now would be a good time to say so. 

Feel free to reach out privately if you want to discuss. 

We should also document the role of TOC liaison to a SIG - right now we just have that they are an additional non-exec SIG chair. Here’s a very rough first pass - wdyt?:  

* Ensuring good communication between the TOC and the SIG
* Raising to the TOC when the SIG needs action or help
* Helping the SIG prioritise what they’re doing to be in line with TOC needs

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145







Re: SIG TOC liaisons

Liz Rice
 

To clarify, the SIG liaison is a role filled by the 11 members of the TOC. 

Other folks are very welcome to get involved in the work of the SIGs - you can find the list of SIGs here and each SIG has its own information about meeting times, Slack channels etc. 
 
--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145



On 13 Feb 2020, at 08:33, Sisir Koppaka <sisir@...> wrote:

Hi Liz and Alexis,
I’d like to volunteer for the SIG App Delivery. Let me know if I can be of use.

Best regards,
Sisir


On Thu, Feb 13 2020 at 1:53 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Note that Michelle is app delivery liaison 

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020, 08:20 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Now that we are without Joe & Alexis, we need volunteers to replace them in their former roles as TOC liaisons to SIG Security and SIG App Delivery respectively. 

In the list of proposed SIGs the expectation is Brendan Burns and Brian Grant for SIG Runtime, and Jeff Brewer for SIG Observability. 

TOC members:
* if you’re not already a liaison please volunteer for the SIG that would best fit your experience
* if you feel that there is now a better candidate on the TOC to take over your current SIG liaison role, now would be a good time to say so. 

Feel free to reach out privately if you want to discuss. 

We should also document the role of TOC liaison to a SIG - right now we just have that they are an additional non-exec SIG chair. Here’s a very rough first pass - wdyt?:  

* Ensuring good communication between the TOC and the SIG
* Raising to the TOC when the SIG needs action or help
* Helping the SIG prioritise what they’re doing to be in line with TOC needs

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145







Re: SIG TOC liaisons

sisir@...
 

Hi Liz and Alexis,
I’d like to volunteer for the SIG App Delivery. Let me know if I can be of use.

Best regards,
Sisir


On Thu, Feb 13 2020 at 1:53 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Note that Michelle is app delivery liaison 

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020, 08:20 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Now that we are without Joe & Alexis, we need volunteers to replace them in their former roles as TOC liaisons to SIG Security and SIG App Delivery respectively. 

In the list of proposed SIGs the expectation is Brendan Burns and Brian Grant for SIG Runtime, and Jeff Brewer for SIG Observability. 

TOC members:
* if you’re not already a liaison please volunteer for the SIG that would best fit your experience
* if you feel that there is now a better candidate on the TOC to take over your current SIG liaison role, now would be a good time to say so. 

Feel free to reach out privately if you want to discuss. 

We should also document the role of TOC liaison to a SIG - right now we just have that they are an additional non-exec SIG chair. Here’s a very rough first pass - wdyt?:  

* Ensuring good communication between the TOC and the SIG
* Raising to the TOC when the SIG needs action or help
* Helping the SIG prioritise what they’re doing to be in line with TOC needs

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




Re: SIG TOC liaisons

alexis richardson
 

Note that Michelle is app delivery liaison 


On Thu, 13 Feb 2020, 08:20 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Now that we are without Joe & Alexis, we need volunteers to replace them in their former roles as TOC liaisons to SIG Security and SIG App Delivery respectively. 

In the list of proposed SIGs the expectation is Brendan Burns and Brian Grant for SIG Runtime, and Jeff Brewer for SIG Observability. 

TOC members:
* if you’re not already a liaison please volunteer for the SIG that would best fit your experience
* if you feel that there is now a better candidate on the TOC to take over your current SIG liaison role, now would be a good time to say so. 

Feel free to reach out privately if you want to discuss. 

We should also document the role of TOC liaison to a SIG - right now we just have that they are an additional non-exec SIG chair. Here’s a very rough first pass - wdyt?:  

* Ensuring good communication between the TOC and the SIG
* Raising to the TOC when the SIG needs action or help
* Helping the SIG prioritise what they’re doing to be in line with TOC needs

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




SIG TOC liaisons

Liz Rice
 

Now that we are without Joe & Alexis, we need volunteers to replace them in their former roles as TOC liaisons to SIG Security and SIG App Delivery respectively. 

In the list of proposed SIGs the expectation is Brendan Burns and Brian Grant for SIG Runtime, and Jeff Brewer for SIG Observability. 

TOC members:
* if you’re not already a liaison please volunteer for the SIG that would best fit your experience
* if you feel that there is now a better candidate on the TOC to take over your current SIG liaison role, now would be a good time to say so. 

Feel free to reach out privately if you want to discuss. 

We should also document the role of TOC liaison to a SIG - right now we just have that they are an additional non-exec SIG chair. Here’s a very rough first pass - wdyt?:  

* Ensuring good communication between the TOC and the SIG
* Raising to the TOC when the SIG needs action or help
* Helping the SIG prioritise what they’re doing to be in line with TOC needs

--
Liz Rice
@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145




Re: [Due Diligence] Dragonfly Incubation Due Diligence Request

AllenSun
 

Thank the CNCF Sig Storage for the technical review on Dragonfly, especially Alex Chircop. We really appreciate the effort sig storage made for improvement of Dragonfly.

Sig Storage did a presentation review, personal deployment and test and returned several helpful feedback of Dragonfly project. Here is result that Sig Storage's comment of Dragonfly: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/276#issuecomment-585330366. And Sig Storage recommend Dragonfly to move to incubation. Thank CNCF Sig Storage again.

While still for the due diligence procedure, we sincerely wish that any TOC member could volunteer to help do Due Diligence for Dragonfly. Actually we have drafted a proposal here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FauIs9BXRCioUCYPdO9gfy1uiPw9ESKRu0s4bgd5Dgw/edit?usp=sharing . Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Allen Sun


Re: sig-observability: charter proposal, next steps

Eduardo Silva
 

thanks for starting this! 


On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:59 AM Hausenblas, Michael via Lists.Cncf.Io <hausenbl=amazon.com@...> wrote:
> Thank you, Matt and can wait to start contributing!

LOL, that should have, of course, read: CAN NOT wait …

Cheers, 
Michael

-- 

Developer Advocate @ AWS 
+353 86 0215164

On 12 February 2020 at 05:10:28, Hausenblas, Michael via Lists.Cncf.Io (hausenbl=amazon.com@...) wrote:
> Thank you, Matt and can wait to start contributing!

> Cheers,
> Michael

> --

> Developer Advocate @ AWS
> +353 86 0215164

> On 11 February 2020 at 23:33:13, Matt Young (myoung@...) wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I've created a draft proposal for a charter
> >
> > to
> > form SIG Observability [1].
> >
> > I heartily seek and welcome feedback, input, and collaboration from the
> > CNCF community! I suspect many of us share a common interest in the
> > observation of cloud native services, systems, and workloads. The document
> > posted is merely a starting point.
> >
> > I propose that we begin with a few Charter Review & Iteration working
> > sessions, and aim for a vote in early March. This will give us a few weeks
> > to get established and put some basics in place prior to KubeCon.
> >
> > *Charter Incubation & Review Meetings*
> >
> > - working session: 2/14, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)
> > - working session: 2/21, 9:00-10:00 am (US Pacific), 12:00-1:00 (US East)
> > - working session: 2/28, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)
> >
> >
> > *TOC vote to approve SIG (earliest possible)*
> >
> > - Tues 03-Mar: TOC Weekly Meeting
> >
> > *Contact Details*
> >
> > - Slack: #sig-observability @ https://cloud-native.slack.com
> > - Email (coming soon)
> > - Zoom (coming soon)
> > - Calendar (coming soon)
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Matt Young
> >
> > [1]
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/14uXuRQmD9OXoMamYVm-4uwRoIYSbxHcn_XrUksUe-vk/edit 
> >
> >
> >
> >
> Amazon Data Services Ireland Limited registered office: One Burlington Plaza, Burlington 
> Road, Dublin 4, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration number 390566.

>


Amazon Data Services Ireland Limited registered office: One Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration number 390566.





--

Eduardo Silva
Principal Engineer  | Arm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
m. +506 70138007
Arm.com
Treasuredata.com


   



Re: sig-observability: charter proposal, next steps

Hausenblas, Michael
 

Thank you, Matt and can wait to start contributing!
LOL, that should have, of course, read: CAN NOT wait …

Cheers,
Michael

--

Developer Advocate @ AWS
+353 86 0215164

On 12 February 2020 at 05:10:28, Hausenblas, Michael via Lists.Cncf.Io (hausenbl=amazon.com@...) wrote:
Thank you, Matt and can wait to start contributing!

Cheers,
Michael

--

Developer Advocate @ AWS
+353 86 0215164

On 11 February 2020 at 23:33:13, Matt Young (myoung@...) wrote:
Greetings,

I've created a draft proposal for a charter

to
form SIG Observability [1].

I heartily seek and welcome feedback, input, and collaboration from the
CNCF community! I suspect many of us share a common interest in the
observation of cloud native services, systems, and workloads. The document
posted is merely a starting point.

I propose that we begin with a few Charter Review & Iteration working
sessions, and aim for a vote in early March. This will give us a few weeks
to get established and put some basics in place prior to KubeCon.

*Charter Incubation & Review Meetings*

- working session: 2/14, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)
- working session: 2/21, 9:00-10:00 am (US Pacific), 12:00-1:00 (US East)
- working session: 2/28, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)


*TOC vote to approve SIG (earliest possible)*

- Tues 03-Mar: TOC Weekly Meeting

*Contact Details*

- Slack: #sig-observability @ https://cloud-native.slack.com
- Email (coming soon)
- Zoom (coming soon)
- Calendar (coming soon)


Thanks!

Matt Young

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14uXuRQmD9OXoMamYVm-4uwRoIYSbxHcn_XrUksUe-vk/edit



Amazon Data Services Ireland Limited registered office: One Burlington Plaza, Burlington
Road, Dublin 4, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration number 390566.



Amazon Data Services Ireland Limited registered office: One Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration number 390566.


Re: sig-observability: charter proposal, next steps

Hausenblas, Michael
 

Thank you, Matt and can wait to start contributing!

Cheers,
Michael

--

Developer Advocate @ AWS
+353 86 0215164

On 11 February 2020 at 23:33:13, Matt Young (myoung@...) wrote:
Greetings,

I've created a draft proposal for a charter

to
form SIG Observability [1].

I heartily seek and welcome feedback, input, and collaboration from the
CNCF community! I suspect many of us share a common interest in the
observation of cloud native services, systems, and workloads. The document
posted is merely a starting point.

I propose that we begin with a few Charter Review & Iteration working
sessions, and aim for a vote in early March. This will give us a few weeks
to get established and put some basics in place prior to KubeCon.

*Charter Incubation & Review Meetings*

- working session: 2/14, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)
- working session: 2/21, 9:00-10:00 am (US Pacific), 12:00-1:00 (US East)
- working session: 2/28, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)


*TOC vote to approve SIG (earliest possible)*

- Tues 03-Mar: TOC Weekly Meeting

*Contact Details*

- Slack: #sig-observability @ https://cloud-native.slack.com
- Email (coming soon)
- Zoom (coming soon)
- Calendar (coming soon)


Thanks!

Matt Young

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14uXuRQmD9OXoMamYVm-4uwRoIYSbxHcn_XrUksUe-vk/edit



Amazon Data Services Ireland Limited registered office: One Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration number 390566.


Re: sig-observability: charter proposal, next steps

alexis richardson
 

Excellent to see this. Many thanks Matt.


On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 07:32 Matt Young, <myoung@...> wrote:
Greetings,

I've created a draft proposal for a charter to form SIG Observability [1].  

I heartily seek and welcome feedback, input, and collaboration from the CNCF community!  I suspect many of us share a common interest in the observation of cloud native services, systems, and workloads.  The document posted is merely a starting point.

I propose that we begin with a few Charter Review & Iteration working sessions, and aim for a vote in early March.  This will give us a few weeks to get established and put some basics in place prior to KubeCon.

Charter Incubation & Review Meetings
  • working session: 2/14, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)
  • working session: 2/21, 9:00-10:00 am (US Pacific), 12:00-1:00 (US East)
  • working session: 2/28, 8:00-9:00 am (US Pacific), 11:00-12:00 (US East)
TOC vote to approve SIG (earliest possible)
  • Tues 03-Mar: TOC Weekly Meeting
Contact Details

Thanks!

Matt Young


3001 - 3020 of 7191