Date

TOC Election - List of Qualified Nominees

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The list of qualified nominees for this TOC election cycle is now available:

Karena Angell
Ricardo Aravena
Daniel Berg
Lee Calcote
Avi Cavale
Duffie Cooley
Emily Fox
Asser Ghorab
Richard Hartmann
Khaled Henidak
Sergey Kanzhelev
Bob Killen
Sergiu Petean
Ricardo Rocha
Thomas Schuetz
Alolita Sharma
Andrés Vega
Kevin Wang
Jason Webb

Congratulations to our nominees! The Selecting Groups (Governing Board, Maintainers and End User Community) have now been sent ballots with the nominees from their groups.

Timeline:
December 7: Nominations open – 12 PM PT
January 11: Nominations close - 12 PM PT
Jan 11: Qualification period opens
Jan 25: Qualification period closes *we are here*
Jan 25: Election opens, Voting occurs by a time-limited Condorcet-IRV ranking in CIVS *we are also here*
Feb 1: Election closes at 12pm Pacific, results announced
Feb 4: New TOC is seated!

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Re: Clarification from KubeEdge Community

Liz Rice

Thanks for these comments

Looking at the README for FabEdge I am somewhat confused about the statement that "FabEdge is a CNI" (where I'm taking that to be shorthand for "Kubernetes CNI Plugin" i.e. a component that provides the Container Networking Interface to a Kubernetes cluster). From the README my understanding is that FabEdge is providing edge connectivity, but not connectivity for Kubernetes pods within the cluster? It needs to be used alongside a CNI (examples of Calico and Flannel are given), so I'm not sure how it can itself be a CNI?

Maybe the answer is that FabEdge is providing edge connectivity, but that there are other "control plane" aspects of edge computing that it does not cover? And that the KubeEdge project provides these control plane aspects, tightly coupled with edge connectivity coming from the EdgeMesh component? Please, do correct me if this is not the correct understanding.

TAG Network folks, what are your thoughts here? Please advise.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 8:47 AM Kevin Wang via lists.cncf.io <wangzefeng=huawei.com@...> wrote:
Thank you.

Kevin
--
KubeEdge | Volcano | Kubernetes | CNCF | LF Edge

Re: [VOTE] ChaosMesh for incubation

Sheng Liang

+1 binding