Date

Re: TOC voting status

Chris Aniszczyk

All TOC candidates passed the evaluation period.

The governing board is currently voting on the candidates per the charter:
The voting period begins today (Jan 25th) and closes Jan 28th 9pm PT. TOC results announced Jan 29th.

HTH

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Greetings,

        Wondering if there is any news on the list of TOC candidates that have "passed" the vetting, and when voting will open?

        Christopher

--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio

CNCF TOC Results

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

Hello CNCF members,

The voting for the first 6 members of the CNCF TOC is now complete by the Governing Board. We have our TOC results.

CompanyNameTerm
Apache Software FoundationBenjamin Hindman3 years
Apache Software FoundationCamille Fournier3 years
CiscoKen Owens3 years
CoreOSJonathan Boulle3 years
JoyentBryan Cantrill3 years
WeaveworksAlexis Richardson3 years

Congrats to all TOC members selected! We'll reach out next week to kick off the process of selecting the 3 additional TOC members per the charter, one (1) selected by the End User TAB and two (2) by the initial seven TOC members.

Have a great weekend.

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager

Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
Skype: srsaul

CNCF TOC Meeting Minutes 2/17

Chris Aniszczyk

The first meeting of the CNCF TOC was held today.

Here are the meeting minutes/slides:

The TOC will be meeting on a weekly basis as we bootstrap things.

Re: CNCF TOC Meeting Minutes 2/17

alexis richardson

thanks Chris!

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The first meeting of the CNCF TOC was held today.

Here are the meeting minutes/slides:

The TOC will be meeting on a weekly basis as we bootstrap things.

CNCF TOC Meetings

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

The CNCF TOC meetings will be held weekly on Wednesdays at 8AM PST.

Below is the dial-in information to listen in.

Optional dial in number: 646-494-8704
No PIN needed

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager

Vote for your CNCF TOC Chair

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

Hello CNCF TOC Members,

We have two nominations for the TOC chair position. Please see below for the two candidates. Here is a link to their bios as well.
  • Ken Owens, Cisco
  • Alexis Richardson, Weaveworks
The CIVS voting period has started and will be live until February 26th at 12PM PST. Results announced Feb 26th at 2PM PST.

All TOC members should have received an email from CIVS.

Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager

Re: Vote for your CNCF TOC Chair

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

Friendly reminder to the TOC members to vote for your chair by tomorrow at 12PM PST.

If you did not receive an email from CIVS, please reach out and I'll resend.

Thank you,
Sarah

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Sarah Saul <ssaul@...> wrote:
[...]

CNCF TOC Chair Results

Sarah Saul <ssaul@...>

The TOC has decided who will fill the Chair position. Drum roll please...

Congrats to Alexis Richardson of Weaveworks!

Our next meeting will be held next Wednesday March 2nd at 8AM PST.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager

Re: CNCF TOC Chair Results

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

Congrats Alexis!

Kenneth Owens
CTO
Cisco Intercloud Services
kenowens@...
Phone: +1 408 424 0872
Mobile: +1 314 591 5708

Cisco.com

Think before you print. Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

The TOC has decided who will fill the Chair position. Drum roll please...

Congrats to Alexis Richardson of Weaveworks!

Our next meeting will be held next Wednesday March 2nd at 8AM PST.

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Sarah

--

Sarah Saul

Client Services Manager

The Linux Foundation

(M) 520-245-5185

Skype: srsaul

Fun Friday reading

alexis richardson

Hi all

Some more Recent Prior Art we could learn from...

1. MariaDB

Notable because it employs a developer, Monty.  I personally do NOT think that the CNCF should employ developers in this way.  However, I thought the raisons d'etre might be worth a quick glance.  For example number one is "helping new contributors..."

2. Node.js

"helping new contributors" is taken to a greater extreme here.  Have a plough through this.  It is quite a long read but may be worth stealing ideas from.

alexis

Re: CNCF TOC Chair Results

Aaron Bell <aaron@...>

Congratulations Alexis : )

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Sarah Saul via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The TOC has decided who will fill the Chair position. Drum roll please...

Congrats to Alexis Richardson of Weaveworks!

Our next meeting will be held next Wednesday March 2nd at 8AM PST.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
Skype: srsaul

Re: CNCF TOC Chair Results

alexis richardson

Thank you Aaron :)

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 19:57 Aaron Bell via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Congratulations Alexis : )

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Sarah Saul via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The TOC has decided who will fill the Chair position. Drum roll please...

Congrats to Alexis Richardson of Weaveworks!

Our next meeting will be held next Wednesday March 2nd at 8AM PST.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah Saul
Client Services Manager
The Linux Foundation
Skype: srsaul

Re: Fun Friday reading

Michael Richmond

Alexis,
Lots of good strategies in the node.js post. Adopting many of those ideas integrated together with a CI system could be a useful approach. I have in mind something like the OpenStack CI system where creating a pull-request triggers an automated build and test execution. This automated build/test could write a link to the build log and a red/green indicator to the pull-request.

Do you have any thoughts about how a CNCF toolchain/CI approach could fit into this community model?

Regards,
Michael Richmond

michael richmond | cloud technology architect | infoblox | mrichmond@...

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 15:05
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Fun Friday reading

Hi all

Some more Recent Prior Art we could learn from...

1. MariaDB

Notable because it employs a developer, Monty.  I personally do NOT think that the CNCF should employ developers in this way.  However, I thought the raisons d'etre might be worth a quick glance.  For example number one is "helping new contributors..."

2. Node.js

"helping new contributors" is taken to a greater extreme here.  Have a plough through this.  It is quite a long read but may be worth stealing ideas from.

alexis

Re: Fun Friday reading

Chris Aniszczyk

It's a bit early to chat CI within the CNCF IMHO, but it's definitely a service we can potentially offer.

We have a 1000+ node community cluster donated via Intel/Supernap that can be used for this purpose easily.

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 15:05
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

Hi all

Some more Recent Prior Art we could learn from...

1. MariaDB

Notable because it employs a developer, Monty.  I personally do NOT think that the CNCF should employ developers in this way.  However, I thought the raisons d'etre might be worth a quick glance.  For example number one is "helping new contributors..."

2. Node.js

"helping new contributors" is taken to a greater extreme here.  Have a plough through this.  It is quite a long read but may be worth stealing ideas from.

http://aniszczyk.org
+1 512 961 6719

Re: Fun Friday reading

alexis richardson

+1 --- CI and testing is a way that CNCF can provide more help via infra/services, than a typical other foundation.  Certainly I have wished for access to scalable test infra myself, many times in the past.

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 15:05
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

Hi all

Some more Recent Prior Art we could learn from...

1. MariaDB

Notable because it employs a developer, Monty.  I personally do NOT think that the CNCF should employ developers in this way.  However, I thought the raisons d'etre might be worth a quick glance.  For example number one is "helping new contributors..."

2. Node.js

"helping new contributors" is taken to a greater extreme here.  Have a plough through this.  It is quite a long read but may be worth stealing ideas from.

TOC vote on Kubernetes

alexis richardson

To the TOC members,

Please indicate your vote on the acceptance of Kubernetes as a CNCF project by saying YES or NO.  Today we are seeking unanimous support, from all TOC voting members, for the following statement.

“The TOC has accepted Kubernetes into the CNCF. Google may now transfer copyright and trademarks(*) associated with Kubernetes to the Linux Foundation. Kubernetes is now an Incubated Project(**) at the CNCF. The TOC is working with the Kubernetes community to finalise the project governance model.”

(*) Sarah Novotny will provide a complete list of assets.  Our understanding is that a "yes" vote will lead to Google initiating the IP transfers to LF for the CNCF.
(**) The TOC will define "Incubated Project" asap

NOTE: This is a special process that we have introduced for Kubernetes as the first CNCF project. For later projects, we (the TOC) intend to use a more formal process.

If you have questions or comments, speak up!

alexis

Re: TOC vote on Kubernetes

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

YES

[...]

Camille Fournier

Yes

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

Yes.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

CNCF TOC Meeting Notes 3/2/2016

Chris Aniszczyk

Here are the slides/notes from the TOC meeting today:

Here are some notable things discussed:
- Alexis Richardson was elected as TOC Chair
- 3 working groups formed
- initial discussion around cluster governance proposal

We will me again next week on 3/9