Date

Re: [cncf-special-issues] Special issues process proposal

Matt Klein

I updated the doc again after the latest round of comments in our call. I think this is ready for a final pass. PTAL.

The goal is to submit this for a governing board vote at the EU meeting.

Thanks,
Matt

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 6:32 PM Lisbeth McNabb <lmcnabb@...> wrote:
Thanks Matt.  I will be on the call.

Liz.  Hope your day away is a break for you.

Warm Regards,

Lisbeth McNabb

m:  214.632.6729
o:   415.419.7964
LisbethRMcNabb@...

Pardon my typos. Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 19, 2020, at 18:24, Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:

Apologies, I am on PTO so won't make it.

(And for some reason I don't have the call in my calendar anyway!)

--
Liz Rice - sent from my phone

On 19 Feb 2020, at 10:52, Matt Klein <mattklein123@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

Ahead of our special issues meeting tomorrow morning, I have updated the document based on feedback I have received so far. PTAL.

Thanks,
Matt

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Lisbeth McNabb <lmcnabb@...> wrote:
Excellent Matt.  I will be able to provide input Feb 7 and ahead of our next working call on Feb 20th.

Warm Regards,

Lisbeth

Linux Foundation, CFO/COO
m:  214.632.6729
@lisbethmcnabb

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 8:42 AM Matt Klein <mattklein123@...> wrote:
Hi TOC community,

As part of our working group on how to better handle project "special issues," I have put together a draft process document that I would love your feedback on:

This is part of the general work steam around improving the services that we provide to member projects (see also https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLRFOCgSleHX5ZHu3PQRTAVQB-KNjxggZxc6CFLLQxQ/edit#heading=h.wb9r8ykfgpr1).

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks,
Matt

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Dan Shaw

+1 for Justin Cappos, Emily Fox and Brendan Lum as SIG-Security Tech Leads

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 7:43 AM Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:
Quick clarification -- we're seeking a vote on filling three Tech Lead slots, not asking TOC to choose between them!

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 6:02 PM Sarah Allen via Lists.Cncf.Io <sarah=ultrasaurus.com@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

In January, the SIG-Security co-chairs along with then TOC liason’s Joe Beda and Liz Rice, agreed to nominate three Tech Leads for SIG-Security: Justin Cappos, Emily Fox and Brendan Lum. Due to the TOC election vote freeze we held off on submitting the nomination till now.

“Tech leads are assigned following a 2/3 majority vote of the TOC and a 2/3 majority vote of SIG Chairs” — cncf-sig elections

See below for more details on each of the nominated tech leads.  Liz suggested that an email vote would be fine, though if anyone wants to suggest alternate process or has questions, let us know.

Thank you!

Sarah Allen

SIG-Security Chair

———-

SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations:

Justin Cappos

Emily Fox

Brendan Lum

  • SIG-Security highlights

    • Triage team, Meeting Facilitator

    • Security reviewer on both initial assessments (in-toto and OPA)

    • Security reviewer conflict of interest guidelines PR#247

    • Presented SIG-Security session China June 2019, San Diego Nov 2019

    • Organized in-person meetup DockerCon, May 2019 issue#151

  • Professional affiliations:

  • Github: @lumjjb

  • CNCF Projects: n/a

  • SIG-Security commits

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Kevin.Ryan@...

+1

Kevin

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 7:44 AM
To: Sarah Allen <sarah@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 from me for all three nominees

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 at 02:02, Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:

[...]

    • Security Assessment Facilitator, Meeting Facilitator
    • Instrumental in bringing in assessment model to SIG-Security. In 2018, conducted SPIFFE/SPIRE audit as TOC contributor, presented to SAFE WG and proposed initial guidelines (Nov 2018) then with collaboratively on PR#140 (Jan - Apr 2019)
  • Professional affiliations:

Emily Fox

  • SIG-Security highlights
  • Professional affiliations:
    • DevOps Security Lead, NSA

Brendan Lum

  • SIG-Security highlights
    • Triage team, Meeting Facilitator
    • Security reviewer on both initial assessments (in-toto and OPA)
    • Security reviewer conflict of interest guidelines PR#247
    • Presented SIG-Security session China June 2019, San Diego Nov 2019
    • Organized in-person meetup DockerCon, May 2019 issue#151
  • Professional affiliations:
    • IBM Research, container security
      • Technical Lead: Encrypted Container Images
      • Technical Advisor: Design and Architecture. Trusted Identity Project
      • Community manager/maintainer of runnc, runtime for Nabla Containers

Re: [cncf-special-issues] Special issues process proposal

Liz Rice

[...]

CNCF Governing Board Developer Seat Election Results

Taylor Waggoner

The election for the maintainer-selected developer seat on the CNCF Governing Board has ended, with Matt Klein winning the seat.

Congratulations to Matt and thank you to everyone who participated in the election.

A big thank you to Brandon Philips for his two years of service as a developer representative on the Governing Board.

Taylor Waggoner
Sr. Operations Analyst  - Cloud Native Computing Foundation
Location & Time-zone: Portland, OR - PT
web: https://www.cncf.io/
email:  twaggoner@...

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Saad Ali

No objections from me. +1 on all three candidates. Thank you for volunteering!

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 4:49 PM Sheng Liang <sheng@...> wrote:

+1

Sheng

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 7:44 AM
To: Sarah Allen <sarah@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Sheng Liang <sheng@...>

+1

Sheng

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 7:44 AM
To: Sarah Allen <sarah@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Zhipeng Huang

+1, great set of candidates

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 12:43 AM Katie Gamanji <gamanjie@...> wrote:
+1 for all candidates

--
Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Principle Engineer
OpenStack, Kubernetes, CNCF, LF Edge, ONNX, Kubeflow, OpenSDS, Open Service Broker API, OCP, Hyperledger, ETSI, SNIA, DMTF, W3C

Re: Apologies

Saad Ali

Ok, thanks!

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 11:16 AM Li, Xiang <x.li@...> wrote:
No. It is cancelled.

From:Saad Ali via Lists.Cncf.Io <saadali=google.com@...>
Sent At:2020 Feb. 18 (Tue.) 11:14
To:Justin Cormack <justin.cormack@...>
Cc:cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject:Re: [cncf-toc] Apologies

Is there a meeting today? I didn't see anything on my calendar.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:31 AM Justin Cormack via Lists.Cncf.Io <justin.cormack=docker.com@...> wrote:
I will be on a flight during today’s meeting, apologies about that.

Justin

Re: Apologies

Justin Cormack

No, I forgot we cancelled it and my phone had an old calendar entry!

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 11:11, Saad Ali <saadali@...> wrote:
Is there a meeting today? I didn't see anything on my calendar.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:31 AM Justin Cormack via Lists.Cncf.Io <justin.cormack=docker.com@...> wrote:
I will be on a flight during today’s meeting, apologies about that.

Justin

Re: Apologies

Li, Xiang

No. It is cancelled.

From:Saad Ali via Lists.Cncf.Io <saadali=google.com@...>
Sent At:2020 Feb. 18 (Tue.) 11:14
To:Justin Cormack <justin.cormack@...>
Cc:cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>

Is there a meeting today? I didn't see anything on my calendar.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:31 AM Justin Cormack via Lists.Cncf.Io <justin.cormack=docker.com@...> wrote:
I will be on a flight during today’s meeting, apologies about that.

Justin

Re: Apologies

Saad Ali

Is there a meeting today? I didn't see anything on my calendar.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:31 AM Justin Cormack via Lists.Cncf.Io <justin.cormack=docker.com@...> wrote:
I will be on a flight during today’s meeting, apologies about that.

Justin

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Katie Gamanji

+1 for all candidates

Re: SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Justin Cormack

+1 (+3?) from me too.

Justin

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 07:43, Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: [EXTERNAL] [cncf-toc] SIG-Security Tech Lead nominations

Michelle Noorali

+1 to all of the nominees. Looks like a great group!

[...]

Re: Project presentations meeting

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Today's meeting has been removed from the calendar, no meeting today.
Happy to take suggestions about what should be in this meeting slot!

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:54 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
The third-Tuesday-of-the-month public TOC meeting has been for project presentations, but now that the SIGs are handling those project presentations, let’s cancel that meeting. I’m sure we can all find good uses for the extra time we'll get back!

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

[...]

Apologies

Justin Cormack

I will be on a flight during today’s meeting, apologies about that.