Date

Nomination of Alolita Sharma to TAG Observability Co-Chair

Matt Young

Dear TAG Observability Liaisons and all TOC members,

We the co-chairs and technical lead for TAG Observability nominate Alolita Sharma, (CC’ed) as the third co-chair for TAG Observability. She has confirmed her interest, passion and that she will be able to invest sufficient time and priority to this role.

Most of you will know her from her work on the Governing Board of OpenTelemetry, Wikipedia, and Unicode.

Her words follow:

Alolita is Principal Technologist at AWS where she leads open source observability strategy and engineering for OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, Cortex and Grafana. In OpenTelemetry, she leads the interoperability workgroup ensuring OpenTelemetry protocol and metrics implementation are fully compatible with Prometheus. Alolita also serves as a member of the OpenTelemetry Governance Committee and as a board director of the Unicode Consortium. She contributes to open standards on the Unicode Technical Committee and W3C. She has served on the boards of the OSI and SFLC.in. Alolita has built and led engineering teams at Wikipedia, Twitter, PayPal and IBM. Two decades of doing open source continue to inspire her. You can find her on Twitter @alolita.

Please consider our nomination of Alolita Sharma as a TAG Observability co-chair. Alolita’s vision, domain expertise and perspective will be invaluable to the TAG, it’s growing community and the TOC.

We ask that you formally vote and invite the wider community to support this nomination with non-binding votes.

Matt Young & Richard Hartmann

Co-Chairs, CNCF TAG Observability

No meeting tomorrow, August 17

The TOC will not be meeting tomorrow, please use the time to get your nominations for the community awards in!

CNCF Community Awards 2021 - Nominations now open!

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Final reminder on this, these close tomorow at noon Pacific.

  • CNCF Top Ambassador: A champion for the cloud native space, this individual helps spread awareness of the CNCF (and its incubated projects). The CNCF Ambassador leverages multiple platforms, both online as well as speaking engagements, driving interest and excitement around the project. The CNCF Ambassadors will vote on the Top Ambassador.

  • CNCF Top Committer: This will recognize excellence in technical contributions to CNCF and its projects. The CNCF Top Committer has made key commits to projects and, more importantly, contributes in a way that benefits the project neutrally as a whole.

  • CNCF Chop Wood Carry Water: This is given to a community member who helps behind the scenes, dedicating countless hours of their time to open source projects + completing often thankless tasks for the ecosystem’s benefit. The winner of this award will be chosen by the TOC and CNCF Staff.

  • NEW: CNCF Top Documentarian: This will recognize excellence in documentation contributions to CNCF and its projects. Excellent technical documentation is one of the best ways projects can lower the barrier for contribution and build a more inclusive community.

Timeline:

Nominations Open: August 3, 2021
Nominations Close: August 17, 2021 at noon Pacific

Voting period:
Voting opens: August 17, 2021
Voting closes: September 14, 2021 at noon Pacific

We'll be announcing the awards at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Virtual North America.

CNCF Ambassadors are eligible to vote for the Top Ambassador
CNCF Maintainers are eligible to vote for the Top Committer

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Josh Berkus

On 8/13/21 9:07 AM, Cheryl Hung wrote:
I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.
Enjoy, Cheryl! We will definitely miss you ... hopefully your new role means we get to see you again.

--
-- Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community Architect

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Ricardo Rocha

Thanks so much for all the work you've done Cheryl, especially for the end user
community - it's been a privilege and we will miss you!

All the best and have a great vacation, well deserved!

Ricardo

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 09:41:15AM -0700, Steven Tan via lists.cncf.io wrote:
You’ve been awesome for the community. Hope you have fun wherever you are headed , including Barbados.

Steve

On Aug 14, 2021, at 4:28 AM, Kiran Mova <kiran.mova@mayadata.io> wrote:

Hi Cheryl,

The Technology Radars that you have nurtured and released are an awesome addition and immensely helpful! Thank you so much for all the efforts that you have put into the foundation.
Best of luck for future adventures and hope the new role still provides you the opportunities to continue your awesome work with the community.

regards
Kiran
--
Kiran Mova | Co-Founder, Chief Architect MayaData | kiran.mova@mayadata.io
https://github.com/openebs/openebs

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 4:39 PM Liz Rice <liz@lizrice.com> wrote:
You'll be missed Cheryl! Thanks for everything. Have a wonderful holiday and best of luck for your next adventure!

Liz

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 at 02:25, weiyuan.yl via lists.cncf.io <weiyuan.yl=alibaba-inc.com@lists.cncf.io> wrote:
Thank you for everything you've done for the CNCF community!

谢谢

易立(微垣)

De : "cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io" <cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> au nom de Cheryl Hung <chung@linuxfoundation.org>
Date : vendredi 13 août 2021 à 18:07
À : CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@lists.cncf.io>
Objet : [cncf-toc]  So long folks!

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

Add me on LinkedIn or Twitter

--

Cheryl Hung <chung@linuxfoundation.org>

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

http://oicheryl.com

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Steven Tan

De : "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...> au nom de Cheryl Hung <chung@...>
Date : vendredi 13 août 2021 à 18:07
À : CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@...>
Objet : [cncf-toc]
So long folks!

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

--

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Sergiu Petean - Allianz Direct

We will be missing you Cheryl. Best of luck with your next chapter.

Cheers, Sergiu

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Erik Riedel (he/him)" <erik.riedel@...>
Date: Friday, 13 August 2021 at 18:25
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@...>, "chung@..." <chung@...>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [cncf-toc]
👋 So long folks!

Thanks Cheryl for all your dedication, energy, and great work on behalf of the foundation and our community - we will miss you.

Wishing the best of luck and a great holiday - enjoy a well-deserved vacation!

Cheers,

Erik

De : "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...> au nom de Cheryl Hung <chung@...>
Date : vendredi 13 août 2021 à 18:07
À : CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@...>
So long folks!

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

--

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Liz Rice

De : "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...> au nom de Cheryl Hung <chung@...>
Date : vendredi 13 août 2021 à 18:07
À : CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@...>
So long folks!

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

--

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

回复:[cncf-toc] 👋 So long folks!

weiyuan.yl

De : "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...> au nom de Cheryl Hung <chung@...>
Date : vendredi 13 août 2021 à 18:07
À : CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@...>
So long folks!

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

--

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

reda benzair

De : "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...> au nom de Cheryl Hung <chung@...>
Date : vendredi 13 août 2021 à 18:07
À : CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>, CNCF End-Users <cncf-enduser@...>
👋 So long folks!

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

--

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Alena Prokharchyk

Thank you for everything you've done for the CNCF End User community, Cheryl. Hope you enjoy your vacation!

-alena

On Aug 13, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Cheryl Hung <chung@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!
Cheryl

--
VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: [cncf-enduser] 👋 So long folks!

Jim Haughwout

Thank you for everything!

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:07 PM Cheryl Hung <chung@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!
Cheryl

--
VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Justin Cormack

Best wishes and thanks for the huge amount you have contributed. Hope to meet up again soon!

Justin

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 at 17:07, Cheryl Hung <chung@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!
Cheryl

--
VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Sarah Novotny <Sarah.Novotny@...>

So sorry to hear this.

Have a grand vacation.

sarah

On 8/13/21, 9:08 AM, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

You don't often get email from chung=linuxfoundation.org@.... Learn why this is important

Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

--

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Erik Riedel (he/him)

[...]

Alex Jones

Cheryl,

You have been instrumental in the growth and participation of the community and will be sorely missed.

It feels like a long time since we first met and you have accomplished an incredible amount; often the leader I refer others to for inspiration.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new role and a well deserved holiday!

Best,

Alex

Re: 👋 So long folks!

Bob Killen

Thank you Cheryl for everything you've done for the Cloud Native community <3

It's been absolutely wonderful working with you :)

Enjoy the vacation and goodluck on your future endeavors!

- Bob

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:11 PM Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...> wrote:
You will be missed in the CNCF, but best of luck in your new role Cheryl - and have an amazing holiday in Barbados!

Kind Regards,
Alex

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!
Cheryl

--
VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: 👋 So long folks!

alexis richardson

Cheryl

Very sad news!  At least for those of us not going to Barbados ;-)

You have been an amazing leader and champion for the CNCF and End Users.  All the best for the future, where I am sure you will have even more impact.

alexis

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 5:07 PM Cheryl Hung <chung@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to share that I am leaving CNCF / LF, today is my last day. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to work with this community, and thank you for everything you taught me over the past three years.

As for me, I'm off on vacation in Barbados, and then I'll announce my new role in three weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to see you around the community.

Best of luck!
Cheryl

--
VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

441 - 460 of 6542