Date

Re: prior docs about vitess

alexis richardson

thanks Sugu - that is helpful.

If we are going to ask Kyle if he could 'do a jepsen', it would be
very good to understand which consistency choices should be tested.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Sugu Sougoumarane <sougou@...> wrote:
Vitess offers different transaction modes and isolation levels as described
here: http://vitess.io/user-guide/twopc.html#isolation.

The choice depends on what an application can tolerate. In case of the
current Vitess community, users have rarely requested 2pc. They are usually
satisfied with single-shard ACID transactions. The few that have requested
2PC are satisfied with the default isolation trade-offs.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>
wrote:

This transition: X --> scalable X, suggests we are seeing parallel
evolutions of each category X. If so then we can ask what properties
of X are preserved. Atomicity and durability only?

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Brian Grant <briangrant@...>
wrote:
Again, the main value as I see it is that Vitess facilitates a
transition
from MySQL to a more scalable implementation (scalable enough for
Youtube),
without taking so big a leap as NoSQL. Sugu confirmed that Vitess is
getting
interest from MySQL users.

I could imagine also trying to find projects covering other categories,
such
as object storage and some flavor(s) of NoSQL.

I view filesystems as a different category than these application-level
storage systems.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@...> wrote:

The main doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p7gqlpQNJpZtsolHeX6vXR4NXXwGrCMsCz8rSi5jsBA/edit#heading=h.d6b07oufwoag

The original presentation a few weeks ago:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hvTin7ui_p_klCM9F88vBoFU_5K4Ax6KlnYIZR5jAgs/edit#slide=id.gd5ae4e962_2_136

Re: [VOTE] CNI project proposal (incubation)

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

+1

On 15 May 2017 at 18:43, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

The CNI (Container Network Interface) project consists of a specification and libraries for writing plugins to configure network interfaces in Linux containers, along with a number of supported plugins. CNI concerns itself only with network connectivity of containers and removing allocated resources when the container is deleted. Because of this focus, CNI has a wide range of support (from Kubernetes, rkt, Mesos and more) and the specification is simple to implement (https://github.com/containernetworking/cni/blob/master/SPEC.md)

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:

Re: Serverless WG formation

Tim Uckun <timuckun@...>

I would like to participate.

Thanks.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Cathy Zhang via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

I will participate for Huawei and actively contribute to this effort. As I presented today,

my key interest is consistent and portable user-facing configuration (event, function, event-function interaction/relationship)

for its serverless workflow requirement .

Thanks,

Cathy

Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc ---05/15/2017 12:44:09 PM---The TOC has decided to invite CNI (https://github.com/containernetworking/) as an incubation level C

From: Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 05/15/2017 12:44 PM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

The CNI (Container Network Interface) project consists of a specification and libraries for writing plugins to configure network interfaces in Linux containers, along with a number of supported plugins. CNI concerns itself only with network connectivity of containers and removing allocated resources when the container is deleted. Because of this focus, CNI has a wide range of support (from Kubernetes, rkt, Mesos and more) and the specification is simple to implement (https://github.com/containernetworking/cni/blob/master/SPEC.md)

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub:

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719_______________________________________________

-- Randy AbernethyManaging PartnerRX-M, LLCrandy.abernethy@...o 415-800-2922c 415-624-6447
+31 652134960
Marketing Chair www.cncf.io

Re: Serverless WG formation

Antonio Gulli

cncf-toc@...> wrote:

> Today on the TOC call we discussed starting a Serverless workgroup and I
> agreed to chair said workgroup. There was no disagreement on the call but
> many TOC members were not present. Please respond with concerns or
> agreement.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Ken
>

> [image: banner2]
>

> *Kenneth Owens*
>
> CTO
>
> kenowens@...
>
> Tel: *+1 408 424 0872 <(408)%20424-0872>*
>
> *Cisco Systems, Inc.*
>
> 16401 Swingley Ridge Road Suite 400
> CHESTERFIELD
> 63017
> United States
> cisco.com
>

> [image: http://www.cisco.com/assets/swa/img/thinkbeforeyouprint.gif]Think
> before you print.
>
> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
> by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
> reply email and delete all copies of this message.
>
> Please click here
> <http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for
> Company Registration Information.

Antonio Gulli | Site Lead && Eng. Director | gulli@...