Date

Re: Carolyn Van Slyck as TL for TAG-Contributor Strategy

Dave Zolotusky

+1

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 9:55 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
Very happy to +1 for this

On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 00:07, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
+1 from me.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM Josh Berkus <jberkus@...> wrote:
TOC,

The chairs of TAG-Contributor Strategy have nominated Carolyn Van Slyck
(Microsoft) to become the first Tech Lead for our TAG.  Since she
created and deployed the new https://contribute.cncf.io website, and
continues to maintain and improve it, this election simply confirms the
reality.

Please approve and merge, thanks!

-- Josh Berkus
    On Behalf Of
    CNCF/TAG-ContribStrat

~Dave

Re: Carolyn Van Slyck as TL for TAG-Contributor Strategy

Liz Rice

Very happy to +1 for this

On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 00:07, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
+1 from me.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM Josh Berkus <jberkus@...> wrote:
TOC,

The chairs of TAG-Contributor Strategy have nominated Carolyn Van Slyck
(Microsoft) to become the first Tech Lead for our TAG.  Since she
created and deployed the new https://contribute.cncf.io website, and
continues to maintain and improve it, this election simply confirms the
reality.

Please approve and merge, thanks!

-- Josh Berkus
    On Behalf Of
    CNCF/TAG-ContribStrat

Re: Carolyn Van Slyck as TL for TAG-Contributor Strategy

Davanum Srinivas

+1 from me.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM Josh Berkus <jberkus@...> wrote:
TOC,

The chairs of TAG-Contributor Strategy have nominated Carolyn Van Slyck
(Microsoft) to become the first Tech Lead for our TAG.  Since she
created and deployed the new https://contribute.cncf.io website, and
continues to maintain and improve it, this election simply confirms the
reality.

Please approve and merge, thanks!

-- Josh Berkus
    On Behalf Of
    CNCF/TAG-ContribStrat

Carolyn Van Slyck as TL for TAG-Contributor Strategy

Josh Berkus

TOC,

The chairs of TAG-Contributor Strategy have nominated Carolyn Van Slyck (Microsoft) to become the first Tech Lead for our TAG. Since she created and deployed the new https://contribute.cncf.io website, and continues to maintain and improve it, this election simply confirms the reality.

Please approve and merge, thanks!

-- Josh Berkus
On Behalf Of
CNCF/TAG-ContribStrat

Agenda for 5/18 Meeting

We'll be meeting tomorrow at 8am Pacific.
We'll be having an open floor meeting, focused around thoughts from KubeCon, but also available for other questions.

TAG App Delivery- New Co-Chairs and tech leads

Reitbauer, Alois

Dear TOC members,

I would like to communicate some planned changes to the team of TAG App Delivery.

Two of the current chairs want to hand over their roles as co-chairs:

  • Bryan Liles wants to hand over his chair role due to other commitments
  • Lei Zhang was voted into the TOC and wants to focus on this role.

We reached out to the community for candidates for new co-chairs as well as establishing tech leads to support the chairs as we see increased technical work done in the different working groups.

Our proposal is to appoint two new co-chairs:

  • Jennifer Strejevitch, VMWare
  • Hongchao Deng, Alibaba

As tech leads we are proposing:

  • Alex Jones, now CIVO before JPMC
  • Thomas Schuetz, Dynatrace

We are looking for approval by the TOC and are looking forward to working with these great individuals as they are contributing their time and knowledge to further mature the application delivery ecosystem.

If requested we can share more background on the candidates if needed.

// Alois

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

FYI: Software Supply Chain Security Paper via CNCF Security TAG

Chris Aniszczyk

The CNCF Security TAG put together an excellent resource:

This is especially timely due to the recent US EO around cybersecurity. A lot of kudos goes to the Security TAG in building a fantastic community that continues to produce extremely useful educational materials.

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Barak Stout

+1 nb

Barak Stout
Raft
goraft.tech

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 "Thomas Schuetz via lists.cncf.io" <thomas.schuetz=dynatrace.com@...>
答复: "thomas.schuetz@..." <thomas.schuetz@...>
日期: 2021511 星期二 上午12:27
收件人: "lei.zhang@..." <lei.zhang@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 NB

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 "Thomas Schuetz via lists.cncf.io" <thomas.schuetz=dynatrace.com@...>
答复: "thomas.schuetz@..." <thomas.schuetz@...>
日期: 2021511 星期二 上午12:27
收件人: "lei.zhang@..." <lei.zhang@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 NB

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---

Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

本邮件及附件含 DaoCloud 保密信息,仅限发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组,禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用本邮件中的信息。若误收本邮件,请务必通知发送人并直接删去,不得使用、传播或复制本邮件。

Re: FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

Davanum Srinivas

Here's a hacky way :) [1]

Minio / Grafana / ScyllaDB seems like folks would hit.

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:59 PM Carolyn Van Slyck via lists.cncf.io <carolyn.vanslyck=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

Can you share which projects have recently relicensed that prompted this? I’m searching on twitter for which ones are now AGPL and wondering if I should re-audit my dependencies. 😊

I hope everyone had an amazing KubeCon + CloudNativeCon! Due to the recent re-licensing of a couple popular permissive projects to AGPL, the CNCF has posted guidance for projects that may be affected: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/agpl-recommendations.md

If you have any questions, you can always open up a servicedesk ticket: https://github.com/cncf/servicedesk#legal-services

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

Re: FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

Patrick McFadin

MinIO was pretty quiet. Just a mass commit. You can see the diffs here: https://github.com/minio/minio/commit/069432566fcfac1f1053677cc925ddafd750730a

Grafana published a blog post explaining the change. It’s actually three projects. Grafana, Loki and Tempo: https://grafana.com/blog/2021/04/20/grafana-loki-tempo-relicensing-to-agplv3/

Patrick

On May 11, 2021, at 12:03 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

"parent companies'", plural, sorry

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 20:03 Alexis Richardson, <alexis@...> wrote:
... And their parent company's other projects, I should add.

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 20:01 Carolyn Van Slyck, <Carolyn.VanSlyck@...> wrote:

Thanks!

[...]

Carolyn Van Slyck

Thanks!

[...]

moderated Re: Last chance to register for May 11 'Unraveling Container Visibility' live webinar hosted by Visionet

Chris Aniszczyk

Please don't send spam to this list again or you will be banned from CNCF messaging systems.

You can take advantage of CNCF marketing/online programs here:

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:34 AM Scott Fulton <scott.fulton@...> wrote:
CNCF,

Join OpsCruise partner and one of the leading global digital enablement system integration firms, Visionet, in a panel discussion on Unraveling Container Visibility. Visionet has helped hundreds of Global 2000 organizations migrate business processes and applications to the cloud and as part those journeys has learned a lot about what's necessary to keep those services reliable, performant and secure. In this webinar you'll learn:

  • What is observability and its importance in today’s complex cloud native environments
  • The different observability ecosystems (Cloud native, open source, and third-party applications)
  • Augmenting intelligence (AI/ML) into container observability to reduceMTTD and MTTR
  • Developing a winning container observability strategy

This live webinar takes place at 11am Eastern/8am Pacific, Tuesday, May 11. Register here

Best,

OpsCruise Team

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

moderated Last chance to register for May 11 'Unraveling Container Visibility' live webinar hosted by Visionet

Scott Fulton