Date

Re: Sandbox process needs to evolve to support cross industry collaboation

Alex Chircop

Agreed. +1

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 4:25 PM Reitbauer, Alois via lists.cncf.io <alois.reitbauer=dynatrace.com@...> wrote:

TOC-Members,

This email is a follow up of a conversation I started with dims.

I am asking you to rethink the current Sandbox process – mostly regarding speed. The idea of having a way to collaborate across organisations under a neutral foundation is key ideal of the CNCF. However, this is proving to get harder; mostly regarding the speed of acceptance.

Let me share an example. We have put together an industry consortium to define a common, vendor-neutral standard for feature flagging (https://openfeature.dev ) and brought together a consortium spanning key industry players and end users (see interested parties: https://github.com/open-feature/community/blob/main/interested-parties.md ). We submitted for sandbox early this year and given the current backlog and progress on evaluating projects it is very likely that the project will get accepted until late this year.

Pulling these activities off, getting buy in form key stakeholder and driving momentum to move them forward is a major effort. A key part of proces is being able to operate under a neutral entry like the CNCF. If this process is taking a very long time, it has negative impact on these initiatives. People might lose interest, change roles or jobs, etc.

The sandbox process is an essential part of evolving the cloud native landscape, but it is broken and needs to evolve.

I am proposing to make this a continuous process; maybe involving TAGs (again), who can support handling to workload and defining a set of criteria allowing project to prepare for being accepted quickly. Just some ideas on criteria:

  • Obviously, the project being cloud native
  • Clear goals and roadmap
  • A community engagement plan.
  • A team/consortium that can the delivery on the project’s goals.

Immediate steps then should be to get the current backlog down and define a “service level” by when project should be able to expect a response.

I am willing to support on improving the process, if needed/wanted.

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged or copyrighted material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. StorageOS Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09614942. Registered office address: 2 Minton Place, Victoria Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6QB.

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022, 16:25 Reitbauer, Alois via lists.cncf.io, <alois.reitbauer=dynatrace.com@...> wrote:

[...]

Reitbauer, Alois

[...]

Green Cloud Interest

Richard Hill

+1 non Binding.

Really pleased to see initiatives like this kicking off and looking at computing from a new angle.

Will be watching this with interest.

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

Toni Menzel

+1 (non-binding)

rebaze GmbH
Developer focused Technology Consulting & Cloud Native Infrastructure.

This is the official vote for the Environmental Conservation/Sustainability Working Group.

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

-alena

On Apr 26, 2022, at 3:11 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

This is the official vote for the Environmental Conservation/Sustainability Working Group.

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

yuanyunyuleson

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

常亮(leonchang)

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] CubeFS for incubation

hexiaochun@...

+1 non-binding

Onsite Maintainers Circle in Valencia! Help us spread the word!

Paris Pittman <paris_pittman@...>

All,

Please help us spread the word to all of your project lists and chat channels to promote the onsite Maintainers Circle session during Valencia KubeCon/CloudNativeCon! This is geared towards project Maintainers and those in named roles who make decisions for the project (committee members, OWNERs files, etc.). This will be our second in person session.

This session is focusing on skills, tips/tricks, and the care you should put into yourself as a Reviewer.
Mounds of pull requests are in your queue. How do you approach reviewing them? Reviewing can be challenging for a number of reasons: complex codebase, not the best tooling, the overwhelming number, and more.
Experts Tim Hockin and Danielle Lancashire, two esteemed CNCF project maintainers, will be joining us. As always, this is an interactive session so come for the great talks but stay for the discussion in between.

Paris

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

Aparna Subramanian

+1 NB

Aparna Subramanian
Director of Production Engineering
Shopify

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 3:51 PM Evers, Melissa <melissa.evers@...> wrote:

+1 NB

Melissa Evers

Strategy to Execution

Intel Software and Advanced Technology Group

@melisevers, c 503.333.8488

she/her

This is the official vote for the Environmental Conservation/Sustainability Working Group.

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

--

~Dave

Re: [k8s-steering] Re: [cncf-toc] Kubecon mask mandate post mortem (Re: Short statement from CNCF GB)

Davanum Srinivas

Agree Erin!

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 6:02 PM Erin Boyd <eboyd@...> wrote:
I almost think we should lead with the inclosing at the start to better frame why we are providing this information.
Thoughts?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 3:44 PM Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:

--

Erin A. Boyd

Director of Emerging Technologies OCTO

Distinguished Engineer

Red Hat

eboyd@...

Re: Kubecon mask mandate post mortem (Re: Short statement from CNCF GB)

Erin Boyd

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 2:01 PM Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

Maulik Shyani

+1 NB

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:53 PM <debra.bernstein@...> wrote:

Thanks and Regards,

Maulik Shyani
CEO
408.480.8501

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

debra.bernstein@...

+1 NB

Re: Keptn Incubation Proposal - Public Comment

Oleg Nenashev

Dear all,

My name is Oleg Nenashev, I am one of Keptn maintainers who coordinates Keptn incubation. I'll be happy to answer any questions about Keptn and its community, and to update the due diligence document to address the provided feedback.

Just to address a few comments in the CNCF Slack channels.
  • In addition to the official public roadmap referenced in documentation, there is a PoC of the new roadmap which we plan to make official in a few weeks before Kubecon. The difference is that it includes roadmap for Keptn integrations, and also provides additional views for community areas (e.g. Keptn core, community or documentation)
  • There is a plan to have a security review for Keptn: tag-security #784. The project applied for security review in September, and currently we're waiting in the TAG Security's review queue. We had a conversation with Brandon Lum in order to schedule the next steps, and we're going through the initial review stages.
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Keptn project

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 8:36 PM Lei Zhang <resouer@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We are opening the public comment period for the proposal of Keptn to progress at the CNCF as an Incubating project.

Feel free to comment on the above doc or raise related discussion.

Other information:

Thanks,

Lei Zhang (Harry)

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

Re: [VOTE] WG Environmental Conservation/Sustainability

Gergely Brautigam

+1 NB!

This is a fantastic beginning and I can't wait to see how it will affect corporations and people all around the world. :)

281 - 300 of 7197