Date

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 5:02 PM Brendan Burns via lists.cncf.io
<bburns=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+1, binding.

________________________________
From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Matt Klein via lists.cncf.io <mattklein123=gmail.com@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:00 AM
To: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

+1

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 5:58 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

The TiKV project has applied for promotion to "Graduated" (see https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/414).

Saad Ali is the TOC sponsor and has called for the vote at the end of the public comment period. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4847)
After the inclusion of the pd repo into the TikV org, he's called for another vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5180)

Due diligence doc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KCFeOdTIUXEkJJjaBrge8aIdovwdx4W2HngmUm5nfOA/edit#

CNCF SIG Storage has reviewed the proposal, their recommendation can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15TQERAYI-6NWj3eTGZxKJ_g3kBP9E11v1b-Gx8lFpt0/edit#

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

Brendan Burns

+1, binding.

From: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Tue,Aug 18,2020 8:58 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

The TiKV project has applied for promotion to "Graduated" (see https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/414).

Saad Ali is the TOC sponsor and has called for the vote at the end of the public comment period. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4847)
After the inclusion of the pd repo into the TikV org, he's called for another vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5180)

Due diligence doc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KCFeOdTIUXEkJJjaBrge8aIdovwdx4W2HngmUm5nfOA/edit#

CNCF SIG Storage has reviewed the proposal, their recommendation can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15TQERAYI-6NWj3eTGZxKJ_g3kBP9E11v1b-Gx8lFpt0/edit#

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020, 7:45 PM <zhangjinpeng@...> wrote:
+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

Jinpeng Zhang

+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

cfworking1990@...

+1 NB

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

sunxiaoguang@...

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

Hao Weng

+1 non-binding. Thanks.

[VOTE] TiKV Graduation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The TiKV project has applied for promotion to "Graduated" (see https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/414).

Saad Ali is the TOC sponsor and has called for the vote at the end of the public comment period. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4847)
After the inclusion of the pd repo into the TikV org, he's called for another vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5180)

Due diligence doc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KCFeOdTIUXEkJJjaBrge8aIdovwdx4W2HngmUm5nfOA/edit#

CNCF SIG Storage has reviewed the proposal, their recommendation can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15TQERAYI-6NWj3eTGZxKJ_g3kBP9E11v1b-Gx8lFpt0/edit#

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

Saad Ali

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 02:33 PM, Saad Ali wrote:
as completed the migration of the pd repo from PingCap to the TiKV org. See https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/414#issuecomment-674704044
I spoke with Amye, and she recommended the best path forward would be to terminate this thread, and start a new vote for TiKV.

Re: [VOTE] TiKV Graduation

Saad Ali

The TiKV team was very responsive, and has completed the migration of the pd repo from PingCap to the TiKV org. See https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/414#issuecomment-674704044

PTAL

Re: [VOTE] Tech Lead nomination for SIG Observability: Bartłomiej Płotka

Ganesh Vernekar

+1 NB

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] CNCF position on new Docker policy limiting image retention

Matt Farina

The CNCF is already working on the arfifact hub project. This could be the first real use case for the project.

The artifact hub already has a "real" use case. That is to make it easier to discover cloud native artifacts for those end-users who consume them. These artifacts are often distributed and hosted all over. Discoverability is a problem.

I would instead suggest a more appropriate path would be for the CNCF to host a Harbor instance (or set of instances) if it's going to use CNCF projects for this. Harbor happens to be graduated rather sandbox which means it's more mature. People pulling images for CNCF projects would want something more mature.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020, at 4:28 AM, Reitbauer, Alois via lists.cncf.io wrote:

I wonder, whether this is the right timing to discuss running a dedicated registry for CNCF projects.

The CNCF is already working on the arfifact hub project. This could be the first real use case for the project. While the initial scope was different, I think it is well worth exploring this route.

// Alois

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Thursday, 13. August 2020 at 19:09
To: saiyam pathak <Saiyam911@...>, frederick@... <frederick@...>
Cc: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, Yuri Shkuro <shkuro@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] CNCF position on new Docker policy limiting image retention

In general, CNCF hasn't paid for infrastructure, so I think if we were going to do something like that, we should talk about it generally.

However, in this case, as was noted, I think the effect is minimal to non-existent, since by definition any image that hasn't been pulled in 6 months is pretty low-impact.

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Thursday, 13. August 2020 at 19:09
To: saiyam pathak <Saiyam911@...>, frederick@... <frederick@...>
Cc: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, Yuri Shkuro <shkuro@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[1]: https://www.docker.com/pricing/retentionfaq

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20

Re: [VOTE] Rook Graduation

Tina Tsou

Dear all,

+1, NB