Thanks Dims, I’m so glad to see this is open for public to view. Appreciate everyone’s time in reviewing the projects!

Best,

Lin

On Jul 27, 2022, at 9:21 AM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:

Folks,

please see  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_fqXe_ssVY  for the video recording of this meeting to see what exactly we debated for each project.

thanks,
-- Dims

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 12:48 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The TOC met today to review applications at sandbox.cncf.io

Hexa Policy Orchestrator: passes with a majority vote of the TOC
(Please update your documentation around your projects in onboarding)
Konveyor: passes with a majority vote of the TOC
Trousseau: reapply with a more robust community, present to SIG security and/or TAG Security
YAM: incorrect Github links? reapply with correct project links
Armada: passes with a majority vote of the TOC
KubeRay: Should this stay with the Ray project? Reapply with more details around why CNCF is the right home.
Open Zero Trust security platform: reapply with correct project links and code history
SREWorks: TAG-App Delivery presentation for introduction and demo, TOC is unclear on the project's goals
BumbleBee: eBPF isn't itself a cloud native technology, even if it's packaged that way. The eBPF Foundation is likely a better fit.
CloudNativePG: Please present to TAG-App Delivery to propose a working group to improve Postgres on k8s.
dbpack: Reapply with a more robust community.
Carina: TAG-Storage presentation for introduction and demo
Multy: Reapply with a more robust community, focusing on limited use-cases to drive adoption.
External Secrets Operator: passes with a majority vote of the TOC

Next Sandbox Review Meeting: September 27th, 2022

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

--
Davanum Srinivas :: https://twitter.com/dims

Re: Results from Sandbox Inclusion Meeting, July 26

Davanum Srinivas

The TOC met today to review applications at sandbox.cncf.io

[...]

Re: SPIFFE and SPIRE for Graduation: Public Comment Period thru AUG 9 2022

Trilok Geer

+1 NB

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 at 9:58 PM, Emily Fox <themoxiefoxatwork@...> wrote:
Community,

Both the SPIFFE and SPIRE projects have applied to move from incubation to graduation. As the TOC sponsors, Justin Cormack and I would like to thank everyone for their work and patience in bringing both projects to this exciting point.

Everyone is welcome to comment in the document, on the PR, or in reply to this thread, before we move to a TOC vote. This period of public comment will last a minimum of two weeks closing on AUG 9 2022.

Thank you.

~Emily Fox

CNCF Tech Writers Office Hours (July)

Nate Waddington

Hello Everyone,

On the last Wednesday of every month, we host a CNCF Tech Writers Office Hours. Projects are welcome to drop in and chat with the CNCF Tech Docs team about any documentation questions they might have.

Please note, we’ve changed the time! We’re starting two hours earlier now, 8:00AM Pacific time.

Wed July 27, 8:00am - 8:50am (PST).

https://tockify.com/cncf.public.events/detail/433/1658934000000

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Nate.

Re: [cncf-wg-env-sustainability] recap of WG meeting

Marlow Weston <catblade@...>

Many thanks for this, Erin!

Other notes for folks:

We've gone and started a tag proposal here:

Requests for feedback, and please join the hackmd if you can for more dynamic discussion as not all changes get pushed to that branch quickly.  If you need to know how, please contact me and I'll get you set up quickly with permissions.  I will need your hackmd account name.

Huamin Chen had chair recommendations that he sent to this mailing list.  My understand is that chairs do need to be part of this TAG proposal, is that correct Erin?

If anyone would like others recommended for this, please do send to the group so we can discuss August 3.  We would like to submit the proposal shortly after that meeting as to not lose momentum and to be able to make kubecon with the announcement, if we can get approved in time.

Many thanks,
Marlow

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022, 5:10 PM Erin Boyd <eboyd@...> wrote:
Hi Folks,
Just wanted to touch base and reiterate our position in the TOC and see if there are any questions moving forward.

The current Environmental Sustainability WG will be disbanded and formalized into a TAG.
Many of you may be asking 'why?' Let me attempt to address those concerns here:
1) Currently we don't have a governance or process structure that supports work groups unattached/affiliated with a TAG.  We have formalized our documentation to reflect this and recognize our negligence in the formation of the group months ago.
2) Ensure governance, processes, etc... are consistent with the CNCF way & provide an avenue for the TAG to engage with the TOC for support/media/talks/etc...

What is next?
The TOC is looking to work with the current community to submit a proposal for the TAG along with accepting nominations for 3 leadership co-chair positions. These will be voted on by the TOC. These positions have a 2-year term limit consistent with the other TAG co-chairs.

@Richard Hartmann and I are here to help and will be serving as your TOC sponsors!
We look forward to working with you. Please let us know how we can help.

Thanks,
Erin

--

Erin A. Boyd

Director of Emerging Technologies OCTO

Distinguished Engineer

Red Hat

eboyd@...

recap of WG meeting

Erin Boyd

[...]

Brandon Lum

+1 nb

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022, 12:55 PM Lee Calcote via lists.cncf.io <lee.calcote=layer5.io@...> wrote:
+1 NB

On Jul 26, 2022, at 2:54 PM, Ken Owens <kenchristineowens@...> wrote:

+1 NB

+1 NB. Looking forward to SPIFFE "crossing the chasm" one day.

Both the SPIFFE and SPIRE projects have applied to move from incubation to graduation. As the TOC sponsors, Justin Cormack and I would like to thank everyone for their work and patience in bringing both projects to this exciting point.

Everyone is welcome to comment in the document, on the PR, or in reply to this thread, before we move to a TOC vote. This period of public comment will last a minimum of two weeks closing on AUG 9 2022.

Thank you.

~Emily Fox

⚠ External Email: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.

[...]

Rahul Jadhav

+1 NB

Excited to see SPIFFE/SPIRE graduating.

Regards,
Rahul

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 9:58 PM Emily Fox <themoxiefoxatwork@...> wrote:
Community,

Both the SPIFFE and SPIRE projects have applied to move from incubation to graduation. As the TOC sponsors, Justin Cormack and I would like to thank everyone for their work and patience in bringing both projects to this exciting point.

Everyone is welcome to comment in the document, on the PR, or in reply to this thread, before we move to a TOC vote. This period of public comment will last a minimum of two weeks closing on AUG 9 2022.

Thank you.

~Emily Fox

Results from Sandbox Inclusion Meeting, July 26

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The TOC met today to review applications at sandbox.cncf.io

[...]

Emily Fox

Community,

Both the SPIFFE and SPIRE projects have applied to move from incubation to graduation. As the TOC sponsors, Justin Cormack and I would like to thank everyone for their work and patience in bringing both projects to this exciting point.

Everyone is welcome to comment in the document, on the PR, or in reply to this thread, before we move to a TOC vote. This period of public comment will last a minimum of two weeks closing on AUG 9 2022.

Thank you.

~Emily Fox

Re: [VOTE] Cloud Custodian for incubation

Jorge Castro

Hi Dave,

Improving affiliation diversity has been a goal for us for this year. We've recently merged another maintainer: https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/commit/d5a3010e02e105bf3d29520682b768d8534b32f9 and hoping to continue to train up folks to take on more responsibility if they so choose. I've taken a work item to detail more on our efforts in our next annual review report to surface more of this.

As for the governance model there is a draft here : https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/7149
Hopefully no surprises on that one since it's strikingly similar to other CNCF projects on purpose. :)

On Jul 25 2022, at 4:25 am, Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io <dzolo=spotify.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

I’m concerned about the BDFL-like governance and would like to see some work towards moving away from that in the next year. Though, overall, this looks great and I support moving on to incubation.

~Dave

On Jul 19, 2022, at 11:00 PM, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:

+1 binding

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022, at 6:19 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Cloud Custodian has applied to move to the incubation level.

Ricardo Rocha is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7180)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Contributor Strategy Mentoring WG

Huabing Zhao

+1 NB

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 6:19 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
This is the official vote to approve the Mentoring Working Group for TAG Contributor Strategy.

PR: https://github.com/cncf/tag-contributor-strategy/pull/188

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Contributor Strategy Mentoring WG

Josh Berkus

Hey, folks:

Could we have a few more binding votes on this? The mentoring WG team is eager to get started working on things, and (among other things) we can't make them part of the public CNCF calendar until this vote passes. Thanks!

--
-- Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community Architect

Re: [VOTE] Cloud Custodian for incubation

Dave Zolotusky

+1 binding

I’m concerned about the BDFL-like governance and would like to see some work towards moving away from that in the next year. Though, overall, this looks great and I support moving on to incubation.

~Dave

On Jul 19, 2022, at 11:00 PM, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:

+1 binding

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022, at 6:19 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Cloud Custodian has applied to move to the incubation level.

Ricardo Rocha is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7180)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] TAG Contributor Strategy Mentoring WG

Katie Gamanji

+1 binding

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 10:28 AM Dave Zolotusky via lists.cncf.io <dzolo=spotify.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 6:34 PM Zhang, Cathy H <cathy.h.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

Best regards,
Cathy

Re: [VOTE] Cloud Custodian for incubation

Asif Ali

+1 NB

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 2:40 PM Karena Angell <kangell@...> wrote:
+1 NB

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 3:04 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022, at 6:19 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Cloud Custodian has applied to move to the incubation level.

Ricardo Rocha is the TOC sponsor for this project, has called for public comment and has approved a call for a public vote. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/7180)

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

441 - 460 of 7712